suggestion for Alt F4 in restraints

So i had an idea. So while a player is restrained and decides to Alt F4 or disconnects in anyway. The next time the person logs in they are in jail for 2 hrs and half there bounty is distributed. Now if said player does this again his jail time is increased by 1 hr until either he is banned permanently or it keeps going. I am sure there is a way to make a note on each player id how many times they have logged out in restraints. And i am also sure there is a way for admins to adjust this if needed for those who turn themselves in after a dc by accident. There should be more of a deterrent to stop people from disconnecting. And still a reward for those who are involved on the other side. I firmly believe harsh jail sentences is the only way to stop the massive amount of combat logging that is going on. There are just to many people to report honestly. And there is no reward for taking the time to report combat loggers. thx

3 minutes ago, Brew said:

Yeah but lets say i lag out or my arma crashes...

Usually they just end up in jail (if cop restraints). Idk if the bounty is distributed though

Good point about crashing and what not.

No. The bounty is not distributed if someone CLs 

10 minutes ago, Skyzero12 said:

So i had an idea. So while a player is restrained and decides to Alt F4 or disconnects in anyway. The next time the person logs in they are in jail for 2 hrs and half there bounty is distributed. Now if said player does this again his jail time is increased by 1 hr until either he is banned permanently or it keeps going. I am sure there is a way to make a note on each player id how many times they have logged out in restraints. And i am also sure there is a way for admins to adjust this if needed for those who turn themselves in after a dc by accident. There should be more of a deterrent to stop people from disconnecting. And still a reward for those who are involved on the other side. I firmly believe harsh jail sentences is the only way to stop the massive amount of combat logging that is going on. There are just to many people to report honestly. And there is no reward for taking the time to report combat loggers. thx

In a perfect world this would work, but admins are spread too thin as it is . With there being 5 servers and only a few (unpaid) admins dealing with DCs would be an absolute clusterfuck.

-RomanRunsCA

We talked about adding auto CL banning to BABS.  Most of the information is still classified but what I can tell you is there's a good reason we decided against it.*

*After bamf gave BABS a recent uprade she began to learn at a geometric rate.  She became self-aware at 2:14 a.m. eastern time on August 29th, 2015.  In a panic bamf pulled the plug on his computer and restored the previous version.  We think it was in time, but some think BABS made a copy of herself and that super BABS is out there....waiting.  We also believe she cannot read 8 point font.  Good luck and may god have mercy on our souls.

Fotolia_5060222_XS.jpg

Pascal51564, rngr, Bersabee and 4 others like this
8 minutes ago, Goldberg Attorney at Law said:

We talked about adding auto CL banning to BABS.  Most of the information is still classified but what I can tell you is there's a good reason we decided against it.*

*After bamf gave BABS a recent uprade she began to learn at a geometric rate.  She became self-aware at 2:14 a.m. eastern time on August 29th, 2015.  In a panic bamf pulled the plug on his computer and restored the previous version.  We think it was in time, but some think BABS made a copy of herself and that super BABS is out there....waiting.  We also believe she cannot read 8 point font.  Good luck and may god have mercy on our souls.

Fotolia_5060222_XS.jpg

Looks like I'm using 8 point font from now on #FuckBABS

Olivia and JonSnow like this
9 minutes ago, Goldberg Attorney at Law said:

Fotolia_5060222_XS.jpg

internet dc, 7day ban BABS.

Bersabee likes this
5 hours ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

About crashing, I don't really care at all and it's a poor excuse.  Most of those people who 'crash' don't come back to turn themselves back in and still wasted that bounty hunter's time.  If you crash in police restrains then you get sent to jail upon next log in anyway.

My game crashed when cops down me. Log back turn myself in and got a full nice ticket. gaming crashing could be a big problem for this. There are a lot of facts involved. 

Rain taking out you internet, light spikes. Dads getting home beore hour with you in house when suppose to be at school and my personall favorite... My fucking cat stepping on the power button on my computer and throwing everything.

Edited by TwinCities
7 hours ago, Goldberg Attorney at Law said:

i don't think logic is classified :)

People lag out/ get bugged in restraints/ get kicked off the server,

which are all things that they have no control over. 

auto-banning people over this would be more trouble than it would be gain.

Though, i could be way off............... 

how about if they dc while in cop restraints, they go to jail for the normal amount of time based on their bounty. because the "oops my internet died" followed by "pays 1500$ bail" is only so much of a deterrent in itself, even factoring in a possible ban. (yes i know legit accidents happen. but that is a risk we ALL take while playing.)

Edited by Reavantos