Section F, Number 5

2 minutes ago, Boris said:

>There are people seriously suggesting Durga.

To be fair, I would say that discipline is an issue on the force.  People don't respect the Points system in the slightest.  I remember when I was LT overhearing conversations wherein people would essentially say they didn't care about points or knowing they could break certain rules without fear because the punishment was so minimal.

Durga actually brought discipline.  Cops and Civs alike feared/respected him.  Was he perfect?  Gods no.  Was he an important facet in creating a better APD, absolutely.

I didn't really care for some of the things he did, but I respected the fuck out of him.  He took the hate and that was something needed.  The decisions that people hated him for were not his alone, they were the will of the Captains as a whole.

Durga was a goddamn Captain.  And it showed.

Starlord and Olivia like this
7 minutes ago, Ranger said:

To be fair, I would say that discipline is an issue on the force.  People don't respect the Points system in the slightest.  I remember when I was LT overhearing conversations wherein people would essentially say they didn't care about points or knowing they could break certain rules without fear because the punishment was so minimal.

Durga actually brought discipline.  Cops and Civs alike feared/respected him.  Was he perfect?  Gods no.  Was he an important facet in creating a better APD, absolutely.

I didn't really care for some of the things he did, but I respected the fuck out of him.  He took the hate and that was something needed.  The decisions that people hated him for were not his alone, they were the will of the Captains as a whole.

Durga was a goddamn Captain.  And it showed.

I defiantly agree with the discipline statement. Currently it feels like the captains only harshly discipline people that speak out about other higher-ups. And yes the points system is definitely not doing what it was intended to do. But Durga ended up stepping down for the same abuse of power and stopping people from speaking out like Boris pointed out. Yes people feared him, respected him I'm not to sure about.   

Edited by Psycosis
more typo's
rngr likes this