Currently as it is, bounty hunters must manually be charged with "abuse of a bounty hunter weapon". I think bountyhunters should get a charge added for shooting somebody that is not on active agression, or a police officer. I think this would solve majority of the problems people have with BH's getting away scott free.

5 minutes ago, KevinOB said:

What if they are trying to capture their bounty and that bounty has friends with guns and they shoot them first after initiation?

Also it would just be another weird script on top of the other hundreds.

What happens when a rebel has to defend themselves and shoot somebody ? they get charged 

10 hours ago, CrossFade said:

do the apd get charged for lethaling people? BH's are just like the APD but as civ and less rules etc etc.

Bounty hunters arent like the apd they are regular civs who go and hunt bounties ,when civs shoot somebody they should get charged.

Edited by Teddy
15 hours ago, Sparklez said:

Thing that you have to consider. With the new update, if Im not mistaken if you have the talent, bounty hunters may turn in anyone with a bounty, even if its not their selected bounty. So it would be kinda hard to differ from that perk and just downing anyone.

No. No that's not the case at all. 

16 hours ago, KevinOB said:

What if they are trying to capture their bounty and that bounty has friends with guns and they shoot them first after initiation?

Also it would just be another weird script on top of the other hundreds.

People get manslaughter charges in self defense all the time, I think with the new update and Bounty Hunting becoming relevant I think there should be a stacked charge for them shooting officers or civs. "Assault with a non-lethal weapon" This is why I also said the charge shouldn't apply to somebody in the agro system. 

16 hours ago, Murmurs said:

Kevin is right. There are instances where bh have to defend themselves. Would suck to go str8 to jail for defending yourself against RPD checkpoints

Abuse of BH weapon isn't a straight to jail anymore, This is why I'm saying this could be a good idea to stop people from using BH weapons like regular lethal weapons but with half the fines. 

BioHazard likes this
1 hour ago, Legit said:

People get manslaughter charges in self defense all the time, I think with the new update and Bounty Hunting becoming relevant I think there should be a stacked charge for them shooting officers or civs. "Assault with a non-lethal weapon" This is why I also said the charge shouldn't apply to somebody in the agro system. 

Abuse of BH weapon isn't a straight to jail anymore, This is why I'm saying this could be a good idea to stop people from using BH weapons like regular lethal weapons but with half the fines. 

+1, I agree with all of what you've said. 

I would also like to add onto this, As of right now people with manslaughter charges can get their weapon and licence seized. In order to seize a bounty hunters weapon and licence we have to witness them commit the crime, making it very hard to deduce a situation when people claim they downed them due to "Stealing their bounty".