Section F, Number 5

6 minutes ago, Boris said:

Jamooze once made that huge thread in all caps about being salty he didn't get corporal but now he's legit a cool guy captain.

I like Jamooze.

Leonheartzed for captain though.

Funny you should mention that, as it's one of the major flaws with current system of APD, but none of cpts want to fix the popularity thing as it removes ease of promos to friends. The tale of Jamooze, the wee constable. He was denied corporal promo because he wasn't found to be a fit leader at the time and blew up on forums about it. Next round came and Sgts still found him lack luster in leadership and did not want to promote, but lts/admins stepped in and basically told us to promote him. So he was made corp (the only rank the lts/cpts aren't supposed to influence) and within 4 wks was sgt, 3 wks later Lt. and maybe a month after that, Captain. Could always find him playing with Lts/cpts. So if you ever want to know next Lts, just look in senior channels. If you don't play with the next rank or the top, you're not "known"

Pentax, Hiraku, Vash and 4 others like this
2 minutes ago, Murmurs said:

Funny you should mention that, as it's one of the major flaws with current system of APD, but none of cpts want to fix the popularity thing as it removes ease of promos to friends. The tale of Jamooze, the wee constable. He was denied corporal promo because he wasn't found to be a fit leader at the time and blew up on forums about it. Next round came and Sgts still found him lack luster in leadership and did not want to promote, but lts/admins stepped in and basically told us to promote him. So he was made corp (the only rank the lts/cpts aren't supposed to influence) and within 4 wks was sgt, 3 wks later Lt. and maybe a month after that, Captain. Could always find him playing with Lts/cpts. So if you ever want to know next Lts, just look in senior channels. If you don't play with the next rank or the top, you're not "known"

Idk (o wait nvm I KNOW why) how you are not a LT yet. Liked playing with you back in the day when I was Sgt.

Edited by Pentax
Murmurs likes this

If you didnt figure out the APD is nothing more than a popularity contest as soon as you get to corporal (Or before, if you're super observant)  youre doing something wrong.to be honest.

But hey, theres no way to fix that, this isnt real life. Its a video game, people are gonna abuse any power they get to get their friends with them.

Edited by Hiraku
Atmosphere likes this

Feel free to hold an LT only (no other ranks, nor civilians) meeting and discuss your concerns between each other. If there are enough LT's with concerns, then make something out of it, if there is not a majority or maybe you just want to talk to the Captains as a group as well I would suggest talking to them. We shall now leave this in the capable hands of the LT's.

Olivia, Zoex and Spek like this
1 minute ago, Kryptonn said:

For shooting ghost hawk incident? If that's it why are you beating around the bush?

Lol I'm not beating around the bush. It's an extremely well known incident.  YES he was removed from the Admin team because of the armed ghost hawk incident. He then decided to step down as Captain. That's all. I don't know how else I can be more transparent.

Just now, Mr Smirnoff said:

was there ever one captain that was loved? Its a position that is destined to be hated like Congress.

Great question, I do think all captains get there far share of abuse, and yes they cant please everyone. However I do believe a select few captains had gained the respect of the community and we trusted that they where there for the better of the community. However this is not the case with the current captains, which is why we are addressing the situation 

Alex:) likes this
8 minutes ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

was there ever one captain that was loved? Its a position that is destined to be hated like Congress.

Yes, I agree it is a position that's going to be hated just like anyone's boss. However, you're expected to be able to deal with your personnel in a tactful manner. Personally, after about 7 different attempts to contact Hypanius on ts, resulting in him just closing conversation, I gave up ever going to him. There are plenty of people in this community you can do better than that. When I was passed over for another lieutenant promotion, I went to him asking for any feedback. I was told that if I could send him a cute picture of a bird and he would make me lieutenant, this was the only response that I got from him. So I played along and sent him a cute bird and he just said it was an ugly bird and closed out the conversation. Never to hear from him again or receive any feedback on lieutenant promotion

Edited by Murmurs
blinky, Olivia, Jason and 1 other like this
1 minute ago, Snatch said:

Personally, I loved Captain Bamf, Captain Triligy, & Captain Nighteyes. You knew they had the APD's back and supported fairness to the players at every opportunity.

I liked Nighteyes back in civ days but he was certainly not universally loved. Yoven too was not liked by many rebels back in the day.  I remember people saying stuff like "oh shit nighteyes connected" when he would join the server :)  

Snatch and SV Paul like this
13 minutes ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

I liked Nighteyes back in civ days but he was certainly not universally loved. Yoven too was not liked by many rebels back in the day.  I remember people saying stuff like "oh shit nighteyes connected" when he would join the server :)  

Nobody says "oh shit" when Ed/Hypanius log in.  They don't have that fear and awe that Durga/Edge/Yoven commanded.  They aren't Captains in anything other than rank.

There is no discipline in the current APD.  There is no power for the Lieutenants to make any improvements.  It is all consolidated in the Captain rank.  Look how that turned out.

blinky likes this

So ive been here for nearly two years and ive seen the following cops as higher ups for who knows how long :

PAINBRINGER (Why the fuck isnt this guy anything higher? Has the best attitude towards having a good time and doing the right thing in asylum.), SneakyAssHiite (Would make an amazing captain, just as bamf did), RevengeX, Quattro, Aabrams, Murmur, Starance ,  Dustrunner (I hate you but you've been a cop since the dinosaurs were alive), Abstand ,  JBDragon,

Why hell havn't any of these people ever been considered? Anyone who has ever applied for a gang, admin, or anything knows hours on asylum may not determine your skill level but it determines your knowledge of the way the place works. You can't understand things in 600 hours that a guy with 6000 hours can.

Edited by Sugarfoot
Zoex likes this
5 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Nobody says "oh shit" when Ed/Hypanius log in.  They don't have that fear and awe that Durga/Edge/Yoven commanded.  They aren't Captains in anything other than rank.

There is no discipline in the current APD.  There is no power for the Lieutenants to make any improvements.  It is all consolidated in the Captain rank.  Look how that turned out.

There's no power for Lieutenants to make any improvements because over half of them are just as bad. 

How can you be trusted to make changes to guidelines when you play the minimum time you need to keep your rank?

Edited by epTic
11 minutes ago, Ranger said:

I think it was partly because they wielded the power of the Hunter HMG now that I think about it, that was probably why people said "oh shit" hehe

rngr likes this