Medic Income Revamp

Should Medics be paid more?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should Medics be paid more?

• Yes
    • No

Suggestion: I love playing medic. It's calming enough to just listen to music and play medic when you're bored and need something new. The thing is there is no real reward playing as medic. Reviving people only banks you $800, and applying minor treatments don't give you anything, even though medics partake in doing it all the time. Some sort of revamp in the income department with medics would make me want to play medic a lot more because a lot of the time, I don't want to worry about 20k worth of gear and I just want to relax in Kavala. Just a suggestion! I'm interested in what people think about this topic though. Thanks!

Image result for EMS Memes

2 minutes ago, Cassettes said:

Well there was a recent medic patch which increased the payout a bit but in a direct way, what kind of revamp are you thinking exactly, you haven't listed any suggestions, you just said it needs one. People will be more inclined to agree with you if you list some good suggestions.

- More money per revive.

- Money for the little things like blood bags/splints/faks.

Don't have many myself but I was trying to get the community's suggestions. :)

4 minutes ago, Cassettes said:

Well there was a recent medic patch which increased the payout a bit but in a direct way, what kind of revamp are you thinking exactly, you haven't listed any suggestions, you just said it needs one. People will be more inclined to agree with you if you list some good suggestions.

Don't just shit on the suggestion

I'd suggest medics be given prestige for giving blood bags and other heals that they can then exchange for cash. It doesn't have to be a ton where people begin to exploit it but just enough for it to be worthwhile while playing as one. Also, I'm not sure if its been implemented yet, but longer distance revives need a lot higher payout so they have an incentive to come get you. Raising the price on the medic chopper was a strange change to me, it should have stayed around $5500 because they already make shit for money. Yeah there might be rebels who abused the low cost of medic choppers but I haven't seen too much of that.

sakha and slapr like this
12 hours ago, slapr said:

I just want to relax in Kavala

11 hours ago, slapr said:

- More money per revive.

Do you see the conflict here? Why would we pay you more, when you don't want to leave Kavala? There are people in other cities that need help too.

The whole point of the medic update I did was to encourage medics to travel. If you want more money, respond to calls that aren't 100 meters away from you.

Monster and IAmLegion like this
11 hours ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Raising the price on the medic chopper was a strange change to me, it should have stayed around $5500 because they already make shit for money.

The price was increased to stop people from using them as ballistic missiles. You can make the full price of a helicopter back in one response if you travel far enough.

Monster and IAmLegion like this
2 hours ago, speed said:

Do you see the conflict here? Why would we pay you more, when you don't want to leave Kavala? There are people in other cities that need help too.

The whole point of the medic update I did was to encourage medics to travel. If you want more money, respond to calls that aren't 100 meters away from you.

The only viable way to make money as medic is to respond to calls 100m away because its not in anyone's interest to fly 10km in a 20k hummingbird to get an $800 reward for a possible revive. The proportions just seem off if the point of medic is to promote travel when there's no reward.