Got it. New computer inc....

Agent X

I have the HDD and SSD, PSU and everything else in my computer now. All of the components in the pic's are being upgraded in my current setup. Saves me a bit of money considering the new parts cost $1400+. 

Technically not a new computer but I'm gutting my current set up and replacing with shiny parts.

Edited by Agent X
20 minutes ago, KevinOB said:

$700 monitor. :o

I did a lot of thinking on whether or not to spend this kind of money on a Monitor, 3-4 months. In the end the 144hz 1ms at 1440p just seemed to be worth the new gaming experience. It seemed to best compliment the new CPU and GPU. Cant wait to test this thing out. Heard some great stuff about it and some bad stuff. Only time will tell.

Edited by Agent X
3 minutes ago, Distinct said:

Could've gotten triple monitor setup with BenQ 24 inch monitors for cheaper....

Understandable. Like I said before. I did a lot of going back and forth on which monitor to choose. I decided that I wanted a 1440p monitor and was going to go with the BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 when it was $519. The price went from 519 to 666 over night and has stayed there since. The Asus has Gsync and the BenQ free sync. I decided to spend the extra 20 bucks and go with the Gsync in order to avoid any hassle in dealing with the refresh rates for specific games. 

Besides I have multiple monitors as it is and could get a new one if i needed to.

18 minutes ago, Diseased said:

Cool build shold run arma 3 good for 2-3 years

Plan on throwing another 980ti in there next year to make it run for a long time. This is my hobby and it's fun as hell to upgrade.

12 minutes ago, Pentax said:

144 hz won't even be felt on arma 3, cause arma 3 never can even reach 144 fps :D

Cool setup though, I'm thinking of upgrading soon myself, and planning to invest up to 4k into everything.

It'll still be better than my current setup by far. My I7-3770k just cant handle it anymore. 

21 hours ago, Pentax said:

144 hz won't even be felt on arma 3, cause arma 3 never can even reach 144 fps :D

Cool setup though, I'm thinking of upgrading soon myself, and planning to invest up to 4k into everything.

oh but you're so wrong.
Try a 144Hz monitor, set it to 60Hz, play some arma 3 and preferably drive a sports at 300km/h.
Then set it to back 144Hz and realize what kind of aids 60Hz actually is.

It's not all about 144Hz = 144fps.

Edited by Big Fred

Nice work.  Good shit with the ROG swift.   I bought that 8 months ago and never looked back. 

22 hours ago, Pentax said:

He'll definitely see a difference with gsync alone coming from a 60hz monitor.  Everything is just smoother- plus playing other games at 144hz is just icing on the cake.