Gaming Laptops

The Orphan

Hey guys.  Most people know that right now I run a crazy setup for my desktop at my house.  This year I have a lot of traveling ahead of me and I'm getting sick of not being able to play games when I am away.  I'm looking to get one fast since I'm going over to Europe for a month in 2 weeks for Vacation.

I don't really have a set budget but trying to keep the laptop at a max for around $1,700 USD.  I am also trying to keep the laptop thin for traveling since I do travel a lot.  The computer must be able to be upgraded in RAM since I do a lot of video editing and rendering for school.

Here is my current PC build.  I know a aptop can't be anything like this, but I am hoping for a laptop that can handle games and not be really thick and bulky!93213772ab56bd30c9b3bd9e67047ca0.png

37 minutes ago, The Orphan said:

Does anyone know about the new Razer Blade Stealth?  Because they have that new GPU thing for it and I have an extra 760 TI lying around my house.

Reviews are mixed.  $1,399 for a 4k ultrabook isn't bad.  You just have to lug around the external GPU unit.  Kind of defeats the portability...

If I had to do it portable I would probably choose ASUS ROG laptops.  The 15.6 or the 17.3.  With your price point you can get a 256SSD, 4GB GPU and a 6700 i7.  

6 minutes ago, Brew said:

Wait so youre going on vacation and you decide to go to another country just to have a diffrent view when you play video games?

Gimme your plane ticket. Ill actually visit shit and not play video games the whole vacation.

I know when I went to Fiji and New Zealand I was bored to tears at 3am (because it was 11am for my body due to the timezone changes).  Took me about 3 days to adjust- would have been nice to have something to mess around with at 4am.

Edited by Clint Beastwood
The Orphan likes this
26 minutes ago, Clint Beastwood said:

I know when I went to Fiji and New Zealand I was bored to tears at 3am (because it was 11am for my body due to the timezone changes).  Took me about 3 days to adjust- would have been nice to have something to mess around with at 4am.

I think he can last 3 days without a game lol.

47 minutes ago, Brew said:

Wait so youre going on vacation and you decide to go to another country just to have a diffrent view when you play video games?

Gimme your plane ticket. Ill actually visit shit and not play video games the whole vacation.

Sorry didn't know it was illegal for me to play games on days that I am traveling and not going site seeing.  Also didn't know that this computer was only for vacation.  Didn't I also state it will be used for school?

22 minutes ago, Bry said:

If you're going on vacation why don't you enjoy what there is in Europe rather than playing video games. Saves you money and you get to enjoy everything Europe has to offer!

Ive also been to Europe many times.  So I'm not going to be doing a lot of things there.  My family and I just like it there so thats why we go.  At night time I tend to stay up much later then my family and it is nice to have something to do when they are all sleeping.

1 minute ago, Brew said:

He is a rich boy and wont stfu about it

Because I asked opinions about laptops I'm getting shit for having money.  When you earn your money and stop riding on daddy's dick all day come back and talk shit to me.  I've earned every cent I've ever made and I use that to buy myself toys that I enjoy using.  My parents always told me to work hard and by working hard I can do what ever I want.  So unless you have any nice laptops you would suggest me buying please get THE FUCK off my post.  Cheers

4 minutes ago, The Orphan said:

Because I asked opinions about laptops I'm getting shit for having money.  When you earn your money and stop riding on daddy's dick all day come back and talk shit to me.  I've earned every cent I've ever made and I use that to buy myself toys that I enjoy using.  My parents always told me to work hard and by working hard I can do what ever I want.  So unless you have any nice laptops you would suggest me buying please get THE FUCK off my post.  Cheers

I feel a DDOS icoming. In DHM you wouldnt stfu how rich you were. Please, we dont care. Thats all im saying

Edited by Brew
Just now, Brew said:

I feel a DDOS icoming. In DHM you wouldnt stfu how rich you were. Please, we dont care.

Honestly STFU.  I have my own fucking charity.  At least I do good things with the money at I earned and all people do in this community is put others down.  Can a MOD or ADMIN please close this thread and I will make a new one later since we have 25 year old guys in this community that like to act like 2 year olds.

11 minutes ago, The Orphan said:

Honestly STFU.  I have my own fucking charity.  At least I do good things with the money at I earned and all people do in this community is put others down.  Can a MOD or ADMIN please close this thread and I will make a new one later since we have 25 year old guys in this community that like to act like 2 year olds.

:salt::salt:

Did your parents make all their money off the salt industry by any chance? 

3 minutes ago, Brew said:

:salt::salt:

Did your parents make all their money off the salt industry by any chance? 

This isn't about me being salty this is about you being a 5 year old terd and no knowing what respect in life is.  Sorry that I am able to go out an buy a nice new shiny laptop that you can't.  No need to take the hate out on me.  Oh and yes we did make all our money in the salt industry.  It was actually the Sea Salt that made us our money.

Just now, The Orphan said:

This isn't about me being salty this is about you being a 5 year old terd and no knowing what respect in life is.  Sorry that I am able to go out an buy a nice new shiny laptop that you can't.  No need to take the hate out on me.  Oh and yes we did make all our money in the salt industry.  It was actually the Sea Salt that made us our money.

I'm not hating. I'm just commenting on the fact that you show off that you're rich and you don't care about anything. Listen you need to learn to respect where you're at. Sure you're rich. No one gives a fuck. Don't care. Just saying that if you go on a trip with your family, instead of buying a laptop, buy a camera. Be fond of the memories you can create with them instead of spending half of your stupid time playing video games.

1 minute ago, Brew said:

I'm not hating. I'm just commenting on the fact that you show off that you're rich and you don't care about anything. Listen you need to learn to respect where you're at. Sure you're rich. No one gives a fuck. Don't care. Just saying that if you go on a trip with your family, instead of buying a laptop, buy a camera. Be fond of the memories you can create with them instead of spending half of your stupid time playing video games.

I was never trying to show off I was rich you terd bag.  I simply asked people for an opinion on a new Laptop and you always go off on every thing I post.  I get you don't like me, and personally I fucking hate you.  But it doesn't mean you need to come on this post and start ranting about me.  Your a 21 year old male that sounds like Leslie who sounds like a 2 year old girl.

Just now, The Orphan said:

I was never trying to show off I was rich you terd bag.  I simply asked people for an opinion on a new Laptop and you always go off on every thing I post.  I get you don't like me, and personally I fucking hate you.  But it doesn't mean you need to come on this post and start ranting about me.  Your a 21 year old male that sounds like Leslie who sounds like a 2 year old girl.

Lol wut? I'm not even 21 and I sure as hell don't sound like Leslie.

43 minutes ago, The Orphan said:

dont explain yourself to these fucking annoying internet trolls they probably are just some pimple puss filled jealous fucks

The Orphan and Gubber Flexx like this
2 minutes ago, Feenix G. Reno said:

People be jealous now a days . don't get a razer . had one before and sucked ass.

Ya been hearing a lot of mixed opinions on the Razers.  Only reason I am looking into them is because of how thin they are.  I really am looking for something thin.  Doesn't need to be strictly for gaming