I can't believe I'm even suggesting this but it would be such a cool idea if it could be implement. Pokemon GO in Asylum... Yeah I said it, and no, I have never played Pokemon GO before but the idea sounds really cool. Pokemon GO has taken the world by storm this past week and while I don't support people driving 20 mph under the speed limit, that's irrelevant. So my question is, is there a way to make a similar app in Asylum that has the same premise as Pokemon GO. While it can't be actually Pokemon because Asylum would be sued faster than jack rabbits can fuck one another. But that's not the point, I think a little app like this would be pretty could. It could utilize the GPS and have a phone overlay that sits on the corner of the screen. It would be pretty neat seeing people running around looking for something, whether it be items or mystical Altis creatures. Hell, it sounds goofy but it would be pretty neat. It doesn't have to be as complex because honestly, it sounds like it would be extremely difficult to code, but I could imagine the developers taking a shot at this, especially given the challenge and the popularity that Pokemon GO has achieved. What do you fellas think?

Wouldn't it be easier to just implement regular Pokemon?  By that I mean, rather than a phone app where you have to look through the camera, just put the Pokemon straight into Altis?  If I had to pick I'd prefer the former, but in a development sense it might be easier.

But as much as I love Pokemon and Pokemon Go, I just don't think it would really add anything to Altis.  It'd be buggy, I already have enough grinding to do in normal Pokemon Go and I just don't feel like it would fit in with the other elements that make Asylum special.

Vash and Dr. TickleButts like this
2 minutes ago, Olivia said:

Wouldn't it be easier to just implement regular Pokemon?  By that I mean, rather than a phone app where you have to look through the camera, just put the Pokemon straight into Altis?  If I had to pick I'd prefer the former, but in a development sense it might be easier.

But as much as I love Pokemon and Pokemon Go, I just don't think it would really add anything to Altis.  It'd be buggy, I already have enough grinding to do in normal Pokemon Go and I just don't feel like it would fit in with the other elements that make Asylum special.

So kind of like an overlay that can be accessed through the phone? So if you're at the bank, you're not going to see a Charmander waddling through the gun fight... Have the ability to turn it on and off

6 minutes ago, Vash said:

More scripts = Less Performance = More Bugs = Unnecessary work for the devs :frog:

Also I don't think you can get pokemon into the game without requiring the 3D models and animations to be downloaded client side, making Asylum a true Arma 3 mod. :P  Unless they used the Vanilla NPC models and just gave them the names of the Pokemon, hahaha that'd be pretty funny.

Vash likes this
7 minutes ago, Olivia said:

Also I don't think you can get pokemon into the game without requiring the 3D models and animations to be downloaded client side, making Asylum a true Arma 3 mod. :P  Unless they used the Vanilla NPC models and just gave them the names of the Pokemon, hahaha that'd be pretty funny.

Given NPCs the names of the developers/admins, the Bamf one would be the rarest... OMG I'm cracking myself up right now...

Edited by Patrick James
46 minutes ago, Olivia said:

You actually can put custom models into the mission file using the new createSimpleObject command so this could totally be done.

also fun fact about Pokemon go. Did you all know that their terms of service give them unlimited access to your google account aka. Read and write your emails, delete your Google docs ect.

Edited by Treeherder
16 minutes ago, Treeherder said:

also fun fact about Pokemon go. Did you all know that their terms of service give them unlimited access to your google account aka. Read and write your emails, delete your Google docs ect.

That was a bug. Since you can log in with Google it needs Google account permissions and not the rest. It's fixed now and Google confirmed they didn't touch any of the other data.

Olivia likes this