How to use the *semi-new* house selling function

I often see threads on the forum about player-to-player house sales.

With market listing for houses being fixed, I thought I would explain how this works.

When you list your house on the market via the usual 'hit sell, type market sale price', other players will now be able to find your house on the map by going to a home improvement store in any town and using the scroll option "Locate homes for sale".

It will mark every house for sale on the map, in this fashion: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/447358114672595526/258BCFC4F3F2CD3F340FAD3FBE329BEA35960CD1/

When a player buys your market-listed house, your bank balance will be immediately updated if you are ingame, however, if you are offline or on another server it will be sent to your Asylum Exchange mailbox. You may simply go to any AE location and access the mailbox to claim your moneys. Also when logging in, you may see a message 'there are items waiting for you in your AE mail'.

This may limit the need for forum-advertisements of house sales.

Edited by KBW
Just now, Boris said:

Does the server need to restart to add marks to houses put on the market during that restart? 

Nope.

I suppose if you had markers active, and someone just added a house to the market, then you would need to return to home improvement and reload the markers.

11 hours ago, Scott said:

So if I buy something on the market it goes to my mailbox and there's unlimited time to claim it, no expiring or shit? That's pretty awesome.

Items and money in your mailbox will never expire. Offers on the exchange will expire after 72 hours, to prevent 19346491274 offers with undesirable prices making it harder to find good offers.

Scott likes this