1070 vs 1080 what to buy ????

BabyAstro

So i just Decided to upgrade to one of the two New Graphic Cards Which should i get and does any one have either?? If u do have either  are settings at ultra and wat are ur frames like plz guys would like as much help as possible....

Fyi i realize 1080 is better just wondering is it worth the extra 200$$ cause 1070 is 449 1080 is 669 or something like that hmu with ur Opinions  

1 minute ago, Hypo said:

It is not worth it if are going to play on 1080p. Arma is CPU based. Get the 1070 if you want to save money or even the 1060 would be a tip-top choice. Save that extra money for a better CPU.

Common man, better cpu? Not worth it. But GPU, probably he has an old one and now he can get 1080. So why not get 1080 if you can

If you trying to pull more frames on Arma 3, then it's purely a matter of what cpu you have since it's a cpu intensive game. Since you have a 4770k you should be getting nice frames. Since I'm assuming you are playing other games, then grab the 1070 as it's price/performance ratio is unbeatable. That card will easily pull 60+ frames on 1080p. With the $200 you save, you can always put that towards adding in another 1070 later on if you need to pull more frames.

Edited by Noble

if you playing at 1080p the 1070 is overkill (its better than a 980 ti) and will do well even at 1440p 1080 is great and future proof. but that also comes at a higher pricetag

and yes arma is as much cpu focused as gpu. But, a i7 is still overkill for most gaming applications. a 4690k i5 would be more than enough. ( i have a 2600k 780ti system that does just as well in a3 on asylum as my main with a 4690k and a 970 GTX SSC)