Flightstick Sensitivity / Response

Hello folks, this a question to those who use flight stick/throttle/pedals on Arma 3. I've noticed in VR and editor that my flight sticks aren't very responive in hover mode. I've noticed I have to yank my joystick into nosedives or hard banks to get my choppers to move and inch. Yet keyboard keys will be super responsive as usual.

With auto hover off the controls are much more responsive, but the chopper has a nasty habit to nose up high for no reason on it's own. I get Arma 3 is wonky with heli/plane controls, but has anyone had this issue or knows a suitable fix for this? Any input would be awesome. 

I use a T.16000M flightstick with throttle and pedals if that's anyhelp. 

Cheers!

Just now, Cobra said:

Hello folks, this a question to those who use flight stick/throttle/pedals on Arma 3. I've noticed in VR and editor that my flight sticks aren't very responive in hover mode. I've noticed I have to yank my joystick into nosedives or hard banks to get my choppers to move and inch. Yet keyboard keys will be super responsive as usual.

With auto hover off the controls are much more responsive, but the chopper has a nasty habit to nose up high for no reason on it's own. I get Arma 3 is wonky with heli/plane controls, but has anyone had this issue or knows a suitable fix for this? Any input would be awesome. 

I use a T.16000M flightstick with throttle and pedals if that's anyhelp. 

Cheers!

Make sure you map your flight stick throttle to collective and not analog. You can also increase sensitivity of the axes in Arma or your third party driver.

Edited by Gen. Henry Arnold
21 hours ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

Auto-hover limits the capability of input on your Flight controls, Don't use it. Simple as that. If you do you're gonna have to deal with low sensitivity. 

To compensate for the pitch maneuvering, Set trim controls so you can trim your aircraft to be in a almost-perfect hover

@TheCrestedPenguin Got it, but one last thing, why do my helis automactically go nose up for no reason. Even if I turn off auto hover and stable speeds it goes nose up. I'm constantly fighting it just to keep it from doing back flips. THis hasn't happen before until I started using this flightstick.

Any ideas why it's doing that? I've looked on the net and only got that it may be a mapping issue, but I already cleared and remapped twice.

Edited by Cobra
31 minutes ago, Cobra said:

@TheCrestedPenguin Got it, but one last thing, why do my helis automactically go nose up for no reason. Even if I turn off auto hover and stable speeds it goes nose up. I'm constantly fighting it just to keep it from doing back flips. THis hasn't happen before until I started using this flightstick.

Any ideas why it's doing that? I've looked on the net and only got that it may be a mapping issue, but I already cleared and remapped twice.

Could be multiple things:

1. Your stick has a weird deadzone that forces it up ( AKA calibration issue 99% of the time ) 

2. speed = lift the faster you go the more your aircraft wants to pitch up you'd have to trim it out

3. BFM increase lift due to rotor pitch changing.

Try eliminating these points 1 by 1 and then come back to see if its fixed. @Cobra

Edited by TheCrestedPenguin
Cobra likes this

Yup just a callibration tweak is all it needed. Also, is Advanced Flight Model worth it? Aside from the gauges the only useful thing I get from it is the aiming cursor for attack chopers when I don't want to lock on targets. Otherwise I fail to see the point in using it.

Either way, thanks again @TheCrestedPenguin, I'm flying much more comfortably and getting to work on the fine tuning my skills rather than fight my flightstick thanks to you.  

9 hours ago, Cobra said:

Yup just a callibration tweak is all it needed. Also, is Advanced Flight Model worth it? Aside from the gauges the only useful thing I get from it is the aiming cursor for attack chopers when I don't want to lock on targets. Otherwise I fail to see the point in using it.

Either way, thanks again @TheCrestedPenguin, I'm flying much more comfortably and getting to work on the fine tuning my skills rather than fight my flightstick thanks to you.  

Pros of AFM

1. Harder landings are possible

2. Faster landings are possible

3. More control on aircraft flight

4. Gauges

5. Cursors and extra hud info

6. Better control on system failures

7.  You can do some awesome manoeuvres  ( risk taking system damage tho if you got beyond your limit )

8. Higher max speeds

9. Better responses on your collective

10. You can fucking taxi in wheeled aircraft

Cons of AFM

1. Harder to learn 

2. Flight systems can break upon high-G turns

3. Fucking Vortex ringstate fuck it fuck fuck fuck

@Cobra