Checkpoint Paychecks

A recent change to checkpoints make the paycheck go from $1,500 to $300 every 5 minutes when inside a checkpoint as a officer. This has removed some of the incentives/trade-off to running these.

A couple days ago I build a checkpoint at the 3 way intersection near air hq where the road breaks off to Athira. Hardly anyone came by and for the people that did come through no one had drugs or were barely wanted. This was on a full server also. Imagine doing a checkpoint, like lakka or paros, where civs doing illegal things avoid checkpoints already. Makes it almost pointless to do those checkpoints.

Some explanation to why it was changed or if you would change it back would be nice. @Gnashes

BishopActual likes this
Just now, Dredge said:

To force APD to patrol? Instead of sitting at a checkpoint doing nothing for an hour and making stupid amounts of money? 

Were people just sitting at checkpoints doing nothing? I still thought it was low at $1,500 because patrolling still payed better. You would make 18k an hour at a checkpoint. People AFK at checkpoint is very different from people running checkpoints. Is 18k an hour really stupid amounts of money for someone running a checkpoint?

BishopActual and DreamC like this
41 minutes ago, AegonTargaryenTv said:

Is it really a stupid amount of money ? How much is it 18 000 per 1 hour. You can make much more in less if u patrol 

The thing is, you have to patrol to do that. Players would just AFK in checkpoints. Or stand there and collect money. Not doing what APD should be doing. 

14 hours ago, Dredge said:

People would sit at a check point and do nothing. They would just earn crazy money and not do any real RP or police work. These people are why we cant have nice things. 

^ Getting the 18k an hour plus all the money you get from other cops doing work seems pretty OP. The pay system as is, is honestly unfair to the cops who are out doing tons of work.  Just for instance Nugs, Rodrigo, and myself made a huge bust at heroin last night seizing 3 box trucks and one truck full of drugs, yet had to share that work and effort from the firefight and all that with the other cops sitting in Kavala Square (not discounting their work) and some guys just driving around the roadways.  

Rodrigo likes this
1 hour ago, HotWings said:

^ Getting the 18k an hour plus all the money you get from other cops doing work seems pretty OP. The pay system as is, is honestly unfair to the cops who are out doing tons of work.  Just for instance Nugs, Rodrigo, and myself made a huge bust at heroin last night seizing 3 box trucks and one truck full of drugs, yet had to share that work and effort from the firefight and all that with the other cops sitting in Kavala Square (not discounting their work) and some guys just driving around the roadways.  

Having texted you all for an hour straight last night to come to Kavala to talk about my self defense murder charges and stop a couple mass murdering RDM'ers I can assure you at the time you speak of there wasn't a single APD anywhere near Kavala for at least an hour and a half. Glad you captured the meth runners though and seized about 95k+ worth of meth, that really saved us.

Edited by Furnie Mack