What was the reason for removing insurance?

Just restricts me from wanting to buy anything, considering its arma and half the time I'll lose my shit to desync, and sure I can make a comp request but with everything going on and the stacked amount of comp requests right now I'd rather just deal with losing my heli.  And helicopters cost a tenth of the mill cap to buy, if you were rich 1 heli would cost you more than a tenth of your money..  At least re-add insurance for helicopters it's quite ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, Kowalski said:

Vehicles would have no value if you could get em back after they get blown up. It makes people think twice before putting a heli or a 50 to attempt a brute-force fight, and forces strategic use of potentially-OP vehicles. 

I get why they added it, but it's arma.. and especially with the huge amount of comp requests gl getting anything back from that for the next month.  And not everyone is pulling a heli to use for battle. Plus some people barley even know how to fly, why make them waste a dickton of money they they've spent hours getting, to have them crash trying to land or take off.. Sure they can practice flying as a medic or in editor but I'd much rather try learning in-game being a civ, this is where I started playing the moment I bought arma 3 and I learned how to fly as a civ it was much more enjoyable trying to learn as a civ rather than in editor, or as a medic.  I mean I can fly fine but it's really dumb imo, at-least allow insurance on non-rebel helis.  Makes me kinda not want to play this server anymore.  3 years ago when the server first started was when the economy and game-play was at it's best, why can't this server go back to that.

Edited by Enclave

just make money fight allot then make money no need as Kowalski said if you could get them back you would have 0 care for them its like this if you got your guns back after you died would you care if you died you would see making stupid plays just because they know they will just have there gun back same with orcas.. but in a different circumstance.

Just now, Diizzy said:

just make money fight allot then make money no need as Kowalski said if you could get them back you would have 0 care for them its like this if you got your guns back after you died would you care if you died you would see making stupid plays just because they know they will just have there gun back same with orcas.. but in a different circumstance.

Like I said above.. I get it.  At-least add insurance for non-rebel helis.  Not everyone uses them for battle, and not everyone plays with a huge gang.  This has nothing to do with keeping gear, gear doesn't cost you a tenth of your mill cap...  Either lower the price or add insurance it's super unbalanced.

Just now, Enclave said:

Like I said above.. I get it.  At-least add insurance for non-rebel helis.  Not everyone uses them for battle, and not everyone plays with a huge gang.  This has nothing to do with keeping gear, gear doesn't cost you a tenth of your mill cap...  Either lower the price or add insurance it's super unbalanced.

Well, if you care about your money so bad make a orca and then it will only cost you $40000 better for ya??

45 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

As far as I remember, insurance was added for rotor lib with the helicopter dlc. It was then removed after they made rotor lib optional on the servers.

Now that you can chop helis, I don't really see the point in insurance other than for VDM/trolling purposes.

For all the reasons I posted above, not for trolling.

as far as i'm aware, insurance was removed due to the amount of comp requests constantly being put in for vehicle comps, such as VDM, server restart causing heli's to crash etc, and the vehicle ends up being insured so no comp should actually be granted, there were a few other reasons as well, but i remember this being mentiomes before

22 hours ago, Bikstok said:

As far as I remember, insurance was added for rotor lib with the helicopter dlc. It was then removed after they made rotor lib optional on the servers.

Now that you can chop helis, I don't really see the point in insurance other than for VDM/trolling purposes.

Hey not because someone sends an hummingbird into a full orca means he was trolling.... He just had 1 too many that night LOL 

The reason why the disabled insurance were for many reasons:

A. Vehicles are now able to be crafted. You do not have to spend money to get certain vehicles

B. People abused the insurances. People would roll into places like kavala and blow up their Hemmits without any consequences to their bank.

C. Its helps manage server economy. If there was insurance, there would be no need to buy vehicles off the market. Basically there would be a whole load of supply but not enough demand.

6 hours ago, Treeherder said:

No it was added exactly one patch after the helicopters dlc was added. It was removed with 6.0 due to fake comp requests and other stuff like that. 

Then you obviously haven't been on asylum as long as I have.. From the beginning there was no insurance, then it was added, then it got removed, then it got readded for rotorlib, then it got removed in 6.0.