Tool Kit Talent

I posted this on the old forums but thought I would re-post.  So with the arma update the only reason we carry backpacks around is for tool kits.  Now we all know backpacks add a lot a sway so my idea is to have a talent just like the parachute talent for helis, but instead it fills your cars with 5 tool kits when the vehicle spawns.  Maybe put this as a separate talent or just integrate it into the parachute talent.  Would love to hear some feed back from the community! 

22 minutes ago, The Orphan said:

I posted this on the old forums but thought I would re-post.  So with the arma update the only reason we carry backpacks around is for tool kits.  Now we all know backpacks add a lot a sway so my idea is to have a talent just like the parachute talent for helis, but instead it fills your cars with 5 tool kits when the vehicle spawns.  Maybe put this as a separate talent or just integrate it into the parachute talent.  Would love to hear some feed back from the community! 

Backpacks add almost no weight. They only add weight when retards fill them up with 20 mags and try to run around. 10 mags for run and gun, 20 for PB//Bank spraying

24 minutes ago, OwenSeven said:

Wouldnt matter because a toolkit wont function unless its on your person which would require a backpack anyways, but +1 fuck backpacks

the script could add the smallest backpack that a toolkit will fit in so you just pull the bag out, get a toolkit and use, or could just have a backpack with you at all times just dont have 30000 items in it.

What about adding a new item: Vehicle repair

you buy it for something similar to defib price, so 1k and put it on vehicle of choice, like nitro. Once added, that vehicle repairs at Toolkit speeds until stored or          destroyed. This removes the constant need of toolkits on people, but if you plan on stealing cars etc, there is still a use for carrying toolkits.

Make the vehicle repair heavy like a gold bar and not able to be stored in vehicle inventories. This keeps from just running around with this item instead of toolkits.

The Orphan likes this
On 1/30/2016 at 11:24 AM, Murmurs said:

What about adding a new item: Vehicle repair

you buy it for something similar to defib price, so 1k and put it on vehicle of choice, like nitro. Once added, that vehicle repairs at Toolkit speeds until stored or          destroyed. This removes the constant need of toolkits on people, but if you plan on stealing cars etc, there is still a use for carrying toolkits.

Make the vehicle repair heavy like a gold bar and not able to be stored in vehicle inventories. This keeps from just running around with this item instead of toolkits.

This might be a a good idea.  I like the sound of it.  Only thing I don't like is the price.  A car is about 400$ to pull out and a tool kit is i think like 50$.  Maybe have the price of the vehicle repair be like 400$.  I think the price of a defib would be a bit to high but the idea behind the vehicle repair is a great idea.  If it were the price of a defib maybe make the item a Y inventory item but have it act also like a defib.  So you aren't limited to using it on just one car.

On 30/01/2016 at 4:12 AM, Axe said:

Backpacks add almost no weight. They only add weight when retards fill them up with 20 mags and try to run around. 10 mags for run and gun, 20 for PB//Bank spraying

The backpacks in the rebel store add enough weight to impact you on a couple seconds of fatigue sway. The Assault packs on the other hand weigh hardly anything, and you can hold tool-kits in them.

#BringAssaultPacksToRebelStores