Rotorlib: High risk should = high reward

Rotorlib is hard and greatly increases the risk of crashing your helicopter. Asylum has the philosophy that high risk activities should be highly rewarded and so it follows that players who choose to use rotorlib should be highly rewarded for the increased risk they choose to take. Currently rotorlib pilots get an AAF helmet while in their aircraft. This reward is absolute shit. Here's what I suggest.

1. Tarus may be purchased and flown while rotorlib is enabled, they can not be pulled or flown without it enabled. 

2. Orca pilots with rotorlib enabled will sustain less damage from small arms fire, yes this is possible to code.

3.  Locked vehicles may be sling-loaded while flying with rotorlib and if the vehicles contents are worth less than a reasonable value.

4. Up to two gold bar may be stored in helicopters (orca or larger), with the downside of decreased performance and while the pilot has rotorlib enabled. This could make feds and banks great again

Edited by Treeherder
Blocker and Steve like this

I like the idea man, at the same time I still think Asylum has too much shit already and adding more stuff could make the performance worse. Since the cause of the poor server performance and mass kicks is not known(so they say) further additions to the mission file that are not truly necessary could be a step backwards.

6 hours ago, Treeherder said:

Rotorlib is hard and greatly increases the risk of crashing your helicopter. Asylum has the philosophy that high risk activities should be highly rewarded and so it follows that players who choose to use rotorlib should be highly rewarded for the increased risk they choose to take. Currently rotorlib pilots get an AAF helmet while in their aircraft. This reward is absolute shit. Here's what I suggest.

1. Tarus may be purchased and flown while rotorlib is enabled, they can not be pulled or flown without it enabled. 

Sounds impossible to code

2. Orca pilots with rotorlib enabled will sustain less damage from small arms fire, yes this is possible to code.

Orca's are fine you just need to play better

3.  Locked vehicles may be sling-loaded while flying with rotorlib and if the vehicles contents are worth less than a reasonable value.

Soooo i can just steal hemmt's, ifrits, hunters and all that with a taru? pew pew man

4. Up to two gold bar may be stored in helicopters (orca or larger), with the downside of decreased performance and while the pilot has rotorlib enabled. This could make feds and banks great again

Yeah that will most definitly not increase smash n grabs, only real feds!

1 hour ago, Midamaru said:

Number 1 is very easy... Its not different than a talent point check and the check for buying the old pilot fatigues when Rotorlib was first introduced

Orcas are not fine... Its a little over the top