Cop leaving a wanted fugitive?

Under what circumstances can a cop leave a wanted fugitive unattended? 

Earlier today I went to turn myself in, (3 manslaughter) was RPing out of cuffs with a very nice cop. Shots fired near by, he told me to wait there while we went to back up his fellow officers. I was still never put in cuffs. He came back about 3 mins later, finished RPing and i got a pardon

What is it you don't understand?

If some other pressing matter arise while a cop is processing someone, in cuffs or without cuffs, they may have to take care of that situation first.

It's a matter of priorities.

If they're doing a routine stop because someone was speeding they'll have to put that aside if someone is getting shot at and there isn't enough personell to deal with it.

I think it's called resource allocation.

Olivia and Enclave like this

As an APD officer your first concerns is the safety of both parties. If you weren't in handcuffs that means you didn't represented a danger to the officer processing you, then a pew pew situation arises so to keep you and al people in the area safety he went to back up his fellow officers. There are not much situations where you can leave unattended someone you are processing, but definitely gun fights are one the other is if you get killed (technically you didn't leave him unattended). But there is not a specific answer for that question since it's not written in the guide book.

It is Officer's Discretion 

Gloria Williams likes this
16 hours ago, Tiefman said:

Under what circumstances can a cop leave a wanted fugitive unattended

The way you phrased it here?  Indefinitely.  I mean there are always going to be wanted fugitives on the island.  The APD cannot and will never be able to capture, attend to and process them all.  

However if the fugitive is restrained (which you weren't) that is a very different matter.  Guidebook 1.11 E states that no suspect can be restrained for longer than 10 mins (that timer starts after the scene is "All Clear" and if they are being RP'ed with the timer is not running).  If you are restrained and then ignored for more than 10 mins, the officer(s) that did this are eligible to get points for violating civilian rights.  Just because the cop started talking to you doesn't mean he signed a contract to see the interaction through to a ticket/jailing/parole/pardon, if they don't, depending on the situation they're probably just dicks.

Like Big Fred said, it's prioritizing and resource allocation.  Sorry but I'm not gonna ignore the .50 cal barreling towards me because a guy is explaining his 2 speeding tickets.  When a cop sees or talks to a wanted suspect they have no obligation what-so-ever to capture the suspect or deal with their bounty.  Cops don't get punished for not wiping the wanted list clean and I personally won't bat at eye at anyone with <$15k bounty (they can come to me if they want).

OgreTV and DreamC like this
Just now, TwinCities said:

She means 15k worth of RP 

Lol bitch please you both know I'm right.  Don't we all hate the cadet who runs around Kavala "Ooh you're wanted for 1k.  Restrained.  Ooh look another guy with 2.5k!  Restrained." etc. etc. Until every criminal is restrained but none are being dealt with.  Or the cop who can't RP for 30 seconds without bringing up the 2 hit and runs you have.  Or the cop who checks the wanted list every time he sees a civ downtown.  At least I'm not scrounging for pennies underneath the sofa cushions like those types of cops haha.

Mike Stmria, Pentax, Eli and 2 others like this
3 minutes ago, Olivia said:

Lol bitch please you both know I'm right.  Don't we all hate the cadet who runs around Kavala "Ooh you're wanted for 1k.  Restrained.  Ooh look another guy with 2.5k!  Restrained." etc. etc. Until every criminal is restrained but none are being dealt with.  Or the cop who can't RP for 30 seconds without bringing up the 2 hit and runs you have.  Or the cop who checks the wanted list every time he sees a civ downtown.  At least I'm not scrounging for pennies underneath the sofa cushions like those types of cops haha.

I love when I get yelled at for pardoning speeding tickets. 

I have already left someone with a 70k bounty that turned themselves in wait unrestrained while i assisted an officer in the area. I figured if he turned himself in why would he run and I didn't want to leave him restrained because he could be stuck there if I died or someone could kidnap him. I explained that to him and he understood. It is just the safe thing to do for a civ to ensure he/she won't be stuck standing somewhere restrained for an extended period of time. 

Olivia likes this