Peacekeeper of the month

Savage.

It would be cool to have officers and civs be able to vote on a Peacekeeper of the month, maybe you see a Constable, Corporal, Sergeant, Lieutenant, or Captain doing some great things to help the integrity of the APD. Maybe taking on multiple Cadets, Responding to a federal event and wiping out a full squad by himself, being a respectable person that’s gives civs breaks, or creating a fun enjoyable RP session with the civs

Civs should be allowed to vote as well like they vote for a Governor, this in hand will entice cops to work with civs on creating a fun and entertaining environment treating all civs with the upmost respect. 

Officers can also vote from one of the NPCs at every headquarter

Peacekeepers Rewards

1. Allow them to have a price decrease on all loadouts they purchase by 50% for the month 

2. Allow them to pull out hunters regardless of rank

3. Be able to use and purchase an MK1 from the store for the month (even though I doubt this would be allowed it would motivate every officer to participate in this as I’ve heard numerous times that officers wish they could use an MK1 in fed events) 

4. Their paychecks should be increased to a certain amount for the month. 

Rules 

1. An officer can’t bribe someone to vote, in my opinion it’s just unethical and doesn’t allow those that truly deserve the peacekeeper of the month to get it 

2. MK1 can only be used during federal events, not during your patrols, warrants, APB, or as an undercover.

3. MK1 can’t be dropped for anyone in the APD and once the fed event is done you must seize the weapon. 

Conclusion

The experience for newer players based on the APD can either make it or break it for them to come back on the server, yes we should take it easy on them but in some cases some officers don’t give a shit about being respectable or kind to newer players. This is a great way to help entice officers to do so, it also gives higher ups the ability to see which officer is proving themselves and make them a good choice for a promotion if they apply. 

Lmk what you guys think

Randoe on yt likes this
1 hour ago, Chris Peacock said:

They already have sgt and lt of the month. This could easily be corrupt. Not a good idea imo 

How do you get SGT & LT of the month? I’ve looked everywhere for these requirements and how they’re met and i can’t find it anywhere, unless only those ranks can see what’s required for it, and only CPT can pick it? Is there any way for any rank to vote on who deserves it? What about CPL or Constable of the month? Are those ranks not significant enough to deserve such things? 

And with the right rule sets and implementations how would this be corrupted? A cop can’t just pay someone to vote as it would make them loose qualifications to peacekeeper of the month. And with the current involvement of the community I doubt any officer can sit longer then 15 mins in a city without a federal event being triggered, initiated by a civ, etc when theirs 90+ players on a daily basis. 

Maybe this whole basis of an idea may not be the best way to go about it, but it would be nice to see a CPL or Constable get peacekeeper/SGT or LT of the month instead of just SGT+ and having the APD as a whole vote upon it

Edited by The Real Savage
Randoe on yt likes this
1 hour ago, The Real Savage said:

How do you get SGT & LT of the month? I’ve looked everywhere for these requirements and how they’re met and i can’t find it anywhere, unless only those ranks can see what’s required for it, and only CPT can pick it? Is there any way for any rank to vote on who deserves it? What about CPL or Constable of the month? Are those ranks not significant enough to deserve such things? 

And with the right rule sets and implementations how would this be corrupted? A cop can’t just pay someone to vote as it would make them loose qualifications to peacekeeper of the month. And with the current involvement of the community I doubt any officer can sit longer then 15 mins in a city without a federal event being triggered, initiated by a civ, etc when theirs 90+ players on a daily basis. 

Maybe this whole basis of an idea may not be the best way to go about it, but it would be nice to see a CPL or Constable get peacekeeper/SGT or LT of the month instead of just SGT+ and having the APD as a whole vote upon it

@Sandwich

Sandwich likes this
3 hours ago, The Real Savage said:

Constables and corporals "of the month" should be getting promoted

5 hours ago, The Real Savage said:

I spent ages brainstorming “rank of the month” on the side making sure it’s fair and not OP. Eventually coming to just SGT and LT for a list of reasons. Many other higher ranking and lower ranking also behind those reasons. 

Right now you get either by just being the best over performing SGT/LT of the month. It’s voted. During the LT meeting, the LTs vote who they think deserves SGT of the month. And is Captains review it. Captains vote LT of the month. 

You get $ and some perks. 

I’ll make a section for it on the Wiki in the APD section when I have the time soon. 

Austin M and Savage. like this
5 hours ago, The Real Savage said:

whatever cop has the biggest most active gang will win it

Randoe on yt likes this
1 hour ago, Lucien said:

Yeah let's promote 1 person to captain a month, totally the same thing as promoting a constable to corporal

Obviously not

Exactly, sounds ridiculous right? Officer of the month has nothing to do with promotions... But of course you'd know better since your in the APD... 

3 minutes ago, The Real Savage said:

Exactly, sounds ridiculous right? Officer of the month has nothing to do with promotions... But of course you'd know better since your in the APD... 

Yes, clearly me not being in the APD on asylum entertainment's altis life roleplay server means that I am not allowed to know that 6 weeks, the time in grade required for corporal, is awfully close to a month, and that someone who shows distinction above their peers for that time period should clearly be given some in game money, rather the promotion they earned by being the best constable during that period. The position of constable of the month would be a consolation prize for not being good enough for corp for that month.

33 minutes ago, Lucien said:

Yes, clearly me not being in the APD on asylum entertainment's altis life roleplay server means that I am not allowed to know that 6 weeks, the time in grade required for corporal, is awfully close to a month, and that someone who shows distinction above their peers for that time period should clearly be given some in game money, rather the promotion they earned by being the best constable during that period. The position of constable of the month would be a consolation prize for not being good enough for corp for that month.

This is the sole reason really why my "rank of the month" idea didnt include Constable or Corporal. Because the main argument was it'd be a slap in the face to whoever got it. Even in a situation where they wouldnt have been promoted anyway, and was just "the best in that rank outside of who got promoted". It would still be seen as embarrassing to some extent most likely. So we just have SGT/LT of the month which has now been successfully running since the start of the year without issues thankfully. Giving the APD Staff extra things to achieve for monthly with perks/rewards. All of which I'll detail publicly on the APD Wiki when I have the chance over the next 24 hours. (All has been approved by multiple Captains/Admins/SAs/Owners over the course of its 2-3 month conception). 

Savage. likes this