Dom gangs/points

8 minutes ago, william said:

either this or i am requesting comp

I feel like the best solution to this is having/implementing/hiring multiple moderators/admins to over watch and look at dom games specifically, we all can agree that this has been an issue for a long time and not to say how many bans have gone through since then thanks to some of the admins that have been present during these doms. Over all everyone has lives to live especially admins/mods/support etc, but if we can't spectate dom matches then maybe we need to hire more individuals (that are obviously trusted) to spectate these matches happen.

6 minutes ago, Savage. said:

I feel like the best solution to this is having/implementing/hiring multiple moderators/admins to over watch and look at dom games specifically, we all can agree that this has been an issue for a long time and not to say how many bans have gone through since then thanks to some of the admins that have been present during these doms. Over all everyone has lives to live especially admins/mods/support etc, but if we can't spectate dom matches then maybe we need to hire more individuals (that are obviously trusted) to spectate these matches happen.

i want this job

Savage. likes this

This isn't really a developer call.
We don't have a development team big enough to go back and retroactively remove Dom wins/money and figure out who should get what. (Even though i try) This isn't the tour de France and were not awarding a gold medal to 75th place due to cheaters.

I can't comment on the current policies regarding scripter association Ect. as I just am not informed enough to know what is consistently being done. That is an administration issue. 

Over the last 5 years admins/inhouse anti cheat have placed on average over 30 bans a day (More because some bans get deleted). 2/3rds of those bans are permanent. 75% of all currently banned players are for scripting/cheating. Its a massive problem and lots of time is dedicated to deal with the issue. It is exceedingly rare to live ban someone. It just takes time to compile evidence and definitively ban someone

Part of the issue is watch anyone long enough and you will get a clip of a weird kill or something unexpected. You have to watch alot of gameplay to build a definitive case against someone. Especially when we are talking about players with thousands of hours on the server. Arma 3 isn't like CSGO where you can see exactly where they were looking in real time. Frankly sometimes its like watching a lag switcher. Arma default spectate is trash and easily detectable by cheaters. It pops them a notification when we are watching. Its simply impossible to have enough staff watching every single player of every second. Even if we had 10 admins flipping thru 50 players it means 4/5ths of the time they can cheat. It's counter intuitive but the more admins you have the harder it becomes to reach a consensus on who is cheating. Ive seen multi day debates surrounding 15 second clips. Trust me the admins are active and trying. Even if you can't see their main account on dom. In the end Battle-eye can't catch these people with root access to their PC. An Admin with a terrible spectate tool flipping between 30-50 players isn't moving the needle much. Asylum developers are doing what we can to automate bans and point out suspicious patterns. We all dislike cheaters but a game from 2006 isn't going to be cheater free.

All i can say is historically we get them eventually. Either battle-eye detects them or we do. 

Savage. likes this