Rahim Damage

I have been using the Rahim lately as I like the feel of it for long range engagements. But i've had a few experiences with it that feels like it doesn't do as much damage as the 20 round 7.62x51 weapons, even though the Rahim fires a larger 7.62x54R round. Not sure if this is intentional or not but there's been numerous times i've hit a guy 4 times without killing him.

Here's a comparison of the 2 rounds

ek1vKTr.jpg

and here's a video of me shooting a guy 4 times without killing him until the 5th shot (sorry Denial)

http://plays.tv/s/KdfmxV5Q0CTL

While you may be shooting a larger round, it is going to have a slower velocity. And if you're against armored targets, you want small and fast, which is what 7.62X51 is. 

Rahim has 830 Muzzle Velocity 

Mk18 and Mk1 have muzzle velocity of 940

9c3054facc3d28ea0a47b045d60aa91c.png

Edited by Axe
Sergio likes this
50 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Cartridge size is not the only thing you take into account when it comes to bullet damage.  The 51 is normally a larger bullet weight v the 54.  Then you take into account bullet velocity and such...  Youre looking at bullet damage entirely to simply lol. 

7 minutes ago, Axe said:

While you may be shooting a larger round, it is going to have a slower velocity. And if you're against armored targets, you want small and fast, which is what 7.62X51 is. 

Rahim has 830 Muzzle Velocity 

Mk18 and Mk1 have muzzle velocity of 940

9c3054facc3d28ea0a47b045d60aa91c.png

ok well that kind of makes sense then if they don't factor in range (that was a 50m engagement, small difference in velocity should not matter). . Arma logic. Typically in reality (which is what arma usually TRIES to simulate) x51 and x54R marksman rifles have very similar muzzle velocity, within 20m/s....a whole 110m/s difference though arma? really?

Edited by Laitka
46 minutes ago, HotWings said:

There actually is a huge difference in muzzle velocity. The cartridges are different sizes which results in more/less powder and more/less pressure. Muzzle length has a part in it as well.

as shown here that's not true. 7.62x54R also has higher kinetic energy, which is the biggest deciding factor in the damage a bullet does.

7.62x54R

39085f3ef8c11a3e483ba354f9987ca1.png

7.62x51 NATO

45b50c3c3107428a408d014ebef85cdf.png

Edited by Laitka