Switching Roles

Leady

If you switch from role to role and get the black screen that says "You have recently played a different role and must wait before switching, Please return to lobby" You must return to lobby and wait the 7 minutes. If you attempt to circumnavigate this screen by suicide or any other means it will glitch and wipe your bank account. I've seen an increased number of compensation reports recently for this. Just return to lobby and wait. The screen was designed to prevent meta-gaming. 

That being said there is a grace period immediately after a server restart if you load into the incorrect role you do have time to switch without penalty.

Since I don't have anything else to add, here is a picture of an adorable puppy.

super-cute-puppy-look-awww-photo.jpg

iFox, Reco, bunni and 10 others like this

There should be a kick back system that doesnt put you on a timer unless you log in the game. The way the system would detect if you logged in would be that as soon as a player is loaded into the actual game - its auto synced. Once synced the player has a 15 minute cool down from switching between factions.

Not that i give a fuck tho cause i dont play anything but rebel.

Crossfade likes this
Just now, |Cam| said:

Move this to 5 min? I mean 5 is rp time.

reason behind this is because people would be on civ and see in sidechat etc etc that people are running drugs and go on cop and bust them. vice versa on cop get killed by drug runners and get on civ with their gang and go rob them.. so the 5min timer is pointless in this situation

how ever i think that if someone is ingame running around then they get locked but if they log in and dont move the timer shouldnt be there. would also help the people who are not white listed from being blocked from civ for 7min if they load in by accident on cop.. same for people who load in on medics.

Edited by CrossFade
Just now, CrossFade said:

reason behind this is because people would be on civ and see in sidechat etc etc that people are running drugs and go on cop and bust them. vice versa on cop get killed by drug runners and get on civ with their gang and go rob them.. so the 5min timer is pointless in this situation

I think it's meant there should be a "logged in for 5 minutes" to lock in your role. accidentally jumping into the wrong side for .2 seconds and having to wait 7 minutes is atrocious. That would effectually give the best of both worlds, if you're playing cop and want to switch to metagame rob or vice-versa you'd still have to wait since you've been on a given side for much longer than 5 minutes, and your role is locked.

Akula, |Cam| and Crossfade like this
51 minutes ago, Ghost0fDawn said:

I think it's meant there should be a "logged in for 5 minutes" to lock in your role. accidentally jumping into the wrong side for .2 seconds and having to wait 7 minutes is atrocious. That would effectually give the best of both worlds, if you're playing cop and want to switch to metagame rob or vice-versa you'd still have to wait since you've been on a given side for much longer than 5 minutes, and your role is locked.

Yes please. I've seen this work perfectly on other servers, don't see why it wouldn't work here. Maybe have it be 1-2 minutes instead of 5, but the concept is great.

• 1 month later...