UC Basic loudout

Currently Under cover cops spawn with a Mk-20 5.56,Police tac vest,backpack, an MRCO that doesint work on Tanoa, a backpack,shirt,Flashbangs,smokes and some mags. I think it would be a lot better to first off fix the scope so that it works on tanoa  and second, give a tac vest that is non police e.g Brown tac vest,black,camo etc. The scope/vest wouldint be a big deal most of the time if you are spawning at an HQ but on Tanoa spawning a Vagalaga doesint give you the option to buy such items and the checkpoint is close to all big areas such as Cocaine pit,Cocaine proccesing etc.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:576&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C1024%3A576&background-color=black

Edited by WilliamS
Just now, WilliamS said:

Yea sure that could work but wouldint it just make more sense to have things like scopes work properly or have vests for Under cover not say Police on them? 

The scope is broken and has been broken since implemented. Maybe spawn with a tac vest in lue of the bandoleer, but no a cop vest is useful.  

Just now, Gnashes said:

There's no reason I can think of that would cause a scope to "not work on Tanoa". Unless of course Arma is being as dumb as it always is.

Tanoa will probably die soon anyway, so there's that.

The scope doesn't work at all on any server without solf logging first. If you try to put it on your weapon from your bag it wont go on.

1 hour ago, WilliamS said:

Yea sure that could work but wouldint it just make more sense to have things like scopes work properly or have vests for Under cover not say Police on them? 

but the backpack covers the police logo and looks like a normal vest.

I think the point of the police hat and vest in the backpack by default is so that an UC officer can decide to reveal that they are actually police and then they are supposed to switch back to a standard patrol outfit.  

I guess to "prove" to the civilian that they are actually an officer?  It's something that's pretty RP but I don't see that often.  There's a trope in movies where an UC cop will reveal their identity, then take off their plainclothes jacket to reveal their cop shirt, display their badge and gun, put their cop hat back on etc...

Silver-Spy likes this
25 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

There's no reason I can think of that would cause a scope to "not work on Tanoa". Unless of course Arma is being as dumb as it always is.

Tanoa will probably die soon anyway, so there's that.

The scope works when you buy it on the gun so say buy MK20 then buy MRCO it forces the scope on. You cannot manually put the MRCO on the MK20 for some odd reason, and it's not only Tanoa pretty sure its broken on Altis too just no one ever uses the default loadout except for the smokes and flashes everything else gets seized anyways.

Edited by Tyler
James Anderson likes this

I see no problem with it, I normaly just use a CL anyway, but sometimes I will just wear my police vest, if Civs ask how I got it, I kidnapped a cadet, stole his uniform, then killed him and dumped his body out at sea.

Worried they will know your a UC cop because you have a police vest ? Can guarantee 80% of people already know because they check the player list.

New players are clueless as to such things, or that we even have UC officers in Asylum, you can just about sell any rp story to them.

MK20 Is a great gun also, I have no problem with it, Cadets, ditch those spar 16s, grab a MK20. Trust me!

If your playing on Tanoa, I suggest you use a MX, MXM.

You would not have a problem gearing up unless your spawing at the checkpoint all the time, just to keep checking/camping coke pit etc.

And yes the sight does not work for the MK20 on UC, however it has never bothered me, I will just buy another or use iron sights if needed.

FYI: check your ammo when you spawn as UC, because you normally spawn with lethal's loaded.

I would however prefer that I spawn with the MK20 in my hand, and not in the backpack.