Like seriously cops are really important to Altis/Stratis Life, practically the whole game mode revolves around the APD/SPD. So when they don't RP and just process you saying only the words he NEEDS to say it really ruins it.

Don't take me wrong there are so many cops that will have a laugh, even make some good role play situations up and be quite kind, but when you get a cop who doesn't do any of these things it just makes it crap. Like, I'm going to jail for 45 minutes, the least you could do is appear a little kind. For instance, today, I or maybe the cop desynced like mad, I hear a 's-s-ha-up-' and then about 17 shots at once in my headset, and im down, I didn't even see him. Fair one, it was lag. But, I'm talking to him about it, and he just ignores me, doens't let me explain my charges, gives me the ticket and I'm like "Can I just expla-" "Since you are not able to pay your ticket Sir I will be sending to you jail" and then you're faced with 45 minutes of hell.

Also, yes I get that cops get it hard and they may need to rush people a little bit because there's something else, or someone else, but there should still be a high level of roleplay that is required, else surely anyone who understands how to be a cop without breaking rules could be one. It's them being fun to talk to, understanding and good roleplayers. I UNDERSTAND this isn't a hardcore roleplay server but come on, like I said there should be a level of roleplay required.

ty

Olivia likes this

There should be a thing on asylum. You are either a cop or a civ. Cannot be both , cannot share money , cannot give money away , cannot have more than 100k total per month playing cop.Cop life should be totally different from civilian. Trust me with strict rules the number of cops playing just for rp would drop of more than 60% if not more. The reason there's robocops is because they are themselves part of gangs.

They often target people they cannot get even with in wars so they hop on cop to meta their way in. They need to fix these issues but it's been this way since the server started. Having stricter cop system would just make the entire RPG aspect better. Right now there's some.... but most of it is gonna cost you 1hr 3hr of gear grind and time.

Also having the ability to be on your gang's ts and allied gang's civilian channels + asylum cop channel should be bannable.

I don't know about it being that strict. But, I agree with a lot of what you said. However, it's often the people who are in gangs who enjoy roleplaying a bit more, since they can share they're banterful experiences with their boys. For instance, 'david' just runs around taking people down, not allowing them to explain their charges, and he says "pay ticket" while you're trying to speak to him, then you're about to click pay cause it's like 15k "Okay, since you will not pay your ticket, you wil be going to jail"

Tyrone Darnell likes this
There should be a thing on asylum. You are either a cop or a civ. Cannot be both ' date=' cannot share money , cannot give money away , cannot have more than 100k total per month playing cop.Cop life should be totally different from civilian. Trust me with strict rules the number of cops playing just for rp would drop of more than 60% if not more. The reason there's robocops is because they are themselves part of gangs.

They often target people they cannot get even with in wars so they hop on cop to meta their way in. They need to fix these issues but it's been this way since the server started. Having stricter cop system would just make the entire RPG aspect better. Right now there's some.... but most of it is gonna cost you 1hr 3hr of gear grind and time.

Also having the ability to be on your gang's ts and allied gang's civilian channels + asylum cop channel should be bannable.[/quote']

OK, let me tackle this one pile of shit at a time:

White listed players EARNED the right to be cops. why the hell should you take the ability to play civ away from them. The good ones play civ and understand civ life. you want to take that away? So what they can be career cops only? and you think that will help? your out of your damn mind. Forcing cops to never play civ would not have a positive affect. also 100k cap? so i cant even buy a police orca and a loadout? wut....

you want weird ass rules about cops, go play on olympus were they have something similar to what your suggesting. also why their servers are never full.....

also if you see meta gaming, report that shit. the rest is just tinfoil hat crazy ramblings...

n3zbb.jpg

There should be a thing on asylum. You are either a cop or a civ. Cannot be both ' date=' cannot share money , cannot give money away , cannot have more than 100k total per month playing cop.Cop life should be totally different from civilian. Trust me with strict rules the number of cops playing just for rp would drop of more than 60% if not more. The reason there's robocops is because they are themselves part of gangs.

Also having the ability to be on your gang's ts and allied gang's civilian channels + asylum cop channel should be bannable.[/quote']

Never gonna happen. Its fine they way it is. Some officers will be dealt with by higher ups. Overall everything seems to fine.

Most people who complain are the ones who scream out : «FUCK THE POPO» or just straight up RDM.

Its your fault that you gain this reputaiton and that is why they treat you like so.

Do to others as you would have them do to you

- Luke 6:31

P.S. Im not religious.

EDIT: Just adding in the fact that your overall idea is fundementally stupid (IN MY OPINION)

Reavantos and Olivia like this
I don't know about it being that strict. But' date=' I agree with a lot of what you said. However, it's often the people who are in gangs who enjoy roleplaying a bit more, since they can share they're banterful experiences with their boys. For instance, 'david' just runs around taking people down, not allowing them to explain their charges, and he says "pay ticket" while you're trying to speak to him, then you're about to click pay cause it's like 15k "Okay, since you will not pay your ticket, you wil be going to jail"[/quote']

first of you report davids ass and get into TS into "police support for civilians".

Also i always recommend treating people how you would like to be treated. if someone comes in with a bad attitude and is rude, do not expect much forgiveness or RP. But.... if a cop is being shitty and you are trying to rp and they are just straight robocop'n you... get the recording of that and make a IA report. Even if he doesnt get in trouble. we will know about his actions. not saying anything is the worst you could do. we do not want people getting promoted or on the APD if they cant follow the rules.

Olivia likes this

first of you report davids ass and get into TS into "police support for civilians".

Also i always recommend treating people how you would like to be treated. if someone comes in with a bad attitude and is rude' date=' do not expect much forgiveness or RP. But.... if a cop is being shitty and you are trying to rp and they are just straight robocop'n you... get the recording of that and make a IA report. Even if he doesnt get in trouble. we will know about his actions. not saying anything is the worst you could do. we do not want people getting promoted or on the APD if they cant follow the rules.[/quote']

Yeah the people complaining her are Kavala/Agia trolls.

Reavantos likes this

Idk if anyone already said this yet, but officers are required to make some attempt to read your charges and allow you to explain them if the situation allows. So if there wasn't a bank, fed, prison break, or a few other reasons he is required to make some sort of attempt to let you explain. If you happened to be recording then you need to make an officer report otherwise this post is pointless. There are already policies against doing stuff like what you described.

Reavantos and Olivia like this

OK' date=' let me tackle this one pile of shit at a time:

White listed players EARNED the right to be cops. why the hell should you take the ability to play civ away from them. The good ones play civ and understand civ life. you want to take that away? So what they can be career cops only? and you think that will help? your out of your damn mind. Forcing cops to never play civ would not have a positive affect. also 100k cap? so i cant even buy a police orca and a loadout? wut....

you want weird ass rules about cops, go play on olympus were they have something similar to what your suggesting. also why their servers are never full.....

also if you see meta gaming, report that shit. the rest is just tinfoil hat crazy ramblings...

[img']https://i.imgflip.com/n3zbb.jpg

Your wasting your time with that mongaloid,Trust me from experiance.

Reavantos likes this

It's been said numerous times here already and I know it seems like the generic response; Put in an IA report.

This works more effectivly then you think and we do take them serious, because we honestly want to make the servers better for all involved. I apologize for you having a bad experience with the APD, but we can stress good roleplay, offer roleplaying trainings, and lead by example until we are blue in the face, but officers will still act this way. We need videos of such behavior to deal with them.

Olivia likes this

The only thing that upsets me is that enemy gang members can hop on cop and get free loadouts and get paid for killing you. There isn't really much you can do about it but its kinda shitty having career rebel cops come back over 6 times just because its free so why not and get paid killing you. Also cops can get the MK20c for free and can lethal for free before you had to buy an MX so at least not every cop spammed lethals but making a free gun with lethals was a huge step in the wrong direction IMO.

The only thing that upsets me is that enemy gang members can hop on cop and get free loadouts and get paid for killing you. There isn't really much you can do about it but its kinda shitty having career rebel cops come back over 6 times just because its free so why not and get paid killing you. Also cops can get the MK20c for free and can lethal for free before you had to buy an MX so at least not every cop spammed lethals but making a free gun with lethals was a huge step in the wrong direction IMO.

Well thank bohemia for changing arma 3 armor so much. Paratus had to make the change...and cops should never be "spamming lethals" its a last resort. so if you catch someone doing that without a good reasom: IA report..

Everyone wants to blame game mechanics. but the bottom line is if you dont report someone abusing something... You are PART OF THE PROBLEM

might as well just lock this thread. its started as a incoherent rambling that should of been a IA report and has turned into idiotic bashing..

Olivia likes this

Well thank bohemia for changing arma 3 armor so much. Paratus had to make the change...and cops should never be "spamming lethals" its a last resort. so if you catch someone doing that without a good reasom: IA report..

Everyone wants to blame game mechanics. but the bottom line is if you dont report someone abusing something... You are PART OF THE PROBLEM

might as well just lock this thread. its started as a incoherent rambling that should of been a IA report and has turned into idiotic bashing..

How could spammung Lethals if authorizd be a problem? If a higher up authorizes lethals, i use them the entire fight until they say otherwise. Im not breaking a single rule, and therefore i much prefer lethals against large organized gangs. Am i spamming lethals?

Yeah the people complaining her are Kavala/Agia trolls.

I don't really appreciate that comment mate. I'm not an Agia troll, I make my money, and I play as a rebel, and I don't 'Kavala/Agia troll'. I'm complaining because I'm annoyed about the situation, and people have a right to complain about it mate.

Yes, I could report it, but it annoys me that I'd have to record and report a police officer who is meant to be an outstanding roleplayer. I am simply suggesting lads, suggesting, that the application process be relooked and not just look for semi mature people, look for people who can roleplay and in general have a good time and make it a lot more entertaining for people and not just be a grinder. Again. I'm not saying there aren't good cops, to be honest the majority are good roleplayers, but the fact that there are many who actually aren't that good shows that there is probably a flaw in the process. Maybe not, maybe they just put on a good face and don't care when they're in. You're right, I should record and report it, but I don't want people just saying that lol, that's not helpful. I get it, but this post is to reduce my saltiness because I don't have a recording lol.

Also, mixed things here, some say you're allowed to robocop, others saying otherwise lol

Since becoming a member of the APD again after a long absence, i have actually seen an uptick in Rp from the Cops. You are going to get some cops that will just give you a ticket and not want anything to do with you but for the most part you will have a cop that is willing to hear you out and reduce some of the charges if you want to RP. Now dont immediately get into the car and start bitching about how you got downed or how the Cops are going to get reported for something ridiculous.

I used to be the person that told the APD to fuck themselves every time I got caught almost always getting a full ticket but now I actually talk to the Cops and most of them listen and are willing to work with me. This pic was taken after I got caught with a 125k bounty. I had a prison break charge and the Sgt let me explain it to him. The constable to the right of the pic was hungry and reminded the Sgt that I had a prison break charge. The Sergeant told the constable to nicely STFU. This is the result of a good role play session.wd4TZbp.jpg

I don't really appreciate that comment mate. I'm not an Agia troll' date=' I make my money, and I play as a rebel, and I don't 'Kavala/Agia troll'. I'm complaining because I'm annoyed about the situation, and people have a right to complain about it mate.

Yes, I could report it, but it annoys me that I'd have to record and report a police officer who is meant to be an outstanding roleplayer. I am simply suggesting lads, suggesting, that the application process be relooked and not just look for semi mature people, look for people who can roleplay and in general have a good time and make it a lot more entertaining for people and not just be a grinder. Again. I'm not saying there aren't good cops, to be honest the majority are good roleplayers, but the fact that there are many who actually aren't that good shows that there is probably a flaw in the process. Maybe not, maybe they just put on a good face and don't care when they're in. You're right, I should record and report it, but I don't want people just saying that lol, that's not helpful. I get it, but this post is to reduce my saltiness because I don't have a recording lol.

Also, mixed things here, some say you're allowed to robocop, others saying otherwise lol[/quote']

In certain situations you're allowed to reboot (ie. Station being attacked). The people who usually get robocoped are usually those who constantly kill police officers which causes them to hold a short leads against those players. That said, cops who robocop for the money tend to be dealt with.

Even if you don't record while playing, I highly suggest you do. Why? If anything happens you can report it (Also for comps).

I apologize for calling you out as a troll.

How could spammung Lethals if authorizd be a problem? If a higher up authorizes lethals' date=' i use them the entire fight until they say otherwise. Im not breaking a single rule, and therefore i much prefer lethals against large organized gangs. Am i spamming lethals?[/quote']

Actually yes, if lethals are authorized in a situation where they are not needed and your report can show that the officer who authorized it can be punished.

RP is required of a police officer. If you try to role-play with an officer and he ignores you and processes you "ur charges are...im givin u ticket, u no pay u go jail" without any attempt to roleplay with you, record it and send it to Internal Affairs.

The lag situation is a bit tough, honestly. I always try my best to communicate with people, and even resort to typing during lag-spikes, but I sort of understand why it can be frustrating to deal with someone who "i-s--s----t---alk----ing----l----ike-----th---is." It depends on the situation, honestly, but the officer should at least TRY to communicate with you.

Olivia likes this

Typically, if i hear you spout some shit at me that I've already heard 5000 times, you're going to prison.

If you suck at story telling, are generally boring, don't have a good voice, any of those, then tell the officer to just take you to prison or pay your ticket.

If you'd like to comeup with some refreshing RP, feel free to try to explain yourself.

Don't expect that just talking to the officer will get you away, you need to at least be a little entertaining.

Stop complaining.

They had free MX For over a year.....and the actually good gangs still destroyed cops.

Its not about destroying cops, its about why do X officers deserve a free gun Krypton? Why do X Officers get the ability to play rebel while wearing an APD outfit, then turn around and sell the money because X officers loadout is free.

My suggestion would be that they first spawn with an mx loadout for free then every loadout after that you have to buy it, but we both know the APD would soft log abuse that

Its not about destroying cops' date=' its about why do X officers deserve a free gun Krypton? Why do X Officers get the ability to play rebel while wearing an APD outfit, then turn around and sell the money because X officers loadout is free.

My suggestion would be that they first spawn with an mx loadout for free then every loadout after that you have to buy it, but we both know the APD would soft log abuse that[/quote']

I'll still shit on half the kids in this game using a P07.

I'll still shit on half the kids in this game using a P07.

There's plenty of skilled cops, just as there are plenty of skilled rebels. Its just more along the point why give them free weapons while making money. Playing cop is supposed to be a privledge not an easy money making source. I honestly think that the weapons they have are fair, hell i wouldnt even care if they all got 7.62 access , just pay for your guns man. Im tired of every cop in the planet selling money and

robo coping to get that money. Granted there are plenty of higher ups that would pardon you for a million dollar bounty if you even tryed to RP.

Typically' date=' if i hear you spout some shit at me that I've already heard 5000 times, you're going to prison.

If you suck at story telling, are generally boring, don't have a good voice, any of those, then tell the officer to just take you to prison or pay your ticket.

If you'd like to comeup with some refreshing RP, feel free to try to explain yourself.

Don't expect that just talking to the officer will get you away, you need to at least be a little entertaining.

Stop complaining.[/quote']

You think it's the fact that I got put in jail that annoys me? I'm not fussed about that, I got caught and it was my fault. If the RP doesn't work and he sends me to jail or gives me a ticket fine, but this officer didn't roleplay, didn't have any fun with the situation and there weren't even many people on, it's not like he had to go anywhere, he was on for ages afterwards. Don't get so toxic over a simple little thing. I'm saying cops should RP a bit more, not just because someone has a good voice, and if you only listen to someone if they have a good voice, you sir need to remove yourself from the APD/SPD politely. I understand however if they're boring and just spewing a bunch of nonsense, but if they're actually RPing, having some fun with it and the cop is replying, let the cop decide which way it goes at the end of the day, but don't just ignore someone.

Lol' date=' because you have to buy cheap ammo? That's pocket change for cops, that's like rebels bitching that they have to buy tactical bacon.

Losing ammo for a free gun < Losing an MX and the ammo

Which one do you think deters cops who are zerging or just lethaling because they know they are going to die anyway?

[/quote']

If you think EITHER deters cops you are clearly not educated on the topic. Free gear? Buy gear? It doesnt matter people will still go back and fight. Just like rebels respawn in the nearest town and buy a pistol or PDW after being lethalled.

Reavantos likes this

If you think EITHER deters cops you are clearly not educated on the topic. Free gear? Buy gear? It doesnt matter people will still go back and fight. Just like rebels respawn in the nearest town and buy a pistol or PDW after being lethalled.

Cops aren't going to keep returning to a scene with an MX if they keep losing every time they go there, which meant you wern't going to be lethaled just because the cops were zerging endlessly and when the sting was the free weapon, it limited how much cops were able to do by just throwing themselves at enemies. Unofrtunately BI fucked that up by making plate carriers incredibly bullet resistant. All I am saying is that if lethals could only be loaded into MX's, there would be a lot less bullshit.. God forbid cops have to risk a little bit of money if they are going to lethal someone.