Spit it out Paratus/Bamf& Motown

From February 1st 2015, anyone is allowed to monetize their Arma 3 server in the following way as long as they're registered, approved and listed onhttps://www.bistudio.com/monetization/approved/arma3:

• Charging players to access your server, if the fees and associated perks do not affect gameplay in any way, is allowed. Cosmetic perks are allowed. Limiting access to only paying players is allowed.
  • Product placement, in-game advertising and sponsorship is allowed.
  • Selling of in-game items, that don’t affect gameplay, is allowed.
  • Accepting donations is allowed, but to avoid any doubts: not providing donations must not prevent anyone from accessing the content.

It sounds like we can do most of the stuff we do but its still in violation for some reason. 

This site offers this kind of rewards for example 

34ca9316e0.jpg

How about people being able to buy billboards in game to advertise for governor or their gang for example?

Duffy49, Reavantos, Olivia and 1 other like this
16 hours ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

They're largely shooting themselves in the foot.  I know many players who joined Arma because of Asylum/other Altis life servers because they watched a streamer play on said server.  I'd be willing to bet most people who buy Arma are not interested in the milsim portion of the game, just the servers...which BI will end up killing and the game will be dead.

ya cause all them big streamers on asylum like mmmm 

Pretty sure they are on project life now, last time I checked well Timmac was anyway. Your point is invalid, no one streams asylum only the community, reason being the rp fell so hard. no one wants to watch cartel fights over and over its not entertaining. rp is entertaining. I explained this the other day in ts what we have is batman vs superman, ya sit in cinema get your popcorn ready and waiting for a story. ya go through the trailers (omg the new warcraft trailer wowowowowo) then movie starts and superman snaps batman neck end of movie. Fact is a lot of us came to this sever cause we watched timmac lirik or proguns even the cheif. We came cause we lauged at the rp not the time lirik shot ten ppl at drug and said ya fuck u ur shit fuck the apd all money hungry 

Edited by Kingsize2222
i ate a snail
Olivia likes this
18 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Donations cannot be the only way to achieve access to content in-game. Period. Bohemia has made that point abundantly clear; especially given Donor Town was the cause of this morning's issues.

A solution I'd recommend is that they can setup basically a microtransaction-esque system using something like Points earned through gameplay (100,000 Points to buy a Mohawk - which can be bought at a $1:1000 Point Ratio, or earned in-game over (x) period of time). People can earn enough points to access content, or buy points through donations to unlock that content instantly. Not sure how well BI would take that system though.

Believe me; Paratus is... less than pleased... with how things have been handled thusfar. I ask for your patience while they sort things out.

I had a passing thought that it might be donor town, but didn't think they would be THAT petty. You folks have a uphill battle with this one. That being said, The points system has it merits. People will argue that its pay to win but...... it's not THAT bad. (Eve essentially does the same thing with "Plex") Also this type of monetization has been successful for Arma servers in the past.  Along with "loadouts" (spawning with certain items / clothing as a perk.)

Edited by Reavantos
25 minutes ago, Kingsize2222 said:

Pretty sure they are on project life now, last time I checked well Timmac was anyway. Your point is invalid, no one streams asylum only the community, reason being the rp fell so hard. no one wants to watch cartel fights over and over its not entertaining. rp is entertaining. I explained this the other day in ts what we have is batman vs superman, ya sit in cinema get your popcorn ready and waiting for a story. ya go through the trailers (omg the new warcraft trailer wowowowowo) then movie starts and superman snaps batman neck end of movie. Fact is a lot of us came to this sever cause we watched timmac lirik or proguns even the cheif. We came cause we lauged at the rp not the time lirik shot ten ppl at drug and said ya fuck u ur shit fuck the apd all money hungry 

Normal Difficulty does, he can be a asshole but he is still a decent sized streamer. (1.2m twitch subs)

Also RIP English language...

Micheal schmeichel likes this
16 minutes ago, Reavantos said:

Normal Difficulty does, he can be a asshole but he is still a decent sized streamer. (1.2m twitch subs)

Also RIP English language...

I bad am I English yes. Sorry man Im bad at grammar and all that jazz. Thank you thou for reading it 

You know what I mean thou. I respect you being the devils advocate your right to do so and have made a very good counter point but there is a decline in rp light rp server or not.

Reavantos likes this
2 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Haven't seen Bamf/Motown or Paratus say a word regarding this situation. :\

Motown doesn't do Asylum stuff.

Paratus has other concerns after he fixed whatever made BI mad.

Bamf is busy Devving (he's working on designing some pretty cool stuff actually)

5 hours ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

How about people being able to buy billboards in game to advertise for governor or their gang for example?

I LOVE this idea!  Hell, I could see myself donating around $3-5 (USD) to post a billboard on one server for a week.  Everyone has different price points, but hey that's mine.

12 hours ago, Micheal schmeichel said:

All I can say, since I mostly agree with everything you said.  "Joined" not joining.  But mainly the point was how  most people who play Arma are not here for a military simulator or a somewhat realistic military experience, that doesn't attract many people.  Arma 2 wasn't that well known until Dayz came around.

Micheal schmeichel likes this
On 5/12/2016 at 5:44 AM, Micheal schmeichel said:

Lirik had shit RP on Asylum, take all the rules and throw em out the window when he was playing. 

Very few other "big streamers" played Asylum for more than a day. Summit played for like 4 hours and that was that. 

Guess what? Most streamers left A3L too because it's boring a fuck. 

Edited by epTic
jesus christ i should not spell when i first wake up
Patrick likes this
1 hour ago, epTic said:

Lirik had shit RP on Asylum, take all the rules and throw em out the window when he was playing. 

Very few other "big streamers" played Asylum for more than a day. Summit played for like 4 hours and that was that. 

do a poll ass the ppl here did they learn of asylum from streamers or an other source 

2 hours ago, epTic said:

I miss it though :(