Make Third Person "Limited", On Foot

Third Person Camera  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the third person camera? (Read below before answering please)

• Make the third person camera "Limited". I'd like gameplay to change a bit and to balance third and first person to some degree.
    • Leave the Third person camera where it is. I enjoy or don't mind the position of the third person camera.
    • Other. (Please specify)

Suggestion: Reposition the third person camera when on foot. Make it "limited" so that there is balance between first and third person.

-So everyone understands what I mean by limited, here: pNeK2hI.jpg

-If you wish to see gameplay with this type of third person, I suggest you watch either TVSBOH or YaBoyPrince's streams on twitch. They stream on another popular life server called Project Roleplay.

Issue with Third Person: Vanilla third person allows players to view over and around obstacles without them needing to expose even the slightest bit of their bodies. Those who enjoy first person have a huge disadvantage.

How Does This Benefit Gameplay?:

-With the new third person camera location, players cannot see players around corners and over obstacles. They can however see a bit out of the right side if they are in cover, but the player has to adjust very close the corner.

-Firefights are more nerve-racking, skill based, and realistic. How? Nerve-racking because the player will hear shots and won't know where the enemy is if completely concealed. Skill based because the player will have to be fast to hit an opponent who is peaking and has no previous recollection of location (Quickpeaking using the current third person wouldn't exist in other words). Finally, realistic because players will have to expose themselves to see their targets, as it is in real life.

-There is some compromise so that those who enjoy first person will have a chance. This third person camera mostly just gives an FOV advantage.

***Note that this suggestion may be unattainable without mods. I saw a streamer switch the camera to the left shoulder once. Thank you for reading though. Check out this guy's thread, it is an idea by Ranger that I believe would benefit the server:  ***
Edited by Papa Vinny
6 hours ago, Jack Hoff said:

I would rather the view be changed to first person only, but that would never happen.  That "limited 3rd person" view is just obnoxious, the player model takes up way too much of the screen.  -1

Yeah I would rather have first person only too. But I tried to make some sort of compromise here.

14 hours ago, Papa Vinny said:

As you said I think doing something like this requires mods. 

So the vanilla solution would be to make it first person only. You won't get many people agreeing to this as in Asylum 90% of gunfights involve abusing 3rd person to look over cover. I personally wouldn't mind first person only as it gives a more real feeling to gunfights, and actually adds skill to them too. 

Papa Vinny likes this