Dual monitors

Brendon Smith

I hAve 2 monitors and had this problem initially setting them up. Do you have amd or nvidia? Either way make sure that port on your computer isn't broken also. Try all the ports, which you may need to go out and buy different cords to try them. If nothing else an hdmi splitter will work also.

Just now, Goku said:

I hAve 2 monitors and had this problem initially setting them up. Do you have amd or nvidia? Either way make sure that port on your computer isn't broken also. Try all the ports, which you may need to go out and buy different cords to try them. If nothing else an hdmi splitter will work also.

NVIDIA My graphics card is GTX 980 Both ports work its just only one monitor will detect at a time

1. Right click desktop
  2. Click NVIDIA Control Panel
  3. On left side where it says "Select a Task" choose "Set up multiple displays"
  4. Make sure both monitors are showing
  5. Then make sure both monitors are checked
  6. If both aren't showing try the "My display is not shown..." button

If that is all correct then try this

1. Right click desktop
  2. Select "Display settings"
  3. There should be a "Multiple displays" drop down. Make sure it is set to "Extend these displays"
1 hour ago, Brendon Smith said:

so I got 2 brand spanking new monitors but Im having issues with one one is working and one is not can I get so e setup help?

when i set up my second monitor i had to change a setting in the BIOS and then it started working perfectly, can't remember exactly what it was though

Edited by Vortex
Brendon Smith likes this