Change EMT Heli Fees

This isn't a rant. I love this game, I love being an EMT. The examples I lay out are not sour grapes, I just want to paint the issue as specifically as I can, because I know there are a lot of players who prefer EMT, and this is actually a big problem for them (us).

TL;DR at bottom.

I know a lot of the decisions made regarding EMTs are made with the fact that they are unwhitelisted in mind. Helicopters have the capability to be very destructive or disruptive, and we wouldn't want every troll EMT to have an unlimited supply they didn't have to pay for. 

But the cost to actually make use of heli's as a non-troll EMT are really hefty, and I've never had them pay off. It's 5k up front for the vehicle, which is dirt cheap by heli standards (I honestly don't know the Civ cost) but the price to pull it out of the garage is really steep given the current state of EMT work. 

Right now, the situation goes something like this:

Buy Helicopter, 5k. You only need 7 revives to pay off that helicopter in full. But it's incredibly unlikely you'll pay it off in one use -- If you leave Kavala (and lets be honest, there's no reason to stay with a heli, it's only a slower means of transport in that small a space, and Kavala is usually swarming with EMTs) it's highly unlikely you could fly around for two hours and find 7 people to revive. This is because a medic will go to a central location, park, and wait for a call. When someone requests us, we open the map to find them on the screen while firing up the engine -- and often times they are already respawned. 

If they didn't respawn, they'll wait just long enough for you to get airborn, within 2-3km of them, and then they'll hit respawn. I've had cops do this, civs, other medics. It's not malicious, but it does waste a lot of time, and add to some frustration with the profession. 

But in theory, this not paying it off in one use is not only fine, but necessary. because you now have this helicopter, until you blow it up or get it robbed.. It's a one time expense. So you garage it after a couple of hours, maybe you got lucky and you've recouped $2400 of that $5000. Which brings us to the real problem.

So I own the heli, I jump online, I have an hour or maybe two before I have real life things to go handle. Let's go pull it out at the hospital. $2500. Now, we're not just in the hole for that $2500, we're also in the hole for the 2600 we didn't recoup after the initial purchase. And all of the fuel you burned going to calls that people respawned on before you could reach them means you have to do one of two things; spend $250 on an ambulance, land next to it and service the heli to get the gas back, or go buy the gas at a station. More expense. I would argue that with the current system you can never, ever do anything but bleed money with a helicopter. 

Just some quick math. Let's assume every time you use your heli, you revive two people (I swear on my life, this is not an average based in reality. Sometimes you may revive more, but the vast majority of the time, you'll revive 1 or none.) If you AVERAGE two revives each time (again, seriously unlikely) and you pay the helicopter fee and use the heli 10 times, you've just made a net loss of 9k. That's assuming it doesn't get blown up or robbed.

I would suggest: to both stop troll EMTs from getting helicopters, and stop EMTs from bleeding the money we bleed, the follow steps are taken: Drastically increase the purchase price of the EMT heli. It should be a goal to look forward to, and it shouldn't be so easily nabbed. When that is set, drastically cut the cost of pulling that chopper from the garage. This will ensure pulling out the chopper and being responsible for it, the garage fee will pay for itself with a little effort. I think changing the rate from $5000/$2500 to $25000/$200 or $35000/100 (or whatever rate the powers that be saw fit) would be much, much better for people playing EMT, and also have the benefit of raising the costs on EMT heli trolls who just want to blow them up anyway.  

TL;DR
It's impossible to keep up with the cost of pulling a helicopter out of the garage with the medic request system as it stands. Increase the purchase price and cut the garage fee for EMT choppers. 

RomanRunsCA and Mike Stmria like this

Your right medics are seriously underpaid with a lack of ability to make any legit money. I would recommend letting medics make money off all medical work ie patch ups (bloodbag, splint, vehicle tune up). Or raise the pay check or let medics do civ things when they are not responding to calls. It has also been brought up that medics should be firefighters also and be able to put out crash fires and building fires. It was also brought up that medics should have a defense ability like a syringe that stuns for 10 secs or be able to equip a rook if needed. Other than these small things, medic is a fun job.

10 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Hell no, if anything it needs to be raised.  Medics use the cheap ass choppers to either purposely crash into shit or learn to fly.  Neither of which are the intended purpose.

and sgts use the hunter to learn to drive. 

yet the medic helis cost the same fucking price to pull outta the garage. 

medics lose choppers more than sgts lose hunters, but which one do you see more of? 

Sheriff Rick Grimes likes this
4 minutes ago, epTic said:

and sgts use the hunter to learn to drive. 

medics lose choppers more than sgts lose hunters, but which one do you see more of? 

Medic choppers are a 5th of the cost of a Hunter....

14 minutes ago, epTic said:

2 minutes ago, epTic said:

garage fees are the same m8 

sgts buy 50 hunters and just keep em in the garage, don't act it's a massive drain of cash. 

I lose one Hunter (at least) per day.

On topic, I agree with the Initial buy increment and reduce the fee. People that actually enjoy playing medic (doing medic stuff, not VDMing) Will enjoy it more. The only con I can see here is that its gonna be hard to get it if you only play medic.

Just now, Mike Santamaria said:

I lose one Hunter (at least) per day.

On topic, I agree with the Initial buy increment and reduce the fee. People that actually enjoy playing medic (doing medic stuff, not VDMing) Will enjoy it more. The only con I can see here is that its gonna be hard to get it if you only play medic.

one hunter per day vs the amount of cash you earn while literally being afk as a cop 

Just now, Mike Santamaria said:

Haven't been able to make more than 50k or break even in the past 3 days. I understand now when higher ups said "when you area a Sgt+ you lose more money than you get"

how the fuck do you lose money while playing as a cop? 

The only way you can lose money is if you're constantly buying/pulling armor and rolling around in 3 orcas. 

Just now, epTic said:

how the fuck do you lose money while playing as a cop? 

The only way you can lose money is if you're constantly buying/pulling armor and rolling around in 3 orcas. 

I do for ever PB or bank, when I see an iFrit, Orcas for PB or Banks, when I'm on Warrant (extremly rare) and maybe I do RP and pardon people too much, maybe.

1 minute ago, Mike Santamaria said:

I do for ever PB or bank, when I see an iFrit, Orcas for PB or Banks, when I'm on Warrant (extremly rare) and maybe I do RP and pardon people too much, maybe.

ah okay, just inefficient with your cash lol 

i pardon over 75% of the people I run into and still manage to make cash...pulling out orcas in their current state is just stupid given how penetrable they are for both sides. 

at least with a hunter, you have a chance of getting it back...get an orca shot down and it's gone forever. 

Edited by epTic
Mike Stmria likes this
2 hours ago, HotWings said:

Hell no, if anything it needs to be raised.  Medics use the cheap ass choppers to either purposely crash into shit or learn to fly.  Neither of which are the intended purpose.

I don't want to make the helicopter cheaper. In fact I want to make it more expensive upfront.  I just want the garage fee to pull it out to be much much cheaper. 

3 hours ago, epTic said:

pulling out orcas in their current state is just stupid given how penetrable they are for both sides. 

Not sure which faction you play more, but what's the point of playing something if you have all the advantage it's not fun at least for me. I prefer the adrenaline and the fact that my abilities piloting are push to the limit when trying to hot drop this days due to the whole changes to the helicopters.