More Money From Drugs? Or something....

Hey guys! From my experience as Civilian and Cop, as well as other players, the amount of drug running has been quiet. 

This gives cops less to do and the time invested for civilians isn't worth the income. 

I know this has been suggested before but I would like to read some updated responses from the community.

Increase the payout of drugs would probably increase the production of running drugs.

Another option - Give the player all of the drugs if they go into the perk 100% Profit.

Give the cartels less and the player more?

Any other suggestions are welcomed.

I ask you all to please keep it civil and don't instant rage at me or I'll request for this thread to be closed.

I think finding ways to improve some of the main parts of the game will increase the global activity which will bring more entertainment to the players. 

Edited by Deathslug
Bersabee and Das Otter like this

I agree with a change in locations. That is a good idea!

Maybe keep the locations and add 1 more for each drug?

Like - Tropical Blue Kush Fields -Bigger payout than just Weed

Do the same for Heroine / Cocaine

This can possibly be a zone for some of yo hard core killerz who are down to camp and shit?

Just another fantasy that probably won't happen!

Edited by Deathslug
36 minutes ago, Deathslug said:

Hey guys! From my experience as Civilian and Cop, as well as other players, the amount of drug running has been quiet. 

This gives cops less to do and the time invested for civilians isn't worth the income. 

I know this has been suggested before but I would like to read some updated responses from the community.

Increase the payout of drugs would probably increase the production of running drugs.

Another option - Give the player all of the drugs if they go into the perk 100% Profit.

Give the cartels less and the player more?

Any other suggestions are welcomed.

I ask you all to please keep it civil and don't instant rage at me or I'll request for this thread to be closed.

I think finding ways to improve some of the main parts of the game will increase the global activity which will bring more entertainment to the players. 

Drugs are not being run as much because people make their money playing cop and pay for their rebel loadouts that way. Close APD apps or limit cops per server and drug running will increase again.

Mike Stmria and Deathslug like this
6 minutes ago, Deathslug said:

I agree with you Vanilla Coke. Excavating was my main way for money as well!

A lot of officers do speak about the scarcity of drug trafficking and maybe some day it'll pick up speed!

murmur that is reasonable. Perhaps within the next few months?

It won't happen, because playing APD is part of the server's lifeblood. Removing the ability for anyone to apply and become a cop will make the recruiting process even more political than it is, and we don't need that.  However, the 20+ cops on majority of the time is becoming problematic. I see gang affiliates run cop awhile to make easy money while still getting to fight (which is what we all enjoy) Then hopping on civ to go Yolo rebel style. Money runs low, rinse and repeat.  You will never see gang drug runs so long as this remains the meta

I think drugs should be left alone, but maybe they should add new legal ways of making money. The whole north side of the map is basically empty and has plenty of space for an addition. 

Some Ideas

Fix Hunting and expand it throughout the whole north side of the map. Some animals legal to hunt, some illegal. If found with animal meat and no hunting license you are subject to search seizure / charging?

Ability to mass produce market items. ex. 4 x Redgull = 1 Sugar? 1 Water    Sells at full market price

Ability to make clothing at clothing factory?   ex. Carrier Lite = 4 kevlar, 6 Cloth. Option to sell / keep

Making these items might not affect the number that are on the market, but it would definitely be a cool addition.     

I think cocaine should be increased. 8/10 times I get busted there and it's also harder to escape, hills to snipe from, several entrances, open field for clear shots, HQ is close so if you do kill the cops they will respawn and come over instantly while repairing your car or if you traded and are downed it gives them enough time to get there and resume the chase.

The only problem with that Sugarfoot about the increased legal payouts is that rebels or robbers will camp processing... initiate then kill you and take whatever vehicle you used like a HEMTT. The increased payouts of legal items could increase activity  like that. But I digress. There's no good solution to these problems at the moment.

2 hours ago, Vanilla Coke said:

Camping drugs is scummy and it's for the cops, we'd rather fight cartels fam.

On the topic of increasing payout however, no.

Drugs pay out enough as it is, the risk to reward is not worth it in my opinion however, excavating is the way to go.

wut... if you see someone camping a drug area. record and report that shit. i yell at people if they show up 2 minutes earlier than they should...

But your right wreck is they way to do it. but you need someone to provide over watch on site and at the jewelers etc. 

also, recently i saw weed higher than diamonds on the market. people must be mining the shit out of them.

Its seems to me from the comments that the risk overweight's the reward. All I see is two clear ways of fixing to under-running of drugs.

Option 1- The Risk Factor: Make drugs more valuable and more worth your time. I never run drugs anymore. It isn't worth the risk (except server 5 due to the low number of police personnel). If the prices were higher, it would encourage players to run them. All though there might be the downside of inflation of prices, this would just be temporary.

I believe we will see a correlation in between high drug prices and crime rate. People who tend to run drugs are usually Rebels or civilians looking to buy illegal items after the fact. Raising the prices will make it easier for them to acquire guns - This is a decent idea from what point of view you look at it.

Also, with the raising of prices it will take time for the market to adjust. I dont know how long it would take but I estimate a few weeks at maximum. During that time period there WILL BE INFLATION.

If this is put in place, the jacking of prices cannot be exponential. I would personally suggest a 10% to 25% price raise.

Option 2 - The Time Factor: Time is a huge issue in drug running. If we could lower down the time it would take to collect certain materials it might help stimulate running drugs. Another Idea is  changing the locations of the illegal areas bringing them closer together and further away from police stations.

If we diminished the time factor of running drugs  we WILL encourage people to them (if prices stay the same) - Ex. If it took me 25 minutes to run cocaine instead of 40 and have the same payout + lower risk of running into cops, I think allot more people would do it.

Auto-Gather might also help with this - less chances of going into exposed positions.

BEST OPTION: BRING METH BACK ON SERVER 5 - METH RUNS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!

Please noteThis is what i think will help stimulate drug running on server 1-4. Dont hate, discriminate or judge my ideas. If you have any comments please say so.

I probably missed some shit but who cares anywa

Edited by Brew
Deathslug likes this

I dont think drug money should be changed but the drugs themselfs. 

Cocaine, people that do coke are normally found on server five, i would say change the weight of coke to two from three. Was suggested on the old forums but cant remember who by. :( 

Weed, while i know most of you dont do it newbies do, i would say you get 1-2 from each plant so it is a little quicker

Heroin, probably the least ran drug because, well, its nit good money. I would say, like weed, change the amount of poppies obtained from one plant should be 1-3 like berries. I would also suggest moving the field a bit more north.

These are just my opinion, if you think something would be better please share :) 

Edited by Miss Evo
Deathslug likes this
1 hour ago, Reavantos said:

wut... if you see someone camping a drug area. record and report that shit. i yell at people if they show up 2 minutes earlier than they should...

But your right wreck is they way to do it. but you need someone to provide over watch on site and at the jewelers etc. 

also, recently i saw weed higher than diamonds on the market. people must be mining the shit out of them.

Was a joke about the cops fam, was just saying it's your jobs to catch dirty meth runners.

Reavantos likes this

IMO illegal stuff should be hard work and big pay, for obvious reasons the risk should be high. You don't see a real drug dealer yelling at cops we is selling but he is in a populated area with a low profile. 

I would take the option of a faster procesing, and for some fields a fasther gathering (Heroin or weed), also I could think (don't know if possible) to have a gathering timer on the field.

Ex. 25 guys have runned cocaine, it happens that the have hade gather all te cocaine available and you need to wait 10 min to the gathering field to have cocaine again.

This will increase the market price and also make people to store some cocaine so they can sell it at the best prices (who knwos when it would be a good time) Also this will increase the risk (bro, you are running drugs, don't expect no risk) of being robbed or searched by the APD. At some point the cocaine could be sould at 200, due to over stock and at another point it could be sell at 600 due to lack of stock.

Another option could be a reset timer for drug dealer. We as palyers should not know the time and it could be dinamic, like reset the drug dealer stuff each 5 mins at some hour IRL and could be reset each 2 hours at another point. Don't now, just sharing my point of view for this.

3 hours ago, Lt.Franz said:

The only problem with that Sugarfoot about the increased legal payouts is that rebels or robbers will camp processing... initiate then kill you and take whatever vehicle you used like a HEMTT. The increased payouts of legal items could increase activity  like that. But I digress. There's no good solution to these problems at the moment.

Imagine cops helping civs rather then just worrying about stopping the bad ones. That would bring life back into RP in this server. Thats when cops could start patrolling the legal area's to help out and it would make great relations between the APD and civs. Instead everyone runs drugs and we all become enemys, civs vs civs vs apd . @ Bloodhound on server 4 I have never seen less then 8 cops online at any given time. Most of the time we get on we do a PB against 15 cops to start and by the finish theres 25 cops. Even with a big gang is becoming rough to run anything due to the amount of cops grouping up with infinite gear and lives.

Edited by Sugarfoot

The Less cops online = the less money you make?

The more cops online = the more money you make?

Idk if that is possible to code. I am really stupid. Probably the dumbest person on planet asylum.

Any way, thank you all for your input. Keep it coming!

Would appreciate a reply from a higher up. Maybe a Captain or Admin to give us their reasoning behind this.

I know there is a lot we can do to change up the game in not to dramatic ways to make some areas more active.

Their is always a way to change things for the greater good.

Like bringing back night time!

Edited by Deathslug
Matthew likes this