Computer build and what you think.

Agent X

10 minutes ago, Khaliq Fahid said:

So we're going to do this in two parts right now, I'll take it nice and slow with pictures and annotations along the way to help you out.

So the first part of this post is going to consist of pretty pictures to show that you're a fucking moron, and the second is going to consist of me letting you know you should have never came back to the forums.

Reveal hidden contents

GGSzjJ2.jpg

Included above you have a chart from a creditable source showing the benefits in loading times for 3 different games and the decrease in loading times for both. Although not all games benefit as well as others for this, the ones that do benefit do quite well with an increase of around 55 seconds whereas Rift only benefits from a 15 second difference. Now this is just loading times, and that doesn't really apply to everybody or every game because it simply doesn't matter so lets move onto another picture showing that you're wrong.

Reveal hidden contents

tFvNZBW.jpg

Now this is where an SSD really makes a difference, as you can see from this image frame rates are substantially more stable and lag spikes are pretty much gone. Now using a standard HDD you can see the FPS drop well below 30 at some points which is not an ideal gaming experience, the use of an SSD helps combat this and is an actual improvement. This is one reason alot of people on the forums suggest using an SSD, because one problem with Arma is that you get rather brutal fps drops.

Now that we have got that out of the way with, lets talk about your last post.

This is where I show you that the last 4 years of your life have been wasted learning a useless degree. (I really hope you didn't take out a loan for that).

Reveal hidden contents

FGdyt0L.jpg

Now you claim to have 10 years of experience, yet you don’t actually state what subject you have experience in. My guess would be that you’re currently mastering the art of brown nosing higher ups in hopes of getting your long awaited promotion to an actual relevant rank this time.

Not only do you claim to have 10 years of experience, you also claim to have studied "ethical hacking" which is super fucking cringe too. What kind of mongoloid takes a degree in ethical hacking and then tries to claim that because of it he knows something about SSD's. That pretty much has no connection to the subject at hand. 

Khaliq is outtie, my job here is done.

tumblr_nu0nw9Nmfa1roxle0o2_r1_500.gif

weebae-ohhh.gif?w=680

Big Fred and JonSnow like this
2 hours ago, Cynica said:

Yes I did. Faster hard drive rates show minimal improvement on video games. Most games are loaded into memory whenever the game starts. Please tell me how I am wrong with my 10 years of experience, and 4 years college degree in ethical hacking.

what does ethical hacking have to do with this?

If you are such an omniscient being then you should know that Arma 3 is one of the few games where having an SSD really helps. This is because Arma 3 is constantly loading textures, so the SSD will help get rid of frame drops which usually happen with HDD's.

explicit, Cre and Yung Kali-G like this

Again, putting your games causes nothing more than slight loading time decreases, and if your other hardware is up to par, nothing else. 

There is also SEVERAL guides that recommend not putting games which makes several writest on your computer, as they significantly decrease the life off the SSD. This is why you turn things like paging off. 

Please, go back ton A+ you fucking moron.

3 hours ago, CyanogenCX said:

what does ethical hacking have to do with this?

If you are such an omniscient being then you should know that Arma 3 is one of the few games where having an SSD really helps. This is because Arma 3 is constantly loading textures, so the SSD will help get rid of frame drops which usually happen with HDD's.

Why do you think the mission file is downloaded? All this is loaded into memory. You will maybe see enough performance increase to see a difference, more than likely you will not.

8 hours ago, Cynica said:

Please tell me how I am wrong with my 10 years of experience, and 4 years college degree in ethical hacking.

Oh god, you're one of those people. I went to college with a person like you. I'll give you one very fitting example of how an SSD is great for gaming: Go play Path of Exile with a HDD, then play it with an SSD. Please come back and fill out an appropriate apology.

8 hours ago, Cynica said:

4 years college degree in ethical hacking.

iVHfwLc.gif?noredirect

Also:

6 hours ago, Khaliq Fahid said:

So we're going to do this in two parts right now, I'll take it nice and slow with pictures and annotations along the way to help you out.

So the first part of this post is going to consist of pretty pictures to show that you're a fucking moron, and the second is going to consist of me letting you know you should have never came back to the forums.

Reveal hidden contents

GGSzjJ2.jpg

Included above you have a chart from a creditable source showing the benefits in loading times for 3 different games and the decrease in loading times for both. Although not all games benefit as well as others for this, the ones that do benefit do quite well with an increase of around 55 seconds whereas Rift only benefits from a 15 second difference. Now this is just loading times, and that doesn't really apply to everybody or every game because it simply doesn't matter so lets move onto another picture showing that you're wrong.

Reveal hidden contents

tFvNZBW.jpg

Now this is where an SSD really makes a difference, as you can see from this image frame rates are substantially more stable and lag spikes are pretty much gone. Now using a standard HDD you can see the FPS drop well below 30 at some points which is not an ideal gaming experience, the use of an SSD helps combat this and is an actual improvement. This is one reason alot of people on the forums suggest using an SSD, because one problem with Arma is that you get rather brutal fps drops.

Now that we have got that out of the way with, lets talk about your last post.

This is where I show you that the last 4 years of your life have been wasted learning a useless degree. (I really hope you didn't take out a loan for that).

Reveal hidden contents

FGdyt0L.jpg

Now you claim to have 10 years of experience, yet you don’t actually state what subject you have experience in. My guess would be that you’re currently mastering the art of brown nosing higher ups in hopes of getting your long awaited promotion to an actual relevant rank this time.

Not only do you claim to have 10 years of experience, you also claim to have studied "ethical hacking" which is super fucking cringe too. What kind of mongoloid takes a degree in ethical hacking and then tries to claim that because of it he knows something about SSD's. That pretty much has no connection to the subject at hand. 

Khaliq is outtie, my job here is done.

tumblr_nu0nw9Nmfa1roxle0o2_r1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by Creic

I would go for the MSI 980Ti http://www.amazon.com/MSI-GTX-980TI-GAMING-6G/dp/B0106QZE62/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1454656212&sr=1-4&keywords=980+ti

I have 2 of these and they run great silent too the fans run separate from one another and will stay off until the GPU reaches a certain temp, you can set it yourself.

I would also go with a water cooler, I personally went for this one http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Performance-Liquid-Cooler-CW-9060021-WW/dp/B00SV7IEJI/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1454656345&sr=1-1&keywords=h100i Thats if you want to do some serious overclocking. I currently have mine running at 5.6ghz and I only really see temps of 36 degrees C playing arma, highest stress test they went to 58 degrees C.

Also as for motherboard why not look into the full gaming range from MSI, the one I use is this one http://www.amazon.com/MSI-Computer-Motherboards-X99A-GAMING/dp/B00UN7AWIK/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1454656472&sr=1-1&keywords=msi+x99a+gaming+7

As for RAM running the processor and the board above I would go for a higher Mhz ram maybe like a 3200mhz http://www.amazon.com/G-SKILL-Ripjaws-PC4-25600-3200MHz-F4-3200C16D-16GVKB/dp/B015FXXBW0/ref=sr_1_7?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1454656658&sr=1-7&keywords=g.skill+ddr4+ripjaw but you can overclock your G.Skills through the motherboard I linked above, really simple too doesn't have to be a advanced overclock (super easy to use).

My Specs are as follows.

i7 5960x @ 5.4 Ghz

2 x MSI GTX 980Ti (as above)

MSI x99a Gaming 7 motherboard (as above)

Corsair h100i CPU cooler (as above)

32GB of G.Skill Rip jaws ddr4 @ 3200 mhz (as above)

Corsair Obsidian Series Black 450D High Airflow Case

Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Just build my machine lmao! If you want links to all the parts just give me a heads up!!

Edited by Robbo

Lets compare the two on an even playing field. Once again here is ANOTHER technical website stating the EXACT same thing. Here we compare an SSD and a HDD under the exact same conditions. 

1386638456kyKop3N8ZT_3_3.gif

1386638456kyKop3N8ZT_4_2.gif

1386638456kyKop3N8ZT_4_3.gif

Look at that...almost identical frame rates. Please tell me again how I am wrong. Save your money on an SSD and buy a higher end graphics card, because with a 7200 RPM data-drive your bottle neck will be the GPU. Also, putting a game on your SSD will SIGNIFICANTLY reduce the lifespan of the SSD, as an SSD can only have so many writes before it is toast.

Edited by Cynica
15 hours ago, Agent X said:

Does anyone know how 1920 x 1080p looks on a 27" monitor?

It looks perfectly fine.

I used to bury my nose in my Benq XL2420z when things get hectic ingame.
With my newly purchased Benq XL2720z I can sit on a comfortable distance and get the same immersion without leaving grease marks on the screen.

Pixel density is a bit lower on 27" with 1080p obviously, but unless you're gaming with a magnifying glass or loupe you're not gonna notice the difference.
I'd rather have the extra FPS performance I get from 1080p over the extra density 1440p gives me in comparison.
In my opinion 1440 is overrated, even on 27".

Agent X and explicit like this
3 hours ago, Big Fred said:

It looks perfectly fine.

I used to bury my nose in my Benq XL2420z when things get hectic ingame.
With my newly purchased Benq XL2720z I can sit on a comfortable distance and get the same immersion without leaving grease marks on the screen.

Pixel density is a bit lower on 27" with 1080p obviously, but unless you're gaming with a magnifying glass or loupe you're not gonna notice the difference.
I'd rather have the extra FPS performance I get from 1080p over the extra density 1440p gives me in comparison.
In my opinion 1440 is overrated, even on 27".

I would really only suggest 1080p for 24" or less for gaming, you can notice the difference 27" is pushing it. 1440p is not overrated it is a clear noticeable difference, once you go 1440p you'll never go back. Also in my opinion 1440p @ 60fps > 1080p @ 144fps. I have a acer xb270hu which has 1440p, 144hz, and gsync so i have the best of both worlds but I would definitely say 1440p is more noticeable.

4 hours ago, Hiraku said:

As someone who has a degree in computer science.

Cynica you're an idiot, stop talking pls.

Also "Ethical Hacking" is barely relevant, its primarily a penetration testing field, so thats moot, stop making us cringe, its a lethal mix.

Hacking+Teh+Mainframesbig.gif

The point was the validate my credibility. I have to go through more hardware and software courses than your typical I.T. major. How am I an idiot? I concisely articulated my point. SSDs do not show a increase in noticeable gameplay outside of load times.  

6 minutes ago, Cynica said:

The point was the validate my credibility. I have to go through more hardware and software courses than your typical I.T. major. How am I an idiot? I concisely articulated my point. SSDs do not show a increase in noticeable gameplay outside of load times.  

I've never noticed any difference in performance with my games on an SSD besides load times.

8 minutes ago, Cynica said:

You said, and I quote

" All you need on your SSD is the OS and basic office applications, games don't benefit from it."

That is simply not the case, and saying so makes you an idoit.

The performances increase IS the huge drop in load times, im not sure if you know, but the majority of computers are simply incapable of loading the entire of games into RAM at any one point, most games counterract this through loading screens when entering new areas, and with an SSD you will notice these are commonly less than a second long, which is a performance increase if you care about that, However, with multiplayer games, where force loading screens would commonly cause unfair advantages, the PC has to attempt to preemptively load the new Textures/Rooms/Audio whatever the fuck it needs, before the player enters the new zone, this can and will cause FPS drops on HDD loaded games, Arma is a prime example. If you play arma on an SSD you will notice you do not get FPS drops when entering towns, unlike HDD installed copies, which commonly tank as soon as it needs to load a new area. (Very heavily noticed when travelling at speeds)