Increase money yield

4 minutes ago, bamf said:

Then killing them and executing so you can loot the troll dollar from them.  

God it sounds really cruel when I type it out like this.  Time to go boot up Arma...

You any good at various interrogation techniques? i see a new career path for you...

Edited by Reavantos

What eXplicit said.  

Back when I had the most money of anyone on the servers (pre-admin), I ran meth in an offroad with no gear on.  I'd gather ingredients once or twice a week, and then just do 3 rounds of cooks/day from my house in DP14.  Take that to the drug dealer in Pyrgos (at the time), and then deposit the money at the Pyrgos APD HQ (less chance of being RDMed at the APD HQ).  

explicit likes this
2 minutes ago, bamf said:

What eXplicit said.  

Back when I had the most money of anyone on the servers (pre-admin), I ran meth in an offroad with no gear on.  I'd gather ingredients once or twice a week, and then just do 3 rounds of cooks/day from my house in DP14.  Take that to the drug dealer in Pyrgos (at the time), and then deposit the money at the Pyrgos APD HQ (less chance of being RDMed at the APD HQ).  

Oh yeah it was much easier back in the day, profit was much more as well.  Which is what I'm suggesting...  So basically proving my point ;)

Edited by Enclave
20 minutes ago, Reavantos said:

pretty sure you get regular paychecks on civ.....

As a civ your free to do what you want within server rules. APD rules have changed a lot and we are required to do and respond to certain things. so yes it can (possibly) be constant money. (assuming people are on and being arrested. which is not the case during certain times of day) but try losing a orca a hunter and a few loadouts. it certainly is not "free money"  or be on for a entire day and realize you only broke even.

also respond to 4 back to back banks, along with prison breaks and hostile rebel takeovers.. that isn't "grindy"? riiiiiight,

i most of us seriously dont play cop for money. illegal activities on civ got me to money cap, it sure as hell was not cop...

Donor level 3 is like $135 every five minutes, that's nothing at all.

Cop makes a shit ton, i've been money capped within three days before while playing cop.  You get a serious amount of cash.  I know sergeants have it harder but not that much harder, back in the old days when cops pocketed all of the money of an arrest to themselves, cops still said that playing cop didn't make that much money or that they would be lucky to break even.  And i'll gladly take playing cop even when there's back to back banks over grinding some kind of legal/illegal job, it is much more fun.  Not to mention that if I lethal/arrest someone I have absolutely no risk of losing the money, everything goes straight into your bank account.  Cop and civ play a lot different but cop does make a shit ton, which it should because otherwise there wouldn't be near as many cops and they wouldn't be encouraged to put up with a lot of stupid shit that happens.

Enclave likes this
7 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Donor level 3 is like $135 every five minutes, that's nothing at all.

Cop makes a shit ton, i've been money capped within three days before while playing cop.  You get a serious amount of cash.  I know sergeants have it harder but not that much harder, back in the old days when cops pocketed all of the money of an arrest to themselves, cops still said that playing cop didn't make that much money or that they would be lucky to break even.  And i'll gladly take playing cop even when there's back to back banks over grinding some kind of legal/illegal job, it is much more fun.  Not to mention that if I lethal/arrest someone I have absolutely no risk of losing the money, everything goes straight into your bank account.  Cop and civ play a lot different but cop does make a shit ton, which it should because otherwise there wouldn't be near as many cops and they wouldn't be encouraged to put up with a lot of stupid shit that happens.

Go make scotch and you can do whatever you want all day. Have 3 large houses with at least 2 ageing barrels  fill them up an wait. You can spend all the money, after the 3rth restart go sell and refill you will make 400 or so in so little time with almost no eft and you can keep fighting. Obviously the risk is high but go and do it solo, I have done this quite a few times, sometimes it goes bad sometimes it goes well.

Making money is easy on civ but you need to stop fighting for a while and put some time in making money.

2 full day making money 5 full days fighting with out looking at a bank account 

Edit: PD get 500 prestige and you would recibe triple paycheck 

Edited by TwinCities
Reavantos likes this
1 minute ago, Budbringer said:

Gou bounty hunt dude. Last time I bounty hunted, I arrested people for close to 200k in like 50 something min and chopped some vehicles and stole some meth. I died 1 time

Right, alone though the chance of actually getting a high bounty (200k+) and turning them in is pretty much 1/100 times.  You could spend 10 hours plus and end up losing more money than you started with being a bounty hunter.

Edited by Enclave
17 minutes ago, Enclave said:

Oh yeah it was much easier back in the day, profit was much more as well.  Which is what I'm suggesting...  So basically proving my point ;)

While the profit has been tweaked a bit, the process and success of making meth hasn't changed. The fact was back in the day the economy was completely out of wack. People had hundreds of millions of dollars. The reason for the money cap is to help enforce the cycle of make money/spend money. You go out and make some money, spend it on things like vehicles, houses, rebel gear etc. When that is depleted you start the cycle over and make more money.

Looking back on my pre-admin days I was the most wealthy person in the community for about 7 straight months. It was stupid. What was I going to do with all that money? Retire? Diversify my stock options? Invest in a start-up Tech company? I mean think about it.

DreamC likes this
1 minute ago, TwinCities said:

Go make scotch and you can do whatever you want all day. Have 3 large houses with at least 2 ageing barrels  fill them up an wait. You can spend all the money, after the 3rth restart go sell and refill you will make 400 or so in so little time with almost no eft and you can keep fighting. Obviously the risk is high but go and do it solo, I have done this quite a few times, sometimes it goes bad sometimes it goes well.

Making money is easy on civ but you need to stop fighting for a while and put some time in making money.

2 full day making money 5 full days fighting with out looking at a bank account 

I'm not saying making money on civ is "hard" i'm just saying that legal jobs could use a pay raise, considering that rebels will go fuck up players doing legal jobs because they are such a soft target.  I like scotch, it's a lot of fun and initially making the scotch isn't that risky.  Going to wongs and getting a huge payout, that's the scary part. 

4 minutes ago, Volunteer281 said:

While the profit has been tweaked a bit, the process and success of making meth hasn't changed. The fact was back in the day the economy was completely out of wack. People had hundreds of millions of dollars. The reason for the money cap is to help enforce the cycle of make money/spend money. You go out and make some money, spend it on things like vehicles, houses, rebel gear etc. When that is depleted you start the cycle over and make more money.

Looking back on my pre-admin days I was the most wealthy person in the community for about 7 straight months. It was stupid. What was I going to do with all that money? Retire? Diversify my stock options? Invest in a start-up Tech company? I mean think about it

Right I get it was out of wack which the money cap helps a bit, I'm just asking for even a simple small increase in legal activities such as fishing, excavating, etc.  Or even a small increase in illegal activities as well.  Or instead if you don't like either of those ideas, add a small price drop for buying vehicles (considering there is no insurance anymore).  Which I don't mind, it's like how the server was in the very beginning, and I enjoyed that, but vehicles were also much cheaper in the beginning.    Anyway I'm just saying the servers are very grindy now, more then they ever have been.

5 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

I'm not saying making money on civ is "hard" i'm just saying that legal jobs could use a pay raise, considering that rebels will go fuck up players doing legal jobs because they are such a soft target.  I like scotch, it's a lot of fun and initially making the scotch isn't that risky.  Going to wongs and getting a huge payout, that's the scary part. 

Don't go on top hours. Need to think up the situation first and go scout first if you are a solo player. If you are in a group you just protect each other.

Reavantos likes this
1 hour ago, Enclave said:

Right, alone though the chance of actually getting a high bounty (200k+) and turning them in is pretty much 1/100 times.  You could spend 10 hours plus and end up losing more money than you started with being a bounty hunter.

Get someone to play with and dont go for the 200k bounties. Go for the 10-30k bounties. Usually some pistol bangers doing gas stations you can sneak up on