Warning shots = RDM?

So since i don't want you to take sides i'm going to say this in third person. 

There are two people in this situation, Guy #1 shoots warning shots at guy #2 and guy #1 then waits a bit for guy #2 to shoot back or respond in any sort of way, then guy #1 then kills guy #2 after he responds. 

Sorry if this is confusing. 

Well as is warning shots aren't against the rules. There is no such thing as RDM. If those warning shots do something like shoot the engine out of a helicoptor or cause someone to die then yes it is.

The recommended reaction when someone does "Warning Shots" is to either take off or let them kill you. At that point they can't kill you because they haven't engaged, HOWEVER if you turn around and shoot back at them you are both engaged and whatever happens is fair game.

As you can imagine that circumstance can go in a multitude of different dirrections.

tldr: Dont shoot back, that will make it fair play for the knuckleheads

Bherky and Silver-Spy like this
1 minute ago, Sugarfoot said:

Well as is warning shots aren't against the rules. There is no such thing as RDM. If those warning shots do something like shoot the engine out of a helicoptor or cause someone to die then yes it is.

The recommended reaction when someone does "Warning Shots" is to either take off or let them kill you. At that point they can't kill you because they haven't engaged, HOWEVER if you turn around and shoot back at them you are both engaged and whatever happens is fair game.

As you can imagine that circumstance can go in a multitude of different dirrections.

tldr: Dont shoot back, that will make it fair play for the knuckleheads

So if the person who gets shot stays still and get killed, he can ban the shooter.

1 hour ago, Leonid Brezhnev said:

So if the person who gets shot stays still and get killed, he can ban the shooter.

Yes 100%. Warning shots are a way to usually get your attention or slow you down SO THEY can engage.

They have not at that current time, which is why an experienced player if they didn't have anything would just let the dickhead kill them or if you have stuff, then it isn't worth your time filing a report so just scadadle out of there.

If you choose to turn and fight thats your acceptance for both parties engaging

Edited by Sugarfoot
Bherky likes this

I was recently banned for firing warning shots and then killing the pigs after they kept following us. I was under the impression that warning shots were initiation as long as u didn't damage the vehicle or any pig in it.

Most pigs that follow us know not to put their sirens on cause we blow their heads off. So my question is how long can a pig follow you with out putting their sirens and most of the time we have bounties on us. So it's not like they are going that way they are following us.

Bherky likes this
Just now, Manolo said:

I was recently banned for firing warning shots and then killing the pigs after they kept following us. I was under the impression that warning shots were initiation as long as u didn't damage the vehicle or any pig in it.

Most pigs that follow us know not to put their sirens on cause we blow their heads off. So my question is how long can a pig follow you with out putting their sirens and most of the time we have bounties on us. So it's not like they are going that way they are following us.

warning shots are only for helicopters

Bherky likes this
1 hour ago, Manolo said:

Until you engage on them or they engage on you. Them following you isn't either and you shooting at them with warning shots isn't engagement either

Ok here are a few scenarios

p1 fires at p2 without a word, p2 does NOT die, and does NOT fire back but p1 continues to fire and kill therefore rdm

P1 fires at p2 without a word, p2 does NOT die, but DOES fire back, and then dies but isnt rdm as both parties are initiated. 

not going to bother explaining groups and gangs cause it gets a little more confusing

Edited by Brandon
Bherky likes this
4 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

Until you engage on them or they engage on you. Them following you isn't either and you shooting at them with warning shots isn't engagement either

You see how not turning sirens on while in pursuit very advantageous to the police, don't you?

1 hour ago, Haunter said:

You see how not turning sirens on while in pursuit very advantageous to the police, don't you?

Of course , just the same as surrounding an officer talking to a civ is advantageous to you.

You just need to think out side the box. Hop out and shoot the cops tires out when you get to a good area or get a text ready and when you take a good corner send it and E-brake.

20 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

Yes 100%. Warning shots are a way to usually get your attention or slow you down SO THEY can engage.

They have not at that current time, which is why an experienced player if they didn't have anything would just let the dickhead kill them or if you have stuff, then it isn't worth your time filing a report so just scadadle out of there.

If you choose to turn and fight thats your acceptance for both parties engaging

Honestly the person who's firing warning shots would make me think that hes trying to RDM, or my name is red for him. So id shoot back and shoot him.

2 hours ago, Leonid Brezhnev said:

Honestly the person who's firing warning shots would make me think that hes trying to RDM, or my name is red for him. So id shoot back and shoot him.

Yeah it totally makes sense why you would do it, but thats what they want you to do. 

Thats why I said you just have to choose either let him kill you, run, or if you are going to shoot back make sure you can kill them

Bherky likes this

I don't know if this can be called RDM, but imagine there's a helicopter that won't leave you alone, you can't get a name or anything so you fire warning shots and after a couple minutes of trying to scare them away, they refuse to leave, so said person just shoots them down. The people in the heli knew the risk and yet continued to follow this person. In this situation I personally would not say it's RDM, but it's always up to the admins in the end. That's how I imagine warning shots being used.