S6 Jail suggestions

I have a few suggestions for cop on Server 6 Aussie life, mainly for the jail.

1) Make it so we can down people in jail, I get why it was made so they have god mode, but when people are trying to evade in jail, or are trying to exploit out, or just any other reason, we cannot down them, and we have to corner them and chase them to restrain them.

2) Be able to reduce people's time in jail, I get you can pardon them, they can re-log etc, but being a new server, some people legitimately have no money, and cannot pay the $1,500, and I feel it would just improve the RP, honestly, being in jail on cop I have had some of the best RP in my entire time on Asylum, it's extremely fun both for us and the civilians, having an option to reduce people's jail time by, for example, 25%, 50% or 75% for good behaviour, or whatever reasoning you want to put on it.

3) Have the cafe actually have food and water in, either a vendor, or just have a scroll wheel option on the actual cafe table itself to "eat ..." or "drink ..." so prison inmates or officers can get food or water if they get close to 0 whilst there.

4) Fix the fact people can escape by literally walking out, an idea to do such are adding a concrete wall the entire way round, filling in the gaps, to ensure even if the wired fences are knocked down it makes 0 difference.

5) Move being able to press plates outside, they can gather the metal outside, but they can only press them inside, which is kind of a lengthy process, very lengthy, and would require us letting them in/out constantly.

if anybody has any more suggestions please feel free to post below or support any suggestions you like, any suggestions I see that people like or I think would actually improve the prison I will add to this original post :)

Edited by Fluxah

1. Add Duct Tape, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I was literally helping prisoners yesterday trying to find duct tape... Guess I wanted to get shanked

2. Add the ability to farm when in the yard, another way to reduce jail time

3. Like Fluxah said, make the prison indestructible, I hate people driving cars into everything and knocking the walls down

4. Make the license plate press into a separate building in the yard

23 minutes ago, Patrick James said:

1. Add Duct Tape, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I was literally helping prisoners yesterday trying to find duct tape... Guess I wanted to get shanked

2. Add the ability to farm when in the yard, another way to reduce jail time

3. Like Fluxah said, make the prison indestructible, I hate people driving cars into everything and knocking the walls down

4. Make the license plate press into a separate building in the yard

Don't add duct tape idk if you have been in jail a lot but trying to press plates to reduce jail time is impossible when all the kavala trolls have shanks

On 3/10/2016 at 10:53 PM, Fluxah said:

I have a few suggestions for cop on Server 6 Aussie life, mainly for the jail.

1) Make it so we can down people in jail, I get why it was made so they have god mode, but when people are trying to evade in jail, or are trying to exploit out, or just any other reason, we cannot down them, and we have to corner them and chase them to restrain them.  

-1.  You can still restrain people and lock them in tiny jail cells or the solitary confinement cells.  That's enough abuse right there, don't need to add shooting the inmates too, though I agree it is a little unrealistic.  If they exploit out, report it...It's not cops job to police the server rules and rule breakers. 

4) Fix the fact people can escape by literally walking out, an idea to do such are adding a concrete wall the entire way round, filling in the gaps, to ensure even if the wired fences are knocked down it makes 0 difference.

I want to hear from the team if this is intentional or not.  I believe this is intentional and I quite like it.  I was able to run right out the front gate when the guard was distracted! And what does it matter if someone does run out?  You get the escape jail bounty added on top of your original bounty

I'd like to see a little more freedom in jail and not have to rely on the prison guards.  Sometimes there's no guards there and it's a long 45 min in the cell block.  Can you even pay your bail or press plates?  lame!

1 hour ago, blinky said:

ok, so first, when people run, you cannot restrain them while they are moving, so you should be able to down them, simple as that.

on your 2nd point, running out of the jail, yes, that is good, if you manage to juke the jail guard or somehow escape and run away, fair play, but when people are exploiting, jumping over fucking buildings and flying 300m in the air to land outside of the prison, or getting friends to knock walls over, then exploiting through a wall to get out into the yard and run away that way, that is what is broken.

Sheriff Rick Grimes likes this

I really like the idea to be able to reduce jail timer, for those who are on prison duty, can restrain someone and have an option to reduce jail timer by X minutes, when this opens up, it tell you how much time they have left and how much time they have served. Would be amazing, and then you have those people that get put in solitary , @Dax , hahaha

Edited by Mayhem