evga supernova 1000 G2
ASROCK z170 OC Formula
i7-6700k
zotac 1080 GTX
32GB DDR4 RAM
2 samsung SSDs - 1TB each
Asus ROG Swift 2k monitor
watercooled 

Even with a high end rig like that I still get 30-40 frames in Kavala (80+ outside of kavala) despite having some graphical settings on standard. Arma 3 is absolute shit when it comes to optimization. If I play on 2k or on 1080p my frames stay the exact same...with all other games I can run them on their highest with little to no fps hit. 

Case: Corsair series Air 540

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K (Overclocked to 3.6 Ghz)

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hyrdro Series H100i

Graphics Card: MSI GAMING GeForce GTX 1080

Power Supply: Corsair AX760

RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB (2x8GB)

Storage: 2 Samsung 750 Evo (250GB)

2pecc3c.jpg

I run Arma 3 at about 60 Fps.

Edited by Maric

Arma likes intel cpus and Nvidia Gfx cards.  Keep that in mind if your building a pc for this game.

as for my setup:

i7 3770k oc to 4.2

evga Gtx 970 SSC

16gb corsair vengeance ddr3

stays a pretty steady 60fps.  Maybe get a few small drops in cities if server is busy.

Edited by 2legit

I'm actually going to sell my current gaming PC when it comes back from servicing (it's still under warranty). So basically I should expect maybe at least $800 or $900 if I sell it whole. Idk. Anyways...the completely new build that I am going to get is..

NZXT Phantom Full Tower Case

MSI Gaming z170a M5 LGA 1151 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s

EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 Gaming (Equivalent to or greater than the GTX 970)

Intel Core i7-6700k

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA 3 (SSD)

Corsair Vengeance 16gb (2x8Gb) DDR3

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

EVGA Supernova 650W G2 80+gold

Note:

The case that I listed does come with great fans, so there is no need for me to buy more. 

This is all within my budget, yet it is a fantastic build and it will perform amazingly. Obviously for Arma 3..I don't need to explain, we all know.

These parts are all on Newegg. Cost is exactly $1,273.97 (Including shipping in the cost). With instant rebate your new cost would be exactly $1,178.97 (You save $95 with instant rebate). 

Keep in mind that this is my build that I will order hopefully very soon (when the GTX card comes back into stock) and that everything depends on what your budget is and what your preferences are. 

7 hours ago, Deputy Justin said:

I'm actually going to sell my current gaming PC when it comes back from servicing (it's still under warranty). So basically I should expect maybe at least $800 or $900 if I sell it whole. Idk. Anyways...the completely new build that I am going to get is..

NZXT Phantom Full Tower Case

MSI Gaming z170a M5 LGA 1151 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s

EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 Gaming (Equivalent to or greater than the GTX 970)

Intel Core i7-6700k

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA 3 (SSD)

Corsair Vengeance 16gb (2x8Gb) DDR3

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

EVGA Supernova 650W G2 80+gold

Note:

The case that I listed does come with great fans, so there is no need for me to buy more. 

This is all within my budget, yet it is a fantastic build and it will perform amazingly. Obviously for Arma 3..I don't need to explain, we all know.

These parts are all on Newegg. Cost is exactly $1,273.97 (Including shipping in the cost). With instant rebate your new cost would be exactly $1,178.97 (You save $95 with instant rebate). 

Keep in mind that this is my build that I will order hopefully very soon (when the GTX card comes back into stock) and that everything depends on what your budget is and what your preferences are. 

Get atleast a 1070... 1060 is not that good..