Filter when mining and excavating

I'm sure we've all been there, you're mining/excavating for one specific thing and have to keep dumping your inventory because it gets full of stuff you don't need. Here's my suggestion to fix this:

In the Y phone, you should have a new "Filter" app. Here you get a list of everything you can find while excavating/mining, and can choose to tick/untick these items depending on whether or not you'd like to receive them. You also have a master on/off switch to turn the filter on or off as you please. This will NOT affect the chance of you actually getting these items. When you excavate or mine, you still get the same chance as anyone else to find something. However, any time you come upon something that you turned off in your filters, rather than adding it to your inventory, it would display something like this:

"You have found sand, which has been automatically discarded due to your filter settings"

This item would then just not be spawned into your Y inventory or into the world at all - as if you had only found worthless rock. Thoughts? Ideas? Support?

Jack Hoff likes this
2 minutes ago, Blacklight said:

In theory. In reality, you're going to get robbed/starve/die of thirst, and your car will have despawned ages ago.

Making it able to filter diamonds would be too op, regardless.

Maybe talents for filtering iron, etc

3 minutes ago, Huang Peng said:

So you just set the filter on while excavating go watch a movie then come back and have a inventory full of flawless diamonds?

This

3 minutes ago, Blacklight said:

In theory. In reality, you're going to get robbed/starve/die of thirst, and your car will have despawned ages ago.

Wouldn't really matter all that much, you just have to come back every 20 mins to eat, as long as you've a back pack full of diamonds that's still overpowered way of making money

It would have to be talents to filter items out versus filter something you want. There needs to be a downside to specing into the talents, if you want to completely filter out items you don't want you would have to spend a moderate number of talent points. Like when mining, one talent for iron, one for copper, on for sand, and so on.

Just now, Corgi said:

It would have to be talents to filter items out versus filter something you want. There needs to be a downside to specing into the talents, if you want to completely filter out items you don't want you would have to spend a moderate number of talent points. Like when mining, one talent for iron, one for copper, on for sand, and so on.

Seems fair, that way it would really be locked to career miners/excavators, which would be the people that need it the most anyway.

Brendon Smith likes this
15 minutes ago, Blacklight said:

Well....with a bag full of flawless diamonds, I wouldn't even mind running to the nearest town. XD

There are already two talents which do this.

One talent which makes ores more prevalent, and one talent which makes gems more prevalent.

Mining is designed to be a mixed-bag of goods. It's not supposed to be an "I only dig up what I want" type of activity.

8 hours ago, Gnashes said:

There are already two talents which do this.

One talent which makes ores more prevalent, and one talent which makes gems more prevalent.

Mining is designed to be a mixed-bag of goods. It's not supposed to be an "I only dig up what I want" type of activity.

Yo forgot the lock :D