Pc not booting up correctly

FudgeR

So yesterday and today I'm having this problem where if I turn the power of my pc on, the led's and keyboard and mouse and everything lights up, but there is no display on the monitor. It happened in the past and I just had to turn it off and on a couple of times but now it is not working . Does anyone know anything about this? And I'm 200% sure it'a not the hdmi

Edited by Mr. Fudger

Sure it's not the monitor.

i've looked around and some people say it's the psu not giving enough power or something.. it's also A lot quieter when it boots like this

Just now, Gnashes said:

Issue with the monitor?

Have you tried plugging in another source?

Have you tried plugging your PC into another monitor?

Have you tried testing Mobo outputs?

Is the GPU fan spinning?

etc, al.

1 minute ago, Gnashes said:

From this extremely vague description of symptoms; sounds like your GPU is either dead/dying; or your PSU is throttling the shit out of your system and not letting your GPU actually power up.

Have you at least opened the case and checked the connections from the PSU?

ummmmm it finally worked now after at least 50 times of restarting it but it might not work later. And I tryied opening it but the thing is I am a really noob with pc's so I don't know where to start if I wanted to move shit around in there

8 minutes ago, Mr. Fudger said:

ummmmm it finally worked now after at least 50 times of restarting it but it might not work later. And I tryied opening it but the thing is I am a really noob with pc's so I don't know where to start if I wanted to move shit around in there

If you wanna find the source of the problem you usually switch out variables.

If the computer starts up, you hear a beep and the fan starts spinning, leds light up but you have no display?

Sounds like the problem would either be:

• Power on/off on monitor
  • Power/video cable maybe half plugged in at either side
  • Power/video cable broken
  • Monitor broken

So if you try switching the cables if this problem occurs you atleast know either thats the problem or not.

Is the monitor maybe not working, try it on another PC if possible.

Or just work through this:

video.gif

45 minutes ago, Tusken Raider said:

is your graphics card updated?

52 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

If you wanna find the source of the problem you usually switch out variables.

If the computer starts up, you hear a beep and the fan starts spinning, leds light up but you have no display?

Sounds like the problem would either be:

• Power on/off on monitor
  • Power/video cable maybe half plugged in at either side
  • Power/video cable broken
  • Monitor broken

So if you try switching the cables if this problem occurs you atleast know either thats the problem or not.

Is the monitor maybe not working, try it on another PC if possible.

Or just work through this:

video.gif

1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

From this extremely vague description of symptoms; sounds like your GPU is either dead/dying; or your PSU is throttling the shit out of your system and not letting your GPU actually power up.

Have you at least opened the case and checked the connections from the PSU?

thanks for answering and helping me out but turns out (at least from what i see now) it was the plug for the power:)

i had the same problem like a day ago. what you want to do is look up the correct places the led/power/reset pins would go on your motherboard. or if you have an adapter that connects on your motherboard that should have came with it. you must have been messing around with it and put them back wrong. or something else on your pc is in the wrong spot but im like 90% sure its the led/power/reset pins