I think that for any sort of drug in the server the charge for the drug should increase with the amount you have rather then just 1 charge. For example you would get a 5k charge for having 100 Meth and a 5k ticket for having 1 Meth. The price should increase depending on how much they have on them when you add a drug charge you add how much of the drug they had and it would automatically give an amount according to the amount of drugs.

So more money hungry cops play ? and people start camping drug fields ? ... hmmm how about no thank you,

i like it the way it is honestly if you catch someone doing drugs and charge them with it they can still come up with a good RP story to entertain you, but if you just slam on like a 50k increase to their bounty it demoralizes their will to RP at all just feels like you're out there for the money instead of RP 

9 minutes ago, Teddy said:

So more money hungry cops play ? and people start camping drug fields ? ... hmmm how about no thank you,

i like it the way it is honestly if you catch someone doing drugs and charge them with it they can still come up with a good RP story to entertain you, but if you just slam on like a 50k increase to their bounty it demoralizes their will to RP at all just feels like you're out there for the money instead of RP 

Well 50k is a little exesive maybe have a cap on how high it can get i just don't like the fact somebody can have 1 drug and have the same fine as somebody with so much more.

16 minutes ago, Pentax said:

It's fine as it is, if you invest time you'll be capped as cop no matter wat, so whats the point?

I'm not talking about to do with money that was not the point of this post I just thought of the fact that your going to be charged with more if you have more drugs. It makes sense just think about it.

Just now, WilliamS said:

I'm not talking about to do with money that was not the point of this post I just thought of the fact that your going to be charged with more if you have more drugs. It makes sense just think about it.

No it makes 0 sense, the amount he gets charged with is fine as it is... Why trying to scew someone over by charging him more and forcing him to be sent to jail cause he has no money to pay ticket? Most of the time vehicle seizure, drug seizure and the ticket he gets is more than enough. Why? Because he just wasted all that time collecting the drugs for them to be just seized. I literally don't see any other reason to increase the charge payment amount, the only valid reason is for you to try to get more money out of it.

Well it's good and bad, I believe it should scale off of how much drugs the person has, it's like that in real life after all. The more drugs you're caught with the higher the ticket will be, small possession of marijuana for example in the US has be decriminalized and is more of a parking ticket that you can pay off. However if you're caught with excess of 1 ounce or more it can correlate to "possession with the intent to distribute" which is a much serious crime and fine.

Your idea is good William but the execution could use some tweaking, something more along the lines of;

1. 1-5 drugs  - 5k

2. 6 -10 drugs or less - 10k

3. 11 - 20 drugs - 15k

4. 21 - 30 drugs - 20k 

And so on.

This would make having larger quantities harder to explain and small amounts easier to RP out of by saying you're an addict and use it for personal use :D

1 hour ago, Teddy said:

Just to touch on your comment. You says cops are being money hungry because of a potential increase in a ticket, but then you say civilians are only willing to RP if there is a chance for them to get a reduced ticket (keep more of their money). You talk about RP, but only if one side gets/saves more money will they RP. How about you just RP every situation regardless of money amount.

Regarding the original post. If anything this suggestion is more RP oriented because its adding more detail to a situation which is what RP is about. A small drug runner gets a lesser punishment whereas a full on gang gets the full extent of the law. So, to sum this up you can already do this as an officer. You can't increase the amount but you are allowed to reduce the price of a ticket as much as you want. It sucks they will still have to spend the same amount of time in jail, but at least you gave them a chance.

Side note just to clarify what William was saying is not really increase the amount you get charged for a drug but rather make it where when adding the charge a smaller fine can be put on people with smaller quantities. I assume so that way if they can't pay they don't spend as much time in jail.

WilliamS likes this