EMT Ocean Rescue Suggestions

I realize this is something that would have a limited scope of effectiveness and wouldn't be a priority, but I've probably come across 20 people dead in the water (All but one of them were from Kavala) in the last week. Some from glitching when they load onto their boats, some when they are diving just offshore and drown/robbed for their gear. If they die in shallow water -- in their boat or otherwise -- it's a simple matter of wading out there a few feet and defibbing them underwater. But anyone out more than 25 meters is pretty much a goner, because not only do we have to swim to their position, we have to dive as well. We are as likely to die as they are in the case of diving.

• So I know this is a long shot, but I'd love it if we had boat of some kind available. If it went through, I'd rather pay a high cost for the boat up front and have a cheap fee to pull it out of the garage, as it will have limited use, generally. 
  • I'd also love a way for EMTs to survive a bit longer underwater, be that as a talent, gear, etc. 
  • And this was suggested in the EMT Whitelist suggestion topic; but a way for medics to move unconscious bodies would be awesome, on land and in the ocean. 

Again, I realize it's a long shot, just wanted to put it out there, as I've been thinking about it for a few days.

Edited by blaylocke
Gubber Flexx, Akula and Heidelberg like this

I know I'm a broken record with this, but I just experienced the prime example of why this would really be great for EMTs.

Got a call, flew there. On the map at first glance it looked like the fellow might be dead on the platform, but when I got closer I knew he'd be underwater. Just wanted to see how far down it actually was -- I wouldn't have even made it to him, let alone been able to return to the surace. When I came back up, his friend explained that when he tried to load into his boat, he pushed it into the dock (if I remember correctly) and it went kablooey. He didn't have video of it, but I think it's a pretty safe bet. These guys wont probly bother with comps, because they don't record, but I could have at least saved him the cost of his gear, otherwise. 

I run into something like this at least once a day playing as an EMT. I'd sure love to be able to pull out a boat with a re-breather (and maybe swim gear) already inside, per The Reaper's suggestion. Again, I know it's low priority, but I think this would pair excellently with the other recent medic suggestions here:

Big Bird likes this
On 5/7/2016 at 0:01 PM, blaylocke said:

I realize this is something that would have a limited scope of effectiveness and wouldn't be a priority, but I've probably come across 20 people dead in the water (All but one of them were from Kavala) in the last week. Some from glitching when they load onto their boats, some when they are diving just offshore and drown/robbed for their gear. If they die in shallow water -- in their boat or otherwise -- it's a simple matter of wading out there a few feet and defibbing them underwater. But anyone out more than 25 meters is pretty much a goner, because not only do we have to swim to their position, we have to dive as well. We are as likely to die as they are in the case of diving.

• So I know this is a long shot, but I'd love it if we had boat of some kind available. If it went through, I'd rather pay a high cost for the boat up front and have a cheap fee to pull it out of the garage, as it will have limited use, generally. 
  • I'd also love a way for EMTs to survive a bit longer underwater, be that as a talent, gear, etc. 
  • And this was suggested in the EMT Whitelist suggestion topic; but a way for medics to move unconscious bodies would be awesome, on land and in the ocean. 

Again, I realize it's a long shot, just wanted to put it out there, as I've been thinking about it for a few days.

http://boards.420chan.org/qq/src/1458189640146.jpg