Abusing robberies; legal rdm?

Hello all, my name is Foolie. I play under a variety of names. I am fairly new to this community, but a long time player of RP servers (GMOD, Rust, Arma 2) For the most part, most players I have encountered under hostile circumstances have not been total dicks. I have complied, as well as been on both ends of a robbery encounter. I don't know how serious this server takes RP or RDM, or their stance on groups of players ruining the experience of other players just because certain rules allow them to do so. So maybe this post will just be brushed aside, but I feel the need to voice my concern on this topic either way.

There have been a few people I have encountered who I feel abuse the robberies to just RDM other players. I will not name names, as I do not have evidence to support this, nor am I sure of the forums stance on witch hunting.

RP wise, a random robbery is done by the lowest of criminals to acquire the money on a players person, or a thought out robbery to target a rich player or farmer who has just sold their gathered products at their respected markets. A robber has a gun, tell's the player to put their hands up, gives them time to do so while the player can attempt to reason with said robber, then the victim will either be robbed or try to get out of the situation. Leaving the robber to flee or kill his victim. 9.99/10 the robber kills his victim. Which is not a robber's end goal at all, they want money not to kill someone.

But I have witnessed as well as been a victim of players attempting to rob a player, giving them the hands up command, and if the player doesn't instantly put their hands up or moves slightly, they are gunned down. It seems to me, either these players are just attempting to rob as many players as fast as possible to get as much money as they can without wasting their time, or they are just trying to kill people with the excuse of a robbery. Either way I don't consider that "good" RP, if anything it is just legal RDM. These people seem to mainly do this at non peak hours, when there are few admins and police online, at least in my experience.

Here is a scenario which I just experienced an hour or so ago on server 4. I was about to sell my diamonds but ran into some players who I know abuse robberies, so I drove away, waited, parked my vehicle a few streets down, and ran my diamonds back and forth, selling and depositing the money as I did so. 15 minutes later, I was going to log off, so I went to the gas station where I saw those players again robbing and killing people. I quickly parked my car ran in and stored my car, they then followed me, said hands up and shot me within seconds. I then spawned in the same city, they called me by name, knew I just spawned, and "robbed" me anyway killing me in seconds for not complying. This happened another couple times before they drove off. They knew I didn't have money, but they still wanted the opportunity for me to not comply and kill me, or to comply and be subject to their abuse which I could only imagine what that would entail.

This is not good RP in my eyes. I recognize it was not good RP on my part for not complying, but I was getting off arma and also knew these players were dicks and didn't want to deal with them. I am very interested in hearing from other players regarding this issue, so please leave a comment. It would be very informative for me. Am I just over reacting? Or do other players feel the same?

I know it was a long post but I thank those who took the time to read it, and those who comment.

These servers are not build for quality roleplay, it's more of a balance between gathering money and fighting people, occasionally there is some roleplay but at what quality is completely random.

The reason people are abusing the robbery system is because it's the quickest non bannable way to kill someone.

This won't be punished or changed due the goals of asylum not being forcing on roleplay.

• When you want to kill someone as quickly as possible, you yell out "Hands up or i will shoot" which continues to make him either surrender or grasp a chance of living by running away. Either way he'll end up dead.
  • Roleplay is hard to improve because it comes from every single player in our community and simply not everyone wants to do that.
  • The best roleplay you will probably see is at a kidnapping, a planned roleplay scene, or someone trying to defend himself against the law once caught.

If you're looking for quality roleplay with random people you'll find on asylum, asylum might not be for you because sadly we don't have that.

The best you can do though is find yourself in a overpowering situation and then roleplay, be the robber and turn the situation into roleplay rather than a hit and run.

Turn yourself in instead of being caught by the APD, this will make them more interested in your story.

Other than that, i wish it was better mate but we can't do anything about it.

If someone doesn't give you enough time to react or kills you after you have complied with their demands then it's considered RDM.

It doesn't sound like any rules were broken from your story' date=' just sounds like you were the victim of a couple of scumbags :([/quote']

I think he's asking for rules to be stricter on the situation. A guy today robbed me 7 times within 5 minutes, killing me each time. "Hands up!!!" *hands go up* *shoots me* I mean I got my own on him later, stole his car, killed him and robbed him. But the point is, People are just looking to kill people, finding a way through the RDM loophole.

Another popular one; "Give me a number between 1-10" "7" "Wrong, dead" Don't get me wrong, we all really want to kill that certain guy; maybe for robbing us earlier, or his rp is irritating you and you need a reason to kill him; but it should be more roleplay. I understand this is hard from an admins point of view, but really more rp encouragement and a couple stricter guidelines should do it.

I think he's asking for rules to be stricter on the situation. A guy today robbed me 7 times within 5 minutes' date=' killing me each time. "Hands up!!!" *hands go up* *shoots me* I mean I got my own on him later, stole his car, killed him and robbed him. But the point is, People are just looking to kill people, finding a way through the RDM loophole.

Another popular one; "Give me a number between 1-10" "7" "Wrong, dead" Don't get me wrong, we all really want to kill that certain guy; maybe for robbing us earlier, or his rp is irritating you and you need a reason to kill him; but it should be more roleplay. I understand this is hard from an admins point of view, but really more rp encouragement and a couple stricter guidelines should do it.[/quote']

If someone kills you after you have complied report them, it's RDM.

I also banned someone for the stupid "guess what number im thinking of" game. If your demand isn't reasonable then afaic it's still RDM. If not well we might as well tell people to fly or die. Oh you don't have wings? BAM.

If someone kills you after you have complied report them' date=' it's RDM.

I also banned someone for the stupid "guess what number im thinking of" game. If your demand isn't reasonable then afaic it's still RDM. If not well we might as well tell people to fly or die. Oh you don't have wings? BAM.[/quote']

See, I wish these rules were incredibly outlined, because even people who don't really break rules, like some DHM members on Stratis don't understand basic things like this. To be honest, I didn't know you weren't allowed to do the guess the number thing either. Some guy who is also a cop told me that it is basically a loophole, and a bit silly but allowed.

What about if I were to say, sing a Taylor Swift song, and I'll let you go, and they refuse to. Would that be rdm? I assume not, since if they comply they would be released, and it is a reasonable request and they can reason with me if they prefer some beatles, or heavy metal you know?

See' date=' I wish these rules were incredibly outlined, because even people who don't really break rules, like some DHM members on Stratis don't understand basic things like this. To be honest, I didn't know you weren't allowed to do the guess the number thing either. Some guy who is also a cop told me that it is basically a loophole, and a bit silly but allowed.

What about if I were to say, sing a Taylor Swift song, and I'll let you go, and they refuse to. Would that be rdm? I assume not, since if they comply they would be released, and it is a reasonable request and they can reason with me if they prefer some beatles, or heavy metal you know?[/quote']

You can make people sing if you want, sure. If they don't know the lyrics you should let them look them up on "their cellphones" or choose another song though, killing someone for not knowing the lyrics would be pretty silly.

Sending a Message to Sojobo throught the Forum saying Hands up or Die!

I see Sojobo Right in front of me waiting 5 seconde to comply

Didnt Comply. Kill sojobo!

Sojobo Bans me for RDM

making a Ban Appeal saying I initiated throught Forum

Sojobo get rekt!

End of the Story

The story is fake FYI ;3

I REKT YOU SOJO

You can make people sing if you want' date=' sure. If they don't know the lyrics you should let them look them up on "their cellphones" or choose another song though, killing someone for not knowing the lyrics would be pretty silly.[/quote']

Obviously, I tell them to youtube the lyrics and sing along, on their 'devices' and it gets pretty funny. Haven't came across really anyone who doesn't sing though, so I'd just let them go. I don't really do that often unless I have a grudge against them for other reasons.

But, I still think the rules do need to be underlined a lot more.

If someone doesn't give you enough time to react or kills you after you have complied with their demands then it's considered RDM.

It doesn't sound like any rules were broken from your story' date=' just sounds like you were the victim of a couple of scumbags :([/quote']

When did this change? I've been off and on the past few months, but about 3-4 months ago there was a thread about RDM. I specifically remember it saying that even though you have complied, your fate still lies in the hand of the gunman. So if you yell hands up, rob them and they have no money and in turn pisses you off because they are broke, you can't shoot them now?

Can we get an outline on the RDM rules?

So what you're saying is if people are following the rules, I should never be killed in asylum as long as I comply? So, long as I comply, report every single time I get killed. (aside from red zones).

When did this change? I've been off and on the past few months' date=' but about 3-4 months ago there was a thread about RDM. I specifically remember it saying that even though you have complied, your fate still lies in the hand of the gunman. So if you yell hands up, rob them and they have no money and in turn pisses you off because they are broke, you can't shoot them now?

Can we get an outline on the RDM rules?

So what you're saying is if people are following the rules, I should never be killed in asylum as long as I comply? So, long as I comply, report every single time I get killed. (aside from red zones).

[/quote']

Yes it was changed a little while back, however we seem to have lost the thread outlining those changes since the forum was reset. Basically - if you comply with someone, they must come up with a new demand, so - if someone tells you to put your hands up and you do so in a timely fashion, you are then exempt from being shot - if someone shoots you after complying it is considered RDM and yes, you should report it.

Yes it was changed a little while back' date=' however we seem to have lost the thread outlining those changes since the forum was reset. Basically - if you comply with someone, they must come up with a new demand, so - if someone tells you to put your hands up and you do so in a timely fashion, you are then exempt from being shot - if someone shoots you after complying it is considered RDM and yes, you should report it.[/quote']

No..the thread clearly stated you can then make up an RP Reason to kill them.

I know' date=' but saying "Oh you don't have any money, that's unfortunate." or something along the lines of that, and then shooting them is RDM or no? As long as you announce to them the reason they're being killed?[/quote']

"Oh you don't have any money, that's unfortunate." Doesn't tell them they're going to die. You need to make hostile intent clear, if it's money you're after you could try marching them to an ATM. Obviously you have no idea how much is in their bank so who knows how much, if any, money they'll pull from it. Have fun with it - if someones complying there's no need to kill them. I realise alot of people like to kill everyone they see and be assholes, but you can have a lot of fun if you actually RP on the RP server, trust me.

Enslave them, make them gather drugs for you, make them do pushups, make them sing, do whatever you want with them.

But yes, if you wish to be an asshole you can come up with a mundane reason and kill them, just make it clear why you're killing them.

I see what you're getting at, and I would RP more with people I'm robbing, but anybody can be a bounty hunter with my bounty and just restrain me when I let my guard down just a little. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it happens more than you think.

For example, I was fuckin off on top of the ATM building in Kavala, threatening I'd jump off and shit, you know, shit Kavalians like, and some bounty hunter just runs up behind me, restrains me, and makes a B-Line to the courthouse I had like a 1k bounty too, that feature has legit ruined the RP for me :(. Being a rebel and talking to civs is nearly impossible now, as we're hated almost as much as the cops.

Firstival, Killing someone on sight isnt RDM to me and i dont report It, what if Just pissed Then of? They need to text me i pissed Them of and they will kill me? If i were robbing People, i woud rather shot Them in the leg First. Maybe someone want to roleplay crazy man who killes everyone without a doubt? Well, there is a jail for that, but max 10 minutes are lame.

Firstival' date=' Killing someone on sight isnt RDM to me and i dont report It, what if Just pissed Then of? They need to text me i pissed Them of and they will kill me? If i were robbing People, i woud rather shot Them in the leg First. Maybe someone want to roleplay crazy man who killes everyone without a doubt? Well, there is a jail for that, but max 10 minutes are lame.[/quote']

You can be passive about getting killed all you like, but if you turn around and start doing that kind of thing to other people and they report it, you'll land yourself a ban. Please refer to the server rules here - http://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/forum/administration-development/announcements/91-server-rules

ill give my 2 cents since i rob a lot of people in kavala

i usually drive around on a route looking for people to rob, if i see someone ill go up to them and tell them to put their hands up blah blah, usually they will just try to run their mouth and stall, i give people 5 seconds to put their hands up before they get shot, if you play into their stall games they usually have some friends trying to kill you or have APD on the way, its safer for the robber to kill them if they are messing around.

i only kill on a successful robbery if they have a gun that I know about, because the second i'm walking away they will try and shoot.

and if your concerned about it being unfair or whatever the robbers are at just as much risk as being killed as the victims are that are being robbed, since the robber has to initiate there is a big chance the victim can pull a gun or have a friend with a gun, thats why sudden movements can get you killed.

Firstival' date=' Killing someone on sight isnt RDM to me and i dont report It, what if Just pissed Then of? They need to text me i pissed Them of and they will kill me? If i were robbing People, i woud rather shot Them in the leg First. Maybe someone want to roleplay crazy man who killes everyone without a doubt? Well, there is a jail for that, but max 10 minutes are lame.[/quote']

4dad2d006aec22cbee56d3f69e3e295f13152cd09ee59e545cb1dea22eca2a2c.jpg

If someone kills you after you have complied report them' date=' it's RDM.

I also banned someone for the stupid "guess what number im thinking of" game. If your demand isn't reasonable then afaic it's still RDM. If not well we might as well tell people to fly or die. Oh you don't have wings? BAM.[/quote']

Everyone does that to me on a daily basis. They say "hands up" and I do, then they rob me and shoot me in the head. Even tho I complied.

Even bigger "clans" on a server does that. For example everyone in the AI clan on server 1. And some TS members.

Sure, i will gladly explain.

You can be passive about getting killed all you like' date=' but if you turn around and start doing that kind of thing to other people and they report it, you'll land yourself a ban. Please refer to the server rules here - [url']http://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/forum/administration-development/announcements/91-server-rules

Admin made it pretty clear you are in the wrong. The fact your still arguing it lends merit to:

You are unable to comprehend what a staff member is telling you. Or refuse to accept something that has been established as "fact"

Ergo: Advanced Stupid.

Your argument should have ended once the admin clarified the rules and how they would proceed in judging said situation.