Computer build and what you think.

Agent X

The RPM on that data drive is to slow. For a build of this quality drop Windows 10 and add a WD Black Edition drive.  While on the topic of hard drives drop the 500GB SSD, pick up A 120GB for less. All you need on your SSD is the OS and basic office applications, games don't benefit from it.

Edited by Cynica
4 hours ago, Atmosphere said:

mfw he buys an OS"School Blazer"

Nah it's a cool build though, the motherboard seems too excessive for this build and don't forget to buy a CPU

This build is built around the cpu and gpu being able to interact nicely. I actually have an I7-5820k and a cpu cooler waiting for the rest of this.

7 hours ago, Khaliq Fahid said:

Did you really just say that?

Yes I did. Faster hard drive rates show minimal improvement on video games. Most games are loaded into memory whenever the game starts. Please tell me how I am wrong with my 10 years of experience, and 4 years college degree in ethical hacking.

Build is great.  

Either secondary storage drives will be fine, of course the higher RPM and more cache on the drive will result in better performance.

If you feel the need to have the very best graphics card on the market, go for the 980ti.  Otherwise I would save the extra $150~ and just go with an overclocked 980 GTX.  The graphics performance difference between the two is not there when doing 1080p gaming.  If you were doing 4k gaming- then the best card on the market would be your only option.  

I've had great success with EVGA and MSi built GeForce cards.  The MSi Twin-Frozr series is one of the best on the market.

Your monitor is good.  Anything 144hz you will see a significant difference if you rig can produce 144 frames per second in that game.  

Ghillie has the same monitor as me the ASUS ROG Swift 27'.  The biggest benefit on that monitor is the filtering it does at the monitor level through GSync to filter out image tearing.  It does this processing on the monitor side so it doesnt affect your processing power in your computer or on your GPU.  Gives a really "smooth" affect to fast moving images.

Definitely get yourself a great CPU cooler.  Lower temperatures will keep your processor running in top shape.  The standard Intel coolers tend to get hot 55-65c (69-70c are breaking point for BSOD) under heavy load.  A better cooler at high performance will keep you at 50c~ 

My recommendation would be a closed-loop cooling system like a Corsair H80i GT

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-h80i-gt-high-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler

40 minutes ago, Bry said:

Bro having games on an SSD means much quicker load times...

I got an SSD an now my games load much quicker than before the SSD.

That is literally the only performance increase you will see, and they won't be significant. I use SSDs for rendering videos, and encrypting data, that is it.

38 minutes ago, Clint Beastwood said:

Definitely get yourself a great CPU cooler.  Lower temperatures will keep your processor running in top shape.  The standard Intel coolers tend to get hot 55-65c (69-70c are breaking point for BSOD) under heavy load.  A better cooler at high performance will keep you at 50c~ 

While I 100% agree with getting a good cooler (Hyper 212 EVO is a decent cheap one if you want to just grab one fast), most CPUs won't freak at 70C, especially not Haswell-E. 

12 minutes ago, Cynica said:

Yes I did. Faster hard drive rates show minimal improvement on video games. Most games are loaded into memory whenever the game starts. Please tell me how I am wrong with my 10 years of experience, and 4 years college degree in ethical hacking.

So we're going to do this in two parts right now, I'll take it nice and slow with pictures and annotations along the way to help you out.

So the first part of this post is going to consist of pretty pictures to show that you're a fucking moron, and the second is going to consist of me letting you know you should have never came back to the forums.

Spoiler

GGSzjJ2.jpg

Included above you have a chart from a creditable source showing the benefits in loading times for 3 different games and the decrease in loading times for both. Although not all games benefit as well as others for this, the ones that do benefit do quite well with an increase of around 55 seconds whereas Rift only benefits from a 15 second difference. Now this is just loading times, and that doesn't really apply to everybody or every game because it simply doesn't matter so lets move onto another picture showing that you're wrong.

Spoiler

tFvNZBW.jpg

Now this is where an SSD really makes a difference, as you can see from this image frame rates are substantially more stable and lag spikes are pretty much gone. Now using a standard HDD you can see the FPS drop well below 30 at some points which is not an ideal gaming experience, the use of an SSD helps combat this and is an actual improvement. This is one reason alot of people on the forums suggest using an SSD, because one problem with Arma is that you get rather brutal fps drops.

Now that we have got that out of the way with, lets talk about your last post.

This is where I show you that the last 4 years of your life have been wasted learning a useless degree. (I really hope you didn't take out a loan for that).

Spoiler

FGdyt0L.jpg

Now you claim to have 10 years of experience, yet you don’t actually state what subject you have experience in. My guess would be that you’re currently mastering the art of brown nosing higher ups in hopes of getting your long awaited promotion to an actual relevant rank this time.

Not only do you claim to have 10 years of experience, you also claim to have studied "ethical hacking" which is super fucking cringe too. What kind of mongoloid takes a degree in ethical hacking and then tries to claim that because of it he knows something about SSD's. That pretty much has no connection to the subject at hand. 

Khaliq is outtie, my job here is done.

tumblr_nu0nw9Nmfa1roxle0o2_r1_500.gif

Bry, explicit, Rodrigo and 1 other like this
6 minutes ago, Khaliq Fahid said:

So we're going to do this in two parts right now, I'll take it nice and slow with pictures and annotations along the way to help you out.

So the first part of this post is going to consist of pretty pictures to show that you're a fucking moron, and the second is going to consist of me letting you know you should have never came back to the forums.

dhMeAzK.gif

Edited by [§] Alex
explicit likes this

Good looking build. The only problem is you are asking here where everyone is extremely opinionated in their own ways. Yes SSDs can help stabilize a game. However if you upgrade your gpu to anything with 4 gb or more on your gpu you should have no problem with frame rate issues. If you have AMD or Intel or whatever you decide it will all come back to your gpu and what it can support.