Arma 3 new graphics and lighting

I have pieced together a couple time-lapse shots showing off the new lighting engine coming for Apex, currently available in the dev branch. The game really does look dramatically different once you get around.

Additionally, after 3 long years, the Altian government has finally put funding into repainting the MSR. 

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/510405113899625549/2A3580AC6DF0839DB3473357DF2CD9AAF857CD4F/

And who doesn't love the rainbow?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/510405794960073980/DCFF2C59378C43213F00F1A98B4A4640B9FC5E2B/

Enclave likes this
Just now, Ghost0fDawn said:

Except DayZ is a bankrupt snail crawl with worse framerates than KOTH and more broken features than the 2016 election candidates. While Arma 3 has had constant support and improvements, here's just to hoping at this rate we see 64bit Arma 4

DayZ is a smaller team and I'm not going to complain about a game in Alpha. It specifically warns you it could be in alpha stage for years and if you buy you take risk. I still play it and keep constant 30 fps in city's and cant wait till .60. But it does have its problems but not going to complain its in Alpha and I was aware of that when I bought it.

2 hours ago, Distinct said:

DayZ is a smaller team and I'm not going to complain about a game in Alpha. It specifically warns you it could be in alpha stage for years and if you buy you take risk. I still play it and keep constant 30 fps in city's and cant wait till .60. But it does have its problems but not going to complain its in Alpha and I was aware of that when I bought it.

People really believe it's alpha after like 3 years? It'll never get better. 

Ghost0fDawn likes this
3 hours ago, Andrew said:

R.I.P fps

*eyeroll* No. There's really no difference on FPS. Yes things like water reflections may be slightly more taxing as it is a new feature being generated, but ultimately performance is going to be the same. It's merely the way light is generated and rendered in a scene. Besides, multiplayer FPS has always been shit.