Strengthen Orcas Again

Just now, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

If the script was written correctly it would work then....but it would probably take 30+ iterations to work based on previous server bug rate.

I think you misunderstood. There is no option to decrease penetration. There is an option to restore some damage taken to a specific vehicle part each time it takes damage. However you are limited to the hitParts bohemia provides. Namely, hull, fuel, engine, sling, main rotor and tail rotor. There is nothing specifically available for glass.

Assuming there was, this would not give added penetration protection to the glass, simply restore its state.

A similar event handler can be used on the pilot, however this would end up causing more harm that good, while only slightly delaying getting shot out.

It's not a matter of how well the script is written, it's just the limited possibilities of sqf. Ifrit tires are workable because tires are one of the listed hit parts. 

Just now, Buckwalter said:

I think you misunderstood. There is no option to decrease penetration. There is an option to restore some damage taken to a specific vehicle part each time it takes damage. However you are limited to the hitParts bohemia provides. Namely, hull, fuel, engine, sling, main rotor and tail rotor. There is nothing specifically available for glass.

Assuming there was, this would not give added penetration protection to the glass, simply restore its state.

A similar event handler can be used on the pilot, however this would end up causing more harm that good, while only slightly delaying getting shot out.

It's not a matter of how well the script is written, it's just the limited possibilities of sqf. Ifrit tires are workable because tires are one of the listed hit parts. 

I was saying just script a pilot to have more health and take less penetration damage...not impossible but at least take more than 1 shot. Should be easy if you know sqf and handling specific units. WE had a script that gave pilots coveralls when flying, so obviously it's possible to differentiate a pilot unit from the others inside.

Just now, Buckwalter said:

d1T27B0.jpg

12 minutes ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

Well On a real helicopter, they have bullet proof glass that'll catch multiple bullets....and sides that are impenetrable to an ak47's 7.62....so it IS realistic. Plus we're playing a game, and orcas cost over 10% of our money cap.

But in a real situation, there's a actual fear of getting killed.  You would never drop directly on the enemy and also there's no real anti-air in the game so you are completely unchallenged.  Helicopters don't need to be flying tanks so the game is easier for people.

Spank likes this

I was saying just script a pilot to have more health and take less penetration damage...not impossible but at least take more than 1 shot. Should be easy if you know sqf and handling specific units. WE had a script that gave pilots coveralls when flying, so obviously it's possible to differentiate a pilot unit from the others inside.

You want a script to accurately determine when a pilot gets out of a helicopter and to reset his health to base? 

No way that'll ever bug out.  

1 minute ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

But in a real situation, there's a actual fear of getting killed.  You would never drop directly on the enemy and also there's no real anti-air in the game so you are completely unchallenged.  Helicopters don't need to be flying tanks so the game is easier for people.

Dude....we played this game for 2 years and it was so much fun back then, every true rebel would agree. I don't get why people say...oh a game would never work if we had 'xx' feature....yet we had it for 2 years and thrived. smh losers

Just now, epTic said:

You want a script to accurately determine when a pilot gets out of a helicopter and to reset his health to base? 

No way that'll ever bug out.  

Of course it'll bug if Asylum makes it but it's possible to make it correctly if you code it right. That's the point. That's like saying, we should never have housing because it'll bug. Well it bugs worse than anything, or at least did for a year.

Dude....we played this game for 2 years and it was so much fun back then, every true rebel would agree. I don't get why people say...oh a game would never work if we had 'xx' feature....yet we had it for 2 years and thrived. smh losers

Because there's no other game out there like it. 

Look at WoW, there's no other game that's as large scale as it...but it's dying off because they've made it retard proof. 

Edited by epTic

There's always been people who thought the flying tank was a stupid idea.  Plenty of 'true rebels' believe that.

Volunteer281 likes this
Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

There's always been people who thought the flying tank was a stupid idea.  Plenty of 'true rebels' believe that.

What people in a gang wanted weaker orcas? All the loyal gangs used orcas to position and actually use their tactics. This game was better when raw-Aim and tactics meant more than being in a defensive position and having no sway because of camping. 

What people in a gang wanted weaker orcas? All the loyal gangs used orcas to position and actually use their tactics. This game was better when raw-Aim and tactics meant more than being in a defensive position and having no sway because of camping. 

Some of them just used admin cam. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sheriff Rick Grimes likes this
13 minutes ago, Haych said:

I have never seen it put into place when it comes to helicopters. It might work, but it will effect things such as rough landings, shooting back rotors, shooting fuel tanks etc.. Not just the glass.

Not if you just edit the health of the pilot unit.

You store the unit's health upon entering a vehicle in a temp variable, while they are pilot, set health to temp+100. When exit, set it back to (temp - damage in orca) if their new health wont be less than 0. If new health was less than 0, set it to 1, meaning very close to death. Or you can just change the damage modifier while a pilot and not mess with health values.

Edited by 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》
26 minutes ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

Well On a real helicopter, they have bullet proof glass that'll catch multiple bullets....and sides that are impenetrable to an ak47's 7.62....so it IS realistic. Plus we're playing a game, and orcas cost over 10% of our money cap.

Ogre think he means, people don't fear getting shot down by cops before because only 32 or so people had ability to down pilot easy, rest was luck or really well placed shots and Arma physics. In real life, helicopters usually face surface to air missiles which almost guarantee if air space has enemies who are hostile on ground, someone going down in style.

Just now, OgreTV said:

Ogre think he means, people don't fear getting shot down by cops before because only 32 or so people had ability to down pilot easy, rest was luck or really well placed shots and Arma physics. In real life, helicopters usually face surface to air missiles which almost guarantee if air space has enemies who are hostile on ground, someone going down in style.

Yeah I mean realistically no one goes in attacking a cartel so careless like we do in game either. Or robbing a federal reserve with 10 people.

2 minutes ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

Yeah I mean realistically no one goes in attacking a cartel so careless like we do in game either. Or robbing a federal reserve with 10 people.

I mean realistically a bunch of likely poverty stricken under-educated rebels aren't going to know how to use defibrillators either. 

How you gonna defib a 6.5 wound to the forehead though?

also 

02997F54345C76D014E164E93E78813F7D670EC2

??????????????

Edited by epTic
36 minutes ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

Why don't you play rebel Goldberg? You got raped in Tempest. Too hard so you play cop or civilian.

Actually @Goldberg Attorney at Law saved my ass yesterday against 3 rebels with Ak47s. He did some wanted shit curving bullets from the Glock 17. Your argument is invalid. 

26 minutes ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

I believe they can, TO create a modded car you have to specify all the elements, including glass. It seems there would 100% be a way to modify the default orca PBO and change the glass.

If you knew how this worked, Bohemias Models are Binarized, you can not change the LODs of the PBO. Even if you circumvent and Unbin the model, you're not allowed to change their models as its a violation of their policy. 

Bikstok likes this
Just now, Spank said:

Actually @Goldberg Attorney at Law saved my ass yesterday against 3 rebels with Ak47s. He did some wanted shit curving bullets from the Glock 17. Your argument is invalid. 

If you knew how this worked, Bohemias Models are Binarized, you can not change the LODs of the PBO. Even if you circumvent and Unbin the model, you're not allowed to change their models as its a violation of their policy. 

Even Roy Austin got kills on Arma too. EVEN BREZZ GOT KILLS TOO. I've shifted away from arguing with changing vehicle models....just alter the damage a pilot unit receives. Easy.

Just now, epTic said:

Brezz got kills because he was hacking. 

He definitely wasn't hacking. You don't even know why he was banned. He was banned for posting a screenshot of Iniuria's chatbox, but you had to be registered on the site to see the chatbox. He also said he really wanted to hack sometimes but never did. SO yeah, not a fair ban and they know that aswell. To bad he couldn't prove it.

Brezzly likes this
7 minutes ago, epTic said:

I mean realistically a bunch of likely poverty stricken under-educated rebels aren't going to know how to use defibrillators either. 

How you gonna defib a 6.5 wound to the forehead though?

also 

02997F54345C76D014E164E93E78813F7D670EC2

??????????????

What is that picture? IS that saying a mk20c doesn't go through? I can literally show you multiple videos of it happening lol. Especially through the side of the orca.

2 minutes ago, epTic said:

You didn't shoot the pilot out lol, I can promise you that. 

5.56 has a very tiny bit of penetration on the back windows. 

I have shot the pilot out I'm saying. You dumb shit My post says "I've shot pilots out too" past tense...I've done it with 6.5mm, ive done it with 5.56mm I've done it with both. I've done it while stationary, while they're moving, while they're turned to the side. It's possible to shoot  thruough the cockpit glass with a 5.56, 6.5, 7.62, etc.

5 minutes ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

I have shot the pilot out I'm saying. You dumb shit My post says "I've shot pilots out too" past tense...I've done it with 6.5mm, ive done it with 5.56mm I've done it with both. I've done it while stationary, while they're moving, while they're turned to the side. It's possible to shoot  thruough the cockpit glass with a 5.56, 6.5, 7.62, etc.

It's not possible with the 5.56 

6.5 and 7.62, yes. 

5.56, lol no. 

Show us the facts. You're the one proposing the changes, the burden of proof rests on you. 

I can claim shit too, ie ; Hey guys, I think cops should be buffed because I killed a cop with a flare gun. 

Edited by epTic
5 minutes ago, epTic said:

It's not possible with the 5.56 

6.5 and 7.62, yes. 

5.56, lol no. 

Show us the facts. You're the one proposing the changes, the burden of proof rests on you. 

I can claim shit too, ie ; Hey guys, I think cops should be buffed because I killed a cop with a flare gun. 

It is possible. There is a way. Also, shooting the metal part of the cockpit is penetrable by any caliber. If you shoot at angle even a rook could shoot through. I've played for a long time know the tricks aswell. You can even down the pilot by shooting the copilot seet or the tail rotor with downing rounds, but not lethal rounds. And that worked with sting aswell. 

2 minutes ago, epTic said:

That's hella rich coming from you. 

You calling someone retarded is like Sheep calling someone a lag switcher. 

You suck Holy hell lmao. You can't make your mind up. Used to be so pro rebel, always saying how cops suck, how they're op  but you still kill them, you're so good etc. Now you say rebels so op, etc. You arent a fair thinker and you're cancer like other 99% of this community...never trying to see things from both sides.

1 minute ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

You suck Holy hell lmao. You can't make your mind up. Used to be so pro rebel, always saying how cops suck, how they're open but you still kill them, you're so good etc. Now you say rebels so op, etc. You arent a fair thinker and you're cancer like other 99% of this community...never trying to see things from both sides.

Can you write a diss song about me? 

I never said rebels were OP, I said rebels have nearly every advantage their is to have. 

Don't act like making money on rebel is so hard when a good portion of rebels just do a booze run and then play cop as their barrels age for double the money lmfao

Edited by epTic

After playing Aussie Life I don't see myself returning to Altis, the new mod fits my play style perfectly, no more sniping, CQC for days and alot of world pvp. I don't really mind the orca being gone but I will miss the all mighty ifrit, however I think the mod has more to offer and hopefully Paratus will continue to develop mods. 

And RP has returned to the server,except when Gnashes and his crew of "fag hats" left me to fight the cops #rip

Edited by Diseased
Spank likes this