Another drunk suggestion

Hey guys - What is up with the 1km chopper limit from illegal drug areas?

You can't see shit with max settings on 1km. I play 60 fps at 12km view distance and I dont see anything.

I understand its so rebels don't shoot ya down but if I do a quick swing at 500ish Meters to see if any cars there and relay information to ground unts, they the druggies deff wouldn't shoot me down. only way the might shoot ya if you continue to fly and fly aroudn and hover but i am not talking about that i mean swing by and see if u see a car relay info and chill 1.5km out until ground units get there 

I do not want this rule to be changed nor am I dissing it. I am just curious, why 1km and not 400-500m

Edit : It's so choppers don't need ground support. Its so they can fly and check zones and inform cops if their is any1 at these zones.. you cannot see anything at 1km way can't we fly 500m to just see if any cars are at fields?

Edited by -Predator-
Sinebrio likes this
2 hours ago, Mayhem said:

Should have posted this is Police officer forums, and if you don't want to stay 1km out, then have ground units with you

Didn't you read the title? He's drunk :P

But @OP yeah I can definitely see further than 1km, you probably have your objects set real low in the ARMA settings, not your Y setting's view range. Regardless, this policy only applies to police officers.

Edited by Sergio

As Mayhem said this sould be in officer police officer section.

I don't really understand how you can't see anything 1KM alway, remember to have your objects up too.

5a9647f64fc425fbb60d2fb9252c6684.png

And check your render setting that you can access on your phone Ingame.

About the guideline, It's been there for a very long time and probably is there so cops doesn't check all the illegal areas of the map within 10-15 min. But remember Sergeants+ does not need to follow the helicopter manual so if you're flying with one you can always ask him if you can check the illegal field/processing.