Rules regarding violence towards EMS

Relatively new here, so im not entierly sure where to put this. Hopefully this is the right place. 

Are there rules in place regarding civilian actions towards EMS? I have read the rules both on the server briefing and the forums and found nothing.

I have taken the time to play as EMS as a service to the gameplay on the server. It is most certainly not about making money, when helicopters are 5k and I get paid in peanuts. So understand that this is damn near volunteer.

In my last 2 days of playing on Asylum, I have been killed 3 time intentionally by civilians. I have had my heli shot down leaving me stranded in the water. I have had my vehicle stolen countless times. I have been robbed and generally fucked while trying to benefit the fluidity of the roleplay on Asylum and protecting life.

To my knowledge in life server experience, EMS are to be a neutral force that are not to be threatened or harmed by civilians, but it seems that this is not the case here in Asylum. My request here is that rules are set in place regarding hostility to EMS and their place in the world.

-Sam

I'm assuming that you normally play in Kavala, as most medics do. 

1. If someone says don't revive said person, DO NOT revive that person. Easiest rule to follow. 

2. Keep your car locked. If you leave your car unlocked, then you shouldn't be complaining about getting your car stolen.

2a. If you keep your car locked, then attempt to keep an eye on it at all times. You cant lose what you see. 

3. Try to avoid cartels. rebel bases and other illegal areas in a heli, normally there are fights going out at cartels and rebel and its usually gang members reviving each other. So there's no use in flying all the way out there. Since it's a shoot on sight area, you're gonna be shot at. 

*if you think you got RDM'd submit a report, and get the fuck banned. 

Edited by xFurnish
Sergio, Cassettes and powerwolf like this
2 hours ago, Sam - UO said:

Relatively new here, so im not entierly sure where to put this. Hopefully this is the right place. 

Are there rules in place regarding civilian actions towards EMS? I have read the rules both on the server briefing and the forums and found nothing.

I have taken the time to play as EMS as a service to the gameplay on the server. It is most certainly not about making money, when helicopters are 5k and I get paid in peanuts. So understand that this is damn near volunteer.

In my last 2 days of playing on Asylum, I have been killed 3 time intentionally by civilians. I have had my heli shot down leaving me stranded in the water. I have had my vehicle stolen countless times. I have been robbed and generally fucked while trying to benefit the fluidity of the roleplay on Asylum and protecting life.

To my knowledge in life server experience, EMS are to be a neutral force that are not to be threatened or harmed by civilians, but it seems that this is not the case here in Asylum. My request here is that rules are set in place regarding hostility to EMS and their place in the world.

-Sam

I think you might be the medic that showed up at the huge bank robbery yesterday in the heli and got shot down. If that was you I dont see reason for frustration because you forced the hand there. If you want to help police as you should when robbery is active land behind police lines dont try to land in the middle of first ATM and BANK.

2 hours ago, xFurnish said:

2a. If you keep your car locked, then attempt to keep an eye on it at all times. You cant lose what you see. 

The amount of cars I have seen or personally stolen right next to the owner by claiming to repair it or hiding behind it contests to that statement.

Hey I remember you! Well Sam I should inform you that MANY gangs have used "pocket medics" to help their group get more of an edge in combat or to further troll civilians and APD. To put it nicely, medics on Asylum have a terrible reputation along with Bounty Hunters. On top of the fact it doesn't pay well EMS has unfortunately been a role for many trolls and the ill-advised to wreck havoc in Altis. So because the reason being that ANYONE can play these roles you usually get idiots who make the rest of the bunch look bad with their crap. 

Does it need improvement? Sure, it could use some tweaking. Furnish is spot-on with his list, 90% of the issues of playing medic is avoiding conflict and avoiding being vulnerable to crime. Maybe it people like you Sam that need to spear head a new system of EMS etiquette. 

Sincerely,

The cop that was "enjoying the view" ;)

Edited by Cobra
Sergio likes this
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2016 at 8:48 AM, Cobra said:

Hey I remember you! Well Sam I should inform you that MANY gangs have used "pocket medics" to help their group get more of an edge in combat or to further troll civilians and APD. To put it nicely, medics on Asylum have a terrible reputation along with Bounty Hunters. On top of the fact it doesn't pay well EMS has unfortunately been a role for many trolls and the ill-advised to wreck havoc in Altis. So because the reason being that ANYONE can play these roles you usually get idiots who make the rest of the bunch look bad with their crap. 

Does it need improvement? Sure, it could use some tweaking. Furnish is spot-on with his list, 90% of the issues of playing medic is avoiding conflict and avoiding being vulnerable to crime. Maybe it people like you Sam that need to spear head a new system of EMS etiquette. 

Sincerely,

The cop that was "enjoying the view" ;)

Sorry for the late response everyone.

As of the last update with better EMS pay, among a few other things it has become significantly more pleasant to play as EMS and the server as a whole. RDM is still a thing but that isnt news to anyone, and unavoidable on a public server. I appreciate everyone's input and understand now what transpired on Altis and Asylum as a whole. 

The best of life to all of you!

Sam