Make Under Cover Cop Better

I don't know if the coding side is difficult or not. But i would like to see a really efficient undercover cop slot, where you can be charged with crimes, handcuffed and take part in certain activities. I know it sounds like it would be taken advantage of, but i really think the slot could do some good with role playing. If there are reasons behind the current option limitations let me know?

Thanks

-SD

What I`m getting out of your suggestion is you want cops to be able to get bounties? As an APD officer I would see no benefits to that what so ever. Being handcuffed as in kidnapping? Can't that already be done with zip ties? And undercover cops already do their job by pretending to do illegal activities by riding around in civ vehicles around illegal areas. As someone who only play civ I feel as undercovers are already a pain in the ass as is. But my opinion is bias as I have never played cop.

The thing here is, what do you really want to do as undercover? 

• If you want to scam experienced players that's not going to happen no matter what, if you show to a red zone were a experienced player is you are gonna get into a gun fight, they (we) are not going to take the risk.

• If you want to really bus people running drugs, get a box truck, zamack, hemmet or anythign along those lines, and keep changing your name as often as you can, follow the people, or faint picking drugs
  • NEVER USE THE MXM 
  • If you want to catch people in towns, keep changing your name and roll like a fresh spawn holding only your Po7
  • Want to mess with the cops to keep your cover? Shoot at them but risk the consequences, run, down the guys shooting the cops and your job is done.

I don't really see why it would need an improvement as the community is very skilled and even if they make you invisible they will sense you. 

Other than that the only thing I will like to see added for UC is an Apex 6.5 weapon, a Jeep, the airplane maybe, and a hand weapon other than a PO7, maybe a rook so you can blend, but it will be a lethal only weapon so Captains will need to make a policy regarding UC lethals and that's to much work so I don't see that happening. 

:D

20 hours ago, Mike Santamaria said:

The thing here is, what do you really want to do as undercover? 

• If you want to scam experienced players that's not going to happen no matter what, if you show to a red zone were a experienced player is you are gonna get into a gun fight, they (we) are not going to take the risk.

• If you want to really bus people running drugs, get a box truck, zamack, hemmet or anythign along those lines, and keep changing your name as often as you can, follow the people, or faint picking drugs
  • NEVER USE THE MXM 
  • If you want to catch people in towns, keep changing your name and roll like a fresh spawn holding only your Po7
  • Want to mess with the cops to keep your cover? Shoot at them but risk the consequences, run, down the guys shooting the cops and your job is done.

I don't really see why it would need an improvement as the community is very skilled and even if they make you invisible they will sense you. 

Other than that the only thing I will like to see added for UC is an Apex 6.5 weapon, a Jeep, the airplane maybe, and a hand weapon other than a PO7, maybe a rook so you can blend, but it will be a lethal only weapon so Captains will need to make a policy regarding UC lethals and that's to much work so I don't see that happening. 

:D

+1

Nobody is saying that they want UC to be able to fool experienced players, a fucking 12 year old with two weeks play time can figure it out anyways...

But - my question is: Is it possible to script it to allow the UC to change their displayed name in game? While the in-game player list would show what I connected as, everyone else would see a custom name that can be changed periodically without having to fully reconnect. @Gnashes @bamf

And while we are at it... the warrant slot...

You have a warrant for someone, down and restrain them and they combat log. When they log back and and end up in jail you have to softlog because they are still an active warrant.

And that's not to mention how much of a pain in the ass the warrant slot is! Being only able to pull one at a time and having to go back to the HQ to grab a new one is a gigantic nuisance. The current process is 82% (internet derivative) ineffective and makes it very undesirable.

So, nobody really likes warrant very much, the drug slot is unavailable, undercover is basically for the cops who want to wear better gear... and in the end we have three truely useful slots and that is Medic. 

30+ cops wanting to use the same three slots... BOHICA. 

Vhantom likes this
13 hours ago, Dredd said:

Nobody is saying that they want UC to be able to fool experienced players, a fucking 12 year old with two weeks play time can figure it out anyways...

But - my question is: Is it possible to script it to allow the UC to change their displayed name in game? While the in-game player list would show what I connected as, everyone else would see a custom name that can be changed periodically without having to fully reconnect. @Gnashes @bamf

And while we are at it... the warrant slot...

You have a warrant for someone, down and restrain them and they combat log. When they log back and and end up in jail you have to softlog because they are still an active warrant.

And that's not to mention how much of a pain in the ass the warrant slot is! Being only able to pull one at a time and having to go back to the HQ to grab a new one is a gigantic nuisance. The current process is 82% (internet derivative) ineffective and makes it very undesirable.

So, nobody really likes warrant very much, the drug slot is unavailable, undercover is basically for the cops who want to wear better gear... and in the end we have three truely useful slots and that is Medic. 

30+ cops wanting to use the same three slots... BOHICA. 

If warrant could track more than one criminal at once, it would definitely be used alot more.

Vhantom and Mike Stmria like this