Now I wanted to make this topic just to give my input on the way the staff system works. I feel that the staff usually only do things like comp refunds and look at posts every now and then when they are bored. I understand that it may be a lot of work but there are 30 Admins and 5 Moderators, it doesn't seem too challenging to get it all done. I just hate the constant waits for basic reports or even getting help when someone is mass rdming. This put me off because not too long ago there was someone rdming everyone, like people tend to do sometimes, and he was able to get away with it for many many hours. The only way I can even get an admin is if i see badabing or budbringer on because they usually try to help. Sitting in the teamspeak channel takes ages for someone to respond. I have been sitting in the comp room for hours now with still not a reply.

Unresponsiveness of staff just makes the server so much less enjoyable. The fact that I have to always record, clip, then upload videos, then wait a few days before anything happens is ridiculous.

This is my input and I want to know what everyone else thinks and I want to know if the staff think that the current staff system just doesn't seem to work as well.

PS: I am not trying to start anything I truly just want to try and change the current system because it is so frustrating that I would rather let someone get away with something because reporting them would be way too big of a hassle. 

Edited by Riot INC

You have to keep in mind there are 5 servers. Often times at least 3 of the servers are near full. Thats 300+ people for these admins to try to babysit. Yes, sometimes it takes a while to get something handled but honestly what can you expect? If there wasn't a process I could just scream RDM for a few hours about the last person who pissed me off and get them banned.

Big Bird likes this
3 minutes ago, Jarvo said:

It's a hard job they don't get enough respect as it is! All of them  try and want what's best for the community but they do have a lot to sort out and it's not like they get anything in return. 

I wasn't flaming staff and I don't think it's possible to know the difficulty without being staff. And being a staff is a choice. They do it because they want to. Them not getting anything doesn't make a difference because they could just not be a staff member. No one is forcing them to play you know? And I do respect admins because it takes a lot of work and time to get to where they are.

5 minutes ago, Swifty said:

Admins are people too, they have other things to do than just Asylum.

I never said they didn't. My point is the system is flawed and there has to be a way to make it so people don't sit in teamspeak for hours waiting for help and going through long processes just to get your money back or get support.

5 minutes ago, Clepto O'Malley said:

You have to keep in mind there are 5 servers. Often times at least 3 of the servers are near full. Thats 300+ people for these admins to try to babysit. Yes, sometimes it takes a while to get something handled but honestly what can you expect? If there wasn't a process I could just scream RDM for a few hours about the last person who pissed me off and get them banned.

There are ways to handle things in game and recruit staff as well as limit them to maybe create something lower than moderator so they can handle things in game as well. Staff aren't stupid they won't just ban people without looking into first as well. you screaming RDM would just make them not help you.

Just now, KevinOB said:

The staff on here don't (usually) moderate in game. Unless they get affected by it. They don't want to so they don't.  

Other games and severs staff do. 

Gl getting them to do it here.

Yah this is what was weird to me. I would assume that literally the #1 Altis Life community would have the most active and helpful staff. Many are good it's just to even get in contact with any staff takes forever.

The fact of the matter is, there is a system in place. Is it perfect? Of course not. Suggesting that they add more people to staff positions is not necessarily a solution either. The more people that have that kind of power the more likely it is to be abused by them or exploited by an outside source. In addition, having people on the server or available at all times is a bit hard to do. The chances of getting just one willing and capable candidate that can be available at any one time is slim and that is not even taking into account personal/real life responsibilities.

The fact of the matter is, the majority of players for pc games are centered in relatively few locations. This makes the pool of potential qualified candidates pretty limited, which increases the possibility periods of time with limited to no coverage by admins/moderators.

Bersabee likes this
6 minutes ago, Clepto O'Malley said:

The fact of the matter is, there is a system in place. Is it perfect? Of course not. Suggesting that they add more people to staff positions is not necessarily a solution either. The more people that have that kind of power the more likely it is to be abused by them or exploited by an outside source. In addition, having people on the server or available at all times is a bit hard to do. The chances of getting just one willing and capable candidate that can be available at any one time is slim and that is not even taking into account personal/real life responsibilities.

The fact of the matter is, the majority of players for pc games are centered in relatively few locations. This makes the pool of potential qualified candidates pretty limited, which increases the possibility periods of time with limited to no coverage by admins/moderators.

There are plenty of great candidates that are very active and would be in game a lot. But staff that is recruited just does what the current staff does. So no changes are made.

Also there are a handful of admins that do the bare minimum since they have been around a while and bored with the game.

Again I just want to try and come up with ways we COULD make the staff system better. I get it, people don't always want to play but it shouldn't be hard to have 1 or 2 people always handling things considering how many staff there are and how many people there are that could potentially make great staff. Even if there were tons of staff, I do believe the issue would remain.

1 minute ago, KevinOB said:

There are plenty of great candidates that are very active and would be in game a lot. But staff that is recruited just does what the current staff does. So no changes are made.

Also there are a handful of admins that do the bare minimum since they have been around a while and bored with the game.

I'm not saying their aren't candidates available. What I am saying is finding candidates that are available, willing, and qualified to have the position is a bit harder. Most of the time I see five or six admins on at the same time, playing in the same server or just sitting in the TS. The fact of the matter is, that not a lot of people are going to be super active during the 4 or so hours that the servers are all sitting at around 30 people.

Basically I'm saying that; Yes, there are still plenty of people active during the off peak times. And sure there might be some people who are willing to admin/moderate during that time. But does that make them qualified or responsible enough? Not necessarily. There are a lot of factors that need to be taken into account and just adding more admins or moderators isn't really a solution.

Just now, Clepto O'Malley said:

I'm not saying their aren't candidates available. What I am saying is finding candidates that are available, willing, and qualified to have the position is a bit harder. Most of the time I see five or six admins on at the same time, playing in the same server or just sitting in the TS. The fact of the matter is, that not a lot of people are going to be super active during the 4 or so hours that the servers are all sitting at around 30 people.

Basically I'm saying that; Yes, there are still plenty of people active during the off peak times. And sure there might be some people who are willing to admin/moderate during that time. But does that make them qualified or responsible enough? Not necessarily. There are a lot of factors that need to be taken into account and just adding more admins or moderators isn't really a solution.

I'm not sure if maybe I haven't looked hard enough but the only way to become staff is just to be asked correct? If this is the case then potential canidates literally have no way to try and apply. I don't see that much of an issue with this as long as new staff that are eager flow in. Makes the seniors do less work and manage the lower ranks kind of like being a cop.

I'm not exactly sure about the process of becoming an admin or moderator but if that is the process it makes sense. The current admins would need time to get to know the candidate and make sure they had a good enough understanding of the job duties before even considering them as an option. Having an application process doesn't really work out with that kind of a process.

When you are handing somebody that kind of responsibility and power there has to be a much more involved vetting process, and I really don't think an interview would cut it.

4 minutes ago, Clepto O'Malley said:

I'm not exactly sure about the process of becoming an admin or moderator but if that is the process it makes sense. The current admins would need time to get to know the candidate and make sure they had a good enough understanding of the job duties before even considering them as an option. Having an application process doesn't really work out with that kind of a process.

When you are handing somebody that kind of responsibility and power there has to be a much more involved vetting process, and I really don't think an interview would cut it.

Well your thinking about it in a super basic format like gangs. You can easily make it require certain criteria like recommendations from staff or a certain playtime with 0 strikes and various tests. You can still make becoming staff challenging but at least have a direct route to work toward,

They open up admin applications and people apply. Some applicants were straight up rejected, the more qualified ones were interviewed. This is how the four new moderators were appointed ~2 weeks ago.

Also, I agree that you're not going to get admins moderating in the game unless it affects them. They want to play the game to enjoy it just like everyone else, Nothing wrong with that.

But yeah I agree that having a few guys be support staff that hang around in teamspeak to occasionally help people if people are willing to do that would be cool, would definitely reduce wait times. They wouldn't be able to ban people and would be treated as normal players by the admins, but they could do for exmaple: comp reports. Because comp reports are pretty much submitted by a whole lot of people, so if you have people just dealing with that, it would reduce wait times significantly.

Tusken Raider likes this

(double post?)

Edit: However I can see a problem with having staff dedicated to comp reports.

The way admins do it is they can directly change the money you have in your bank account, or edit your vehicles, etc.
But the way moderators have to do it is to send a bank transfer to you in-game.

So this would mean that the support staff would either have to have access to everyone's garages/banks (I don't think this would happen seeing as they don't trust moderators with this), or they would have to have unlimited money in-game, which could be abused, however if you keep track of the few support staff's transactions, this shouldn't be too bad. As long as they can link a comp request to the money they sent then they should be fine. (Also verifying that the comp requests are valid requests.)

Edited by CyanogenCX
1 hour ago, Skyzero12 said:

I mean i feel like some admins act like they are being punished for being an admin. They chose to be admin on the most popular life server. Thats a pretty cool benefit. they should try to help the community as much as possible and help it flourish not watch go the way its going

I feel the same way. If you don't do your job you volunteer for why be an admin?