Which Rig Should I Pick?

BlackShot

Which rig would you pick?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which rig would you pick?

• OPTION 1 (Arctis 7 + Rival 300)
    • OPTION 2 (Arctis 5 + Rival 700)

Hey,

I've had a problem with my current headset (Siberia 650) and SteelSeries offered me a promo code of 200 USD to spend on their webstore. They personally recommended me Arctis products to replace my original headset, since they are better at everything compared to 650 - they said.

Arctis 5 costs 100 USD and Arctis 7 costs 150 USD, but the price won't matter in my case. I'll also be able to pick a mice, but the model will depend on which headset I pick.

OPTION 1

Arctis 7                         Rival 300
5mpfj1X.png +YiClvJI.png
Click on their names to get redirected.

OPTION 2

Arctis 5                        Rival 700
qhztJQK.png+ZgEgETH.png
Click on their names to get redirected.

I'll also try to list the main differences here, for those who don't wanna click any links.

Arctis 7 >> Wireless (but sound quality is the same), doesn't have RGB lights, microphone frequency is 100 - 6500 Hz.
Arctis 5 >> Wired, has RGB lights, microphone frequency is 100 - 10000 Hz.

Rival 700 >> OLED display, PixArt PMW3360 optical sensor, customizable tactile alerts, modular sensor and covers
Rival 300 >> Pixart PMW3310 optical sensor optical sensor, RGB Illumination

I really don't know which rig to pick, and I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Edited by BlackShot
Mr. Linux likes this

@BlackShot

This: 

This:

and this:

If you have lots and lots of pennies unlike me xd so sad :(

If this isnt in your budget I recommend the Deathadder Chroma paired with the Logitech G430, Its what I've run for a while now and I love the headset because its so comfy and I can hear all footsteps etc. I love the Deathadder because it fits my fucking huge webbed hands perfectly and I like the Razer Synapse program aswell as it being pretty simple only having mouse1, mouse2, mouse 3 and mouse 4 oh shiet I forgot the middle scrolly thingy, yh thats sick too.

btw kys

BlackShot likes this
Just now, william said:

@BlackShot

This: 

This:

and this:

If you have lots and lots of pennies unlike me xd so sad :(

If this isnt in your budget I recommend the Deathadder Chroma paired with the Logitech G430, Its what I've run for a while now and I love the headset because its so comfy and I can hear all footsteps etc. I love the Deathadder because it fits my fucking huge webbed hands perfectly and I like the Razer Synapse program aswell as it being pretty simple only having mouse1, mouse2, mouse 3 and mouse 4 oh shiet I forgot the middle scrolly thingy, yh thats sick too.

btw kys

Spoiler

PlZB8S3.png

Spoiler

OFX9vtN.png

But I appreciate the help, you cunt. <3

Mr. Linux likes this
Just now, william said:

@BlackShot pls explain why tf u get 200$ to spend ?

I'm having a problem with my Siberia 650 microphone, where it randomly gets too quiet. Honestly, they are the worst shit I've ever seen. They replaced me the same unit 2 times and they still have this fucking problem. Now with Arctis they say they've innovated when it comes to microphone:

https://steelseries.com/blog/the-miseducation-of-gaming-headset-mics

Can't complain about the audio though. Sounds perfect at all times.

Edited by BlackShot
Mr. Linux likes this
2 hours ago, DivineTimes said:

honestly id go with the Arctis 5 i feel you will have less issues.

Yeah, a friend had me questioning about it yesterday. Option 1 has the wireless advantage, but does that really outweigh having a better mic quality, a better mouse and RGB illumination? I don't think so. I'm afraid I'll go with option 2. Most people seem to like it as well.

Mr. Linux likes this