Opinions on my flying (Amateur Pilot)

1 minute ago, AndrewFam said:

If u dont use them u have to tilt the orca sideways to pull it round. If you do that and use rudder pedals u can turn and loose speed very quickly. Look on this video, thats how i land anyway ;) there are other ways of doing it but this is how i feel is the best :) 

Wow man your quite a good pilot :D, do you use keyboard or mouse (or both?)  

And are the 14k guys still kicking around?

AndrewFam likes this
6 hours ago, Eazy said:

good-landing-

(http://plays.tv/video/5709390a88e17b6c8e/good-landing-)

I ain't to good of a pilot, just wondering if I could get some tips if possible please!

First if you use mouse and keyboard which I hope you are because I don't see you mentioned anything about your mouse......best way to hot land is holding z to lower either your q or e depending on which way your coming in (your rotor) and then hit s and use your mouse to flip that shit around. 

Easy....but practice, because it takes a while to get the balance right and also when you come around with your S key learn to finesse the mouse or your nose will point up and you'll lose the downward motion. 

Also when you fly hold Shift (your upward collective) won't be so scary riding against the ground like that. 

and yes Q and E are your friend, get used to them! 

Just now, Jessie Slaughter said:

First if you use mouse and keyboard which I hope you are because I don't see you mentioned anything about your mouse......best way to hot land is holding z to lower either your q or e depending on which way your coming in (your rotor) and then hit s and use your mouse to flip that shit around. 

Easy....but practice, because it takes a while to get the balance right and also when you come around with your S key learn to finesse the mouse or your nose will point up and you'll lose the downward motion. 

Also when you fly hold Shift (your upward collective) won't be so scary riding against the ground like that. 

Ah ok, Thanks man!

1 minute ago, Jessie Slaughter said:

Just the way I learned and I learned from the best pilots in the game

I taught myself, and after 1000 hours of flying i've come to that conclusion ;) obviously its better to just learn one way for the muscle memory but not every way works in all situations 

Edited by AndrewFam
1 hour ago, AndrewFam said:

If u dont use them u have to tilt the orca sideways to pull it round. If you do that and use rudder pedals u can turn and loose speed very quickly. Look on this video, thats how i land anyway ;) there are other ways of doing it but this is how i feel is the best :) 

@Eazy listen to what this guy has to say because he's hands down the best pilot I've ever seen and watching him has helped me improve my orca flying a hell of a lot :wub: @AndrewFam

13 hours ago, Jessie Slaughter said:

Oh god...you giving advice on piloting. 

4 minutes ago, AndrewFam said:

Yeh xD I practice on Olympus against them shitters or on a French koth as its only 60 players so good fps 

Yeah, I was practicing last night on my NMD server just myself, getting around 50-60 fps. I'm going to try it later in KoTH to see how it works while in some of the worst circumstances like being shot at from everywhere and things like that.

AndrewFam likes this
41 minutes ago, Eazy said:

Yeah, I was practicing last night on my NMD server just myself, getting around 50-60 fps. I'm going to try it later in KoTH to see how it works while in some of the worst circumstances like being shot at from everywhere and things like that.

Spawn in loads of Ai below the tower with zafirs and stuff on NMD XD

Assign a target to land don't just think hm where should i land.

Stabilize if you are not so good as a pilot from a 1km distance.

Good pilot stabilize at 500 meters.

Do not hold shift when going in for a landing and make sure you come from an angle. ( 90 degrees is quite fine )

Make good use of Q,E and Z.

Worry about your main rotor not your helicopters wheels and/or hull

Let people stfu when you try to land so you can focus. I know a lot of gangs who start complaining like OMG we're going to die to a pilot or pressure them unecesarrily

Know when to gtfo. When you are going to be dropping on Asylum you better be worrying about getting tapped out people are legit shots here.

When iniating a landing do not be over 200 km/ph

Do not get scared of damage on your helicopter besides from  ATRQ damage ( Yellow = ok  Red = Ok for good pilots/ a big no for bad pilots ), ENG damage ( Orange: Gtfo or die Red: You are lucky your engine survived just get out as fast as possible. ) or MTRQ damage.  ( Orange: Get out Red: Lucky get out b4 you are done for. )

Use your belly in your advantage. Your orca belly is unkillable.

Fool the enemies by landing in the co pilot and surviving taps on the pilot seat.

30 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

Assign a target to land don't just think hm where should i land.

Stabilize if you are not so good as a pilot from a 1km distance.

Good pilot stabilize at 500 meters.

Do not hold shift when going in for a landing and make sure you come from an angle. ( 90 degrees is quite fine )

Make good use of Q,E and Z.

Worry about your main rotor not your helicopters wheels and/or hull

Let people stfu when you try to land so you can focus. I know a lot of gangs who start complaining like OMG we're going to die to a pilot or pressure them unecesarrily

Know when to gtfo. When you are going to be dropping on Asylum you better be worrying about getting tapped out people are legit shots here.

When iniating a landing do not be over 200 km/ph

Do not get scared of damage on your helicopter besides from  ATRQ damage ( Yellow = ok  Red = Ok for good pilots/ a big no for bad pilots ), ENG damage ( Orange: Gtfo or die Red: You are lucky your engine survived just get out as fast as possible. ) or MTRQ damage.  ( Orange: Get out Red: Lucky get out b4 you are done for. )

Use your belly in your advantage. Your orca belly is unkillable.

Fool the enemies by landing in the co pilot and surviving taps on the pilot seat.

Cheers for the tips fozzy :)