ok so as far as i remember pilot coveralls were removed a bit after marksman dlc came out because their armor was too op combined with the carier lite.then everyone started using the csat fatigues.At some poin (after an update i think) the csat armor was bugged allowing players to just from 300m and take minimal damage.Then csat got removed.after a while that bug was fixed but they never got added back(only reason i can think of is because it would be unfair for the cops). Now csat gets added back into the server but with a retarded white skin. IF the reason you didnt add them back after the bug with them got fixed was that the cops would be in a disadvantage why take your time and make a stupid looking white skin for them and not make a police carier lite skin for constables+ to buy for 5k and just add the normal Brown,Urban and the new Green hex csatbut here is when the lootcrates fck the whole thing up. only other reason i can think of why that white skin was made is so ppl dont complain about the ghillie and pilot coveralls (available in the crates) armor values so that the civ vs civ combat is "balanced".Also if everyone could buy normal csat and not that white piece of shit nobody would pay for the keys.If that is the actual reason i dont even know what to say.

only reason why im making this is because i think the new green csat looks amazing and we are missing out. 

(suggestion)  rest is :salt:

25 minutes ago, Nightfury said:

Also if everyone could buy normal csat and not that white piece of shit nobody would pay for the keys.If that is the actual reason i dont even know what to say.

This is the main reason or it would of not been added in the way it is. They are kidding themselves by saying its not P2W. 

Instead of coming up with long term solid donation plan, this was just a quick decision to bring some money in. Short sighted and desperate to say the least. Only good thing to come out of this is that it brought in a lot of money to keep the servers alive for a couple more months, but again, not a long term plan. Paratus may come up with some cool ideas for Altis Life, but damn some of these decisions are slowly going to destroy the server.

They could of easily taken the Olympus/GTA/ALUK method on donations. Set a goal and a reward, if the community hits that goal, everyone gets a global reward, wether they payed or not. Olympus done this with MK1's, Asylum could of done it for CSAT clothing. Perfectly fine by Bohemia as its global rewards, and believe me, people would of payed, we saw this with loot crates, people pay crazy money for CSAT clothing. 

So many better alternatives to donations that doesn't break Bohemia ToS or doesn't follow a P2W strategy you could of chosen,, yet you came up with possibly the worse solution ever, the feedback from the community says it all.

Edited by Haych
Virrx, HerpLeDerp, Corgi and 1 other like this

First, I'd be extremely surprised if the system Olympus and many other use brings in enough to pay our expenses. You need to realize that with the number of servers we have, plus licenses and ddos protection, we pay in the thousands every month.

Your underlined but there won't worry either because it's literally impossible to skin equipment.

You say, "the feedback from the community says it all" while the feedback has been very positive.

Shark likes this
6 minutes ago, Paratus said:

First, I'd be extremely surprised if the system Olympus and many other use brings in enough to pay our expenses. You need to realize that with the number of servers we have, plus licenses and ddos protection, we pay in the thousands every month.

Your underlined but there won't worry either because it's literally impossible to skin equipment.

You say, "the feedback from the community says it all" while the feedback has been very positive.

i remember  the days when you could get servers for $2 a month :( medal of honour allied assault aha

5 minutes ago, warl0ck said:

i remember  the days when you could get servers for $2 a month :( medal of honour allied assault aha

You can still get cheap servers, I would guess that the majority of money is in DDOS protection since all the bad kiddies like to try and ruin everyone else's fun after they blew their 9th chance to stop duping money.

4 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Spoiler

Well let me hit you with some negative feed back I guess. I'm extremely unhappy with the current set up of the loot crate system. No cool custom skins that would be sought after were added, you removed things that were already in game and made people paid for them. From the people I've talk to, the majority of them paid at least over 100$ to get access to something I've had in my crates for months, came with the game I bought, and that I can no longer use. It's just shitty you didn't add some cool CUSTOM ifrit/orca skins, you just force people to use glowing white csat if they didn't pay. But you didn't, you kinda made it p2w.

I also find it funny that people have been asking for night time to come back for a long time, but as soon as you force people to use glowing white csat in order to stay competitive, it makes a return. Also until people with pilot coveralls and csat are forced to only the tac vest, you have no choice but to use the white csat.

You allowed changes to APD policies that brought back combat seizing of weapons and cops to come to cartels. Another thing I found funny about that is, one of the CM's didn't know about the change till it happened. Combat seizing was changed for a reason and that was back during mega gangs. But for some reason it has returned even with a group cap,  APD 7.62, and SWAT. :shrug:

"Money cap is working as intended", but I don't think it has really ever been said what it's true intention was. Because to some people in the community, it's just see as something that disincentives playing once money cap in reached. I also think the new endorsement thing is just a soft money cap. You can now go over money cap, but at some point it won't be worth our time any more. Because the % cut will be too high and just becomes a soft money cap.

I feel people like myself got screwed over with the endorsement system. I have 10.5 million in legit prestige and the system is worthless to me if I want to keep my jets. Because in another post you said that we will not lose our achievements if we fall below the threshold. The system itself is not that bad, but it's pretty much a soft money cap and doesn't really address the issue of how people feel the money cap just disincentives playing. People will hit a point where the cut start to not seem worth the time they put into the game and will now be at a soft money cap. Prestige just needs better rewards to make it worth going over the soft money cap. 

People cried about the loadouts being too expensive and you lowered it. But now scopes were just increased in price and with the return of csat, the loadouts are more expensive than before. But this brings me back to the csat+tac vest, but until that is fixed everyone is buying coveralls+carriers.

Not everyone voices the opinions they have, some of them just go play on other servers. :shrug:

Corgi, Haych and The Orphan like this
1 hour ago, Paratus said:

Did you not read the whole changelog page, nearly everyone was making a laughing stock out of the Loot Crate contents. If you are referring to the money it made as feedback, i'm sure it made enough to support the servers for a little longer based off the fact that it was P2W, obviously people are going to pay to gain a advantage, I even payed £20 hoping for Pilot Coveralls. I'm happy that the server can be supported a little longer, but just like many people of this community, we are still concerned for the future of Asylum.

All i'm saying is that it's not a long term solution and that it could of been handled better. Better skins, better cosmetics, not things that give you a advantage in combat or custom commoner skins which aren't even that good to put behind paywalls. All i'm asking from you is to stop putting textures that people have already payed for by buying Arma 3 and actually put some effort into custom skins actually worth paying for.

You seem like someone who doesn't like reverting changes he has made, even if it's not healthy for the server at all. All I'm saying is, as more and more days go past, we'll be losing more players to these other servers, it's already started happening.

Edited by Haych
BrutaL likes this
3 hours ago, Paratus said:

well i didnt rly belive what i said about csat being too op against cops.i know that white skin was made just to make ppl pay for the pilot cvrls so they dont have to worry about being snowmen while playing this game. because if you added the normal csat without any skin nobody would bother buying keys.

you really have to find other ways to earn money from donations that have no impact to the gameplay.Make ppl donate to SUPPORT the servers and not gain an advantage out of it.

also i had no idea that u could skin vests. oh well then make a cop csat skin if thats rly the problem.