Nice RDM, officer.

ProjectGemini

Pellet Gun, Airsoft guns look like a direct replica if you are waving that around the streets you're going to get shot, even here in the UK armed units will be called to deal with you... Maybe not pull right up next to the kid and open fire I agree that situation could of been handled alot better park away take cover shout demands etc, but you know you're defiantly asking for police attention when you are waving a gun around the streets.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2014/nov/26/cleveland-video-tamir-rice-shooting-police

They told him to put his hands up and didn't give him time to comply :(

But the admi- err prosecutor won't charge him' date=' and instead sabotaged their own grand jury trial. [/quote']

It's a sad outcome but the officer was in the right. Where was this kid's mother beating the crap out of him for waving a pellet gun that looked just like a real gun around in a public park?

Let's add that very classy slaying of a 55 year old woman and the 19 year old as well to that list.. It's a very stressful position but shoot first ask questions later is common it seems.

Multiple people to blame, the parents, cops, and convenience stores that sell those things for pretty cheap.. Here you go folks, 38$ and you can be on the wrong end of a kill happy cop to put you down. Fucks sake, "PUT THE GUN DO-" unloads the entire clip before he finishes that sentence.. Good fucking job cop.

I don't think the officers are in the right on this one. They killed him in two seconds, there's no way they properly accessed what was going on and me personally, going into a situation like that I would be thinking there is a possibility that it's a toy gun. Does it have anything to do with him being black? Fuck no, people who think that do not look at facts. But it is very reasonable to say the police officers acted way too fast and were trigger happy.

Atmosphere likes this

If you hesitate, you die on that job. It is easy to say that "you should be trained to assess" or "they didn't have sufficient time to assess the situation" but all you need to remember is a simple fact. You look over and there is an object looking exactly like a gun pointed at you by a individual approaching you on a job where people kill you just for wearing the uniform that you wear. There is no time to stop and think about it. Either you shoot or you die.

I don't think the officers are in the right on this one. They killed him in two seconds' date=' there's no way they properly accessed what was going on and me personally, going into a situation like that I would be thinking there is a possibility that it's a toy gun. Does it have anything to do with him being black? Fuck no, people who think that do not look at facts. But it is very reasonable to say the police officers acted way too fast and were trigger happy.[/quote']

How fast would you act if someone pointed a gun at you? Real life isnt Arma man, people dont have to initiate hostile intent, they just shoot.

If you hesitate' date=' you die on that job. It is easy to say that "you should be trained to assess" or "they didn't have sufficient time to assess the situation" but all you need to remember is a simple fact. You look over and there is an object looking exactly like a gun pointed at you by a individual approaching you on a job where people kill you just for wearing the uniform that you wear. There is no time to stop and think about it. Either you shoot or you die.[/quote']

Pretty much this.

Lol all the people circle jerking about this shit being sanitary. That shoot first mentality is why there are more protests disrupting major cities each day. Not saying ogre agrees with the protests but this shit doesn't help put them down. When one cop fucks up the rest will suffer under stricter policies necessary or in most cases unnecessary. Shit.

You know this is a case of weakness and shit training paired up with a shit salary!

Those 2 cops are cowards yes they did what seemed right in the moment but i'm sure they regret their decision now.

We use to call them Brave but now they need to earn that title of Brave by doing brave things before just shooting a 12 to death.

Situational awareness was no were to be seen.

They could have approached the 12 year old with their gun out and asked him to put it down.

Then they could have tazed him or shot him with nonlethal to immobilize him!

Only a coward shows up with a gun and shoot to kill.

You know this is a case of weakness and shit training paired up with a shit salary!

Those 2 cops are cowards yes they did what seemed right in the moment but i'm sure they regret their decision now.

We use to call them Brave but now they need to earn that title of Brave by doing brave things before just shooting a 12 to death.

They could have approached the 12 year old with their gun out and asked him to put it down.

K, you are absolutely dumb but appart from that fact. Tazing doesn't do shit to some people, Non lethal doesn't do shit to some people and i am so FUCKING glad you didn't say "Why didn't they just shoot them in the arm or leg". Also the dumb kid was pointing his GUN WITH THE OPTION TO KILL SOMEONE at someone who gets shot for DOING HIS JOB.

Cops were in their right point.

Even though the kid obviously had no intent to shoot the officers, as it wasnt a real gun, they thought it was real, he got shot.

Its a tragic case of misinformation, but really, no one is really at fault here. If a cop sees something that looks exactly like a real firearm, aiming at him, its life or death.

Theres a reason its a legal requirement (in the UK at least) for airsoft weapons to be spray painted orange. Its for this EXACT reason.

Also good job comparing the death of a 12 year old kid to shooting in a video game, definetly makes people want to take you seriously.

K' date=' you are absolutely dumb but appart from that fact. Tazing doesn't do shit to some people, Non lethal doesn't do shit to some people and i am so FUCKING glad you didn't say "Why didn't they just shoot them in the arm or leg". Also the dumb kid was pointing his GUN WITH THE OPTION TO KILL SOMEONE at someone who gets shot for DOING HIS JOB.

Cops were in their right point.[/quote']

1st of all don't call me dumb cause I disagree with your opinion of what happened.

When we are talking about a young boys life all of this options should be taken into consideration because

Death is permanent you can never take it back. So yeah these options need to be explored.

A tazer is not going to do anything to a 12 Year old? really ? I never seen a tazer fail.

Non lethal are not going to disable a 12 year old... LOL

You my friend don't make any sense and like most of our nation resort to killing people instead of pushing

cops to do their job correctly. A cop takes the job knowing they can get killed a 12 year old with a toy gun doesn't.

As a cop you get to retire early and get a nice pension from the state along with great healthcare so me as a

tax payer expect the cops to do their fucking job. Showing up to a scene with a 12 year old and emptying a

clip into him might not faze you but if it was some one in your family you would have a different outlook on this situation.

Even though the kid obviously had no intent to shoot the officers' date=' as it wasnt a real gun, they thought it was real, he got shot.

Its a tragic case of misinformation, but really, no one is really at fault here. If a cop sees something that looks exactly like a real firearm, aiming at him, its life or death.

Theres a reason its a legal requirement (in the UK at least) for airsoft weapons to be spray painted orange. Its for this EXACT reason.

Also good job comparing the death of a 12 year old kid to shooting in a video game, definetly makes people want to take you seriously.[/quote']

Cops should be brave there is no brave in this case.

I see 2 cowards!

Sure what they did was correct according to the rules but they will suffer for the rest of their lives for what they did.

Its not only 1 side that gets affected both parties are mentally injured for life!

1st of all don't call me dumb cause I disagree with your opinion of what happened.

When we are talking about a young boys life all of this options should be taken into consideration because

Death is permanent you can never take it back. So yeah these options need to be explored.

A tazer is not going to do anything to a 12 Year old? really ? I never seen a tazer fail.

Non lethal are not going to disable a 12 year old... LOL

You my friend don't make any sense and like most of our nation resort to killing people instead of pushing

cops to do their job correctly. A cop takes the job knowing they can get killed a 12 year old with a toy gun doesn't.

As a cop you get to retire early and get a nice pension from the state along with great healthcare so me as a

tax payer expect the cops to do their fucking job. Showing up to a scene with a 12 year old and emptying a

clip into him might not faze you but if it was some one in your family you would have a different outlook on this situation.

never seen that video huh? tazers don't work on some people especially if they are intoxicated.

Also the fucking kid is pointing a gun at the cops not the time to be like "OH well guess it might have a chance of being a toy gun better walk to the back of my cruiser and take out my non lethal real quick" .

The kid was well aware that if you point a gun at cops you are going to fucking die and if he didn't his parents who owned that gun should've told him. Not the cops the cops probably responded to a "THERE IS A KID WITH A GUN WALKING AROUND IN A PARK" call.

Also i'm Dutch thank you very much not from your "Nation" and please for the love of god stop defending the stupid kid whom got natural selectioned the CRAP out of by being stupid.

Cops should be brave there is no brave in this case.

I see 2 cowards!

Sure what they did was correct according to the rules but they will suffer for the rest of their lives for what they did.

Its not only 1 side that gets affected both parties are mentally injured for life!

K so if someone points a gun at you and you have the option to shoot back you'll just stand there? I never wish for people to get put in said situation but i'd love to see how you'd handle it. This is not a game buddy.

Lol all the people circle jerking about this shit being sanitary. That shoot first mentality is why there are more protests disrupting major cities each day. Not saying ogre agrees with the protests but this shit doesn't help put them down. When one cop fucks up the rest will suffer under stricter policies necessary or in most cases unnecessary. Shit.

Well, we have presented how it actually was not the cop's fault for the unfortunate instance that occurred. I've yet to hear anything other than "Lol @ don't agree with me" from you however. As you know, that is not a very solid defense of the victim's actions. I like you Ogre, but you are fucking up on this one brother. I'd love to talk to you about it in TS tonight and have a well thought out discussion about how the cop was in the right the second my plane lands. I look forward to talking to you if you are getting on cop tonight.

As for you… Have you ever heard of something called sensationalism? You are a shining example of it.

never seen that video huh? tazers don't work on some people especially if they are intoxicated.

Also the fucking kid is pointing a gun at the cops not the time to be like "OH well guess it might have a chance of being a toy gun better walk to the back of my cruiser and take out my non lethal real quick" .

The kid was well aware that if you point a gun at cops you are going to fucking die and if he didn't his parents who owned that gun should've told him. Not the cops the cops probably responded to a "THERE IS A KID WITH A GUN WALKING AROUND IN A PARK" call.

Also i'm Dutch thank you very much not from your "Nation" and please for the love of god stop defending the stupid kid whom got natural selectioned the CRAP out of by being stupid.

What about the video of non lethal?

I highly doubt a tazer is not going to work on a 90 lbs little person... your logic is way off.

The kid is 12 do you remember being that age?

You don't think that playing with a fake gun is going to get you killed because if you do you don't play with it out in the streets.

The cops receive a call saying that there is a kid or young man black with a gun, that's when they have the chance to get ready.

They dont just show up to the scene and now they know he has a gun , they have been warned.

Killing some one is the last thing they should ever do.

How about they pull up on the street and talk to him on their speaker and ask him to put the weapon down.

No instead they showed up ready to kill and emptied an entire clip into this young soul no braveness there at all.

K so if someone points a gun at you and you have the option to shoot back you'll just stand there? I never wish for people to get put in said situation but i'd love to see how you'd handle it. This is not a game buddy.

I don't show up not knowing I know what I'm getting into and I prepare for it.

The difference between a brave cop

and a coward cop who just ready to kill!

What about the video of non lethal?

I highly doubt a tazer is not going to work on a 90 lbs little person... your logic is way off.

The kid is 12 do you remember being that age?

You don't think that playing with a fake gun is going to get you killed because if you do you don't play with it out in the streets.

The cops receive a call saying that there is a kid or young man black with a gun' date=' that's when they have the chance to get ready.

They dont just show up to the scene and now they know he has a gun , they have been warned.

Killing some one is the last thing they should ever do.

How about they pull up on the street and talk to him on their speaker and ask him to put the weapon down.

No instead they showed up ready to kill and emptied an entire clip into this young soul no braveness there at all.

[/quote']

When i was 12 i didn't fuck with guns cause i knew they where dangerous and could get you killed or you could get someone else killed. I played supermario on a nintendo or something. So again parents/kids fault for being stupid and not teaching/knowing how to handle a gun or act around them. Also don't bring race into this.

When i was 12 i didn't fuck with guns cause i knew they where dangerous and could get you killed or you could get someone else killed. I played supermario on a nintendo or something. So again parents/kids fault for being stupid and not teaching/knowing how to handle a gun or act around them. Also don't bring race into this.

I played with bb guns when I was young and no one even batted an eye and they look like the real thing.

We had M16 M4's and hand guns!

Race has a lot to do with it.

I played with bb guns when I was young and no one even batted an eye and they look like the real thing.

We had M16 M4's and hand guns!

Race has a lot to do with it.

Race has absolute jackshit to do with it, Also i am pretty sure your bb guns had a orange tip on it. Making it SOMUCH easier to identify the damn gun. And if you where ~10 and could carry a full m16/m4 and lift it and aim down sights run around with it for fun. I'm pretty sure anyone would know its plastic and not metal.

Race has absolute jackshit to do with it' date=' Also i am pretty sure your bb guns had a orange tip on it. Making it SOMUCH easier to identify the damn gun. And if you where ~10 and could carry a full m16/m4 and lift it and aim down sights run around with it for fun. I'm pretty sure anyone would know its plastic and not metal.[/quote']

Yes they did have red tips that we removed to make them look more real.

A M16 BB gun weights next to nothing but you wanna know the truth!

It was a bunch of white boys playing in public property in a nice white neighborhood.

Race has so much to do with it its insane I know you are dutch but just look at all the people

supporting Trump and all his racist rants. He is leading the republican nominee by saying its ok

to be racist.

Yes they did have red tips that we removed to make them look more real.

A M16 BB gun weights next to nothing but you wanna know the truth!

It was a bunch of white boys playing in public property in a nice white neighborhood.

Race has so much to do with it its insane I know you are dutch but just look at all the people

supporting Trump and all his racist rants. He is leading the republican nominee by saying its ok

to be racist.

Stop turning this into a fucking race thing. The kid got shot cause he played with guns and pointed it at the cops, im pretty sure that if he didnt point it at them he'd be fine

Well' date=' we have presented how it actually was not the cop's fault for the unfortunate instance that occurred. I've yet to hear anything other than "Lol @ don't agree with me" from you however. As you know, that is not a very solid defense of the victim's actions. I like you Ogre, but you are fucking up on this one brother. I'd love to talk to you about it in TS tonight and have a well thought out discussion about how the cop was in the right the second my plane lands. I look forward to talking to you if you are getting on cop tonight. [/quote']

I would love to join this conversation!

Stop turning this into a fucking race thing. The kid got shot cause he played with guns and pointed it at the cops' date=' im pretty sure that if he didnt point it at them he'd be fine[/quote']

My thread was a liiiiitle bit inflammatory, sorry for that.

Anyway, I've seen this exact thing said multiple times. While it's understandable to be shooting when you feel your life is in danger, in this case, you need to question why they did. The initial statement put out by the police stated that he was seen 'reaching' for the gun, not pointing it at them. Considering they pulled up right next to him anyway, I'd imagine that having a kid just 'reaching' for his waistband would give them more leeway when it comes to giving him more than 2 seconds to respond to the demand to drop the gun and/or put his hands up.

But, even beyond that, there's a more important thing to consider. While it's completely valid to be in fear for your life in such a scenario, why would a police officer be rushing to shoot a young boy? It would potentially put their lives at risk to not do so, but shouldn't these officers be trained to take on such risk in order to avoid exactly these situations?

While I sympathize with these officers, and I understand how they might react how they did, I feel like it could've been handled better on both ends. Of course, boys his age aren't know for making good impulse decisions anyway, but it's the job of these officers to do exactly that. I can't pretend to know firsthand what it's like to be in such a situation, and I hope I never do, but the unfortunate end result is difficult to justify: A child was killed by police officers who were more concerned with their own safety, enough to risk a mishap like this one.

(Side note: I never once mentioned that he was black throughout all of this. While racism could certainly have been involved, I think it's beyond foolish to be attributing these actions purely or mostly to racism simply because the victim was black.)

For once i wish we could actually have a discussion without it devolving into apes throwing shit at each other.

There are a lot of keyboard warriors in this thread who have no fucking idea what it is like in a situation like that. In my job i have come across high stress situations and I have so much more to learn and experience. Unless you have been in a situation relating to this then you really cannot throw blame around and call cops morons etc. If you can do a better job then go ahead and become a cop. Deal with these situations and become a shining example of perfection. Otherwise to sit here and "Monday morning quarterback" or keyboard warrior just isn't fair. Cops deal with so much shit and are face with so many varying situations and scenarios, they have to adapt in seconds and make quick decisions. There are no take backs and sometimes a better job can be done.

I do not agree with the cops pulling right up to the kid but there could be valid reasons behind it. Maybe they were dispatched to "suspicious person" or maybe they were complacent. The fact is, there are too many variables that we or the news just do not know. So many facts and logical reasoning behind actions that we just won't understand. Taking another persons life is a serious matter and although there are some bad cops and maybe even some trigger happy cops, it isn't fair to assume a cop is in that classification just because he felt lethal force was needed.

Also Manolo please just stop. Tasers are far from 100% effective and while some situations MAY provide an opportunity to use less than lethal force, a lot of times you take a huge risk by doing so. Even discharging your firearm at a suspect can take multiple shots to subdue them. A taser just needs a bad connection, caught on clothing or not making good contact on the suspect. Some people have a resistance to taser effects. There is no perfect scenario because there are no rules for criminals, there is no hostile intent required. Whether you agree or not, you should remain respectful to the people who serve you when you dial 911 and need assistance. If there was ill intent then i hope it can be taken care of, it is a tragic situation for both the family and the officers involved.

I'm going to lock this topic because in the past they have never really turned around to an appropriate and constructive discussion.