Server 4 BE

Server 4 has been really bad with the kicks in general. But the weekends are "a reeeeaaal bad". 

Idk about the other servers but, I've played tanoa some and didn't seem to get kicked as much or at all. At least by BE. 

Has anyone suggested or already started a gofundme\Kickstarter so we can attempt to throw money at the problem? 

I'd contribute...

Anyway, probably going to get alot of hate for posting this. :)

jeans

12 minutes ago, (IFRIT)Mitch said:

Have you read this?

@jeans

According to bamf, it's not about server infrastructure. So throwing money on it won't do much. One thing is a fact though. Whenever servers reach a number of players, they'll start BE kicking. Probably because of the increased number of events happening at the same time.

They believed 64-bit update was gonna mitigate it, but it didn't. So we're still waiting some status from the devs. The topic @(IFRIT)Mitch has linked you is gonna be pretty helpful. Take a look!

Edited by BlackShot
Mr. Linux and rodrigo silva like this
55 minutes ago, (IFRIT)Mitch said:

Have you read this?

@jeans

Yup, just re read most of it and noticed bamf said this...

"Our framework is really nothing like the original Altis Life framework at this point.  I don't think there would be any way to merge in a current framework with what we have since we (well Paratus) have basically re-written most of it anyway.  There was a time that we entertained scrapping basically all core components to re-write them as a new "framework", but that is a tremendous amount of effort to make something like that happen.  Arma 3 is really long in the tooth, so doing something like that at this point would likely not be a great investment in time."

Maybe this is being considered more now.