Contract Killings / Assassinations

Although this idea has already been suggested, I believe it’s a great idea so I decided to make a full though out plan to implement this. Thanks for @Canna for the suggestion.

How would this work?

As a contract killer, you pick bounties of your choice on the contract killing list. The reason for so is that it will encourage more people going for the highest one (which actually happens in real life). You are limited to 2 contracts at the time and cannot take the same contracts on your own gang members.

To place your contract, you access your phone and create a contract under [CONTRAT] (new phone icon). You place a certain bounty on a certain player. Once this is done, the amount offered is automatically taken out of your account. You would not be able to place a contract on yourself.

When a bounty is placed on you, you will receive a pop up message (like a text). You will also receive one when a person accepts the contract. The contract shall be limited to 10 players maximum. When there are 10 players who have the contract, it shall be taken off the list.

The bounty placed on someone needs to be over 5k. Multiple bounties can be placed on someone’s head. Once eliminated, the contract will be terminated.

It is similar to bounty hunters. Your contracts will be located in the bottom right corner. There will also be a message there if someone has a contract on you. You can track your bounty via scroll wheel every 5 minutes. Also, when beside him his nametag will appear as purple (or different colour, it just needs to be different that gang war).

What would we need to implement?

It will only be accessible by rebels. Many talents will need to be implemented: ability to accept contracts, informants, Assassin specific weapons…

Assassin only gear:

-          Clothing : Suit and tie (governor clothes but different colour if possible)

-          Weapons :  4-Five Pistol

-          Accessories: 9mm Suppressor and 45. Cal Suppressor

-          Items : Poison (You have the ability to silently kill and possibly not get a bounty) Poison will kill through time and slow down the player affected (1 minute to kill)

_CtTPvaQf-s4.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Edited by Brew
Just now, Brew said:

Yeah I forgot to add that. Initiation works like gang wars

Issue is, one side will know that he can RDM, whereas the victim wouldn't until the assassin gets close enough to see the red tags. I like the idea, but increasing random killings is the last thing we want. If there was a way to incorporate it while increasing roleplay, then that'll be interesting.

Just now, Haych said:

Issue is, one side will know that he can RDM, whereas the victim wouldn't until the assassin gets close enough to see the red tags. I like the idea, but increasing random killings is the last thing we want. If there was a way to incorporate it while increasing roleplay, then that'll be interesting.

Gang wars are two groups who agreed that killing each other is not RDM.  A contract killing is a person killing someone who does not agree to be killed on site....

1 minute ago, Cifunds said:

HITMAN?

HITMAN received a mission to kill someone but in the same time the victim received a notification that he has a bounty on his head.

Well it would diminish the side chat spamming saying RDM RDM RDM after they randomly get killed

It's just a suggestion. Offer up ideas how to work around this

Edited by Brew
1 minute ago, Cifunds said:

HITMAN?

HITMAN received a mission to kill someone but in the same time the victim received a notification that he has a bounty on his head.

Then that opens it up for the victim shot shoot anyone near them with a gun no? Can his friends shoot the hitman? or anyone that looks threatening with a gun?  I mean the idea seems fun I just dont know how you implement something like this without RDM possibilities. 

Bersabee likes this
6 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Then that opens it up for the victim shot shoot anyone near them with a gun no? Can his friends shoot the hitman? or anyone that looks threatening with a gun?  I mean the idea seems fun I just dont know how you implement something like this without RDM possibilities. 

6 minutes ago, OLL13 said:

Awesome idea, been suggested before and the same problem arises, the whole initiation barrier 

We need to find a way around the end possibilities 

3 minutes ago, DreamC said:
20 minutes ago, HotWings said:

I wouldn't  mind if bounty hunters got half a bounty price paid for lethaling someone and a ticket for $2500 like gang war. The only problem would really be an auto pardon system. I would prefer this over assassins tho

Hmmm how about HITMAN gets a badge but different than BH When they accept a hit?(cant be hidden) so the victim can see by tilde?

Bersabee likes this

Maybe make it so "Poison" only works on your contracts (would prevent it from being abused), also the person that's being hunted should probably get a notification with the names of the people that are after him. The person being hunted could also get some notification when the "Hunter" is close and they should also have different colored names so they stand out. But other than great idea +1

Bersabee and Cifunds like this
43 minutes ago, Swifty said:

Maybe make it so "Poison" only works on your contracts (would prevent it from being abused), also the person that's being hunted should probably get a notification with the names of the people that are after him. The person being hunted could also get some notification when the "Hunter" is close and they should also have different colored names so they stand out. But other than great idea +1

Doesn't really cure the RDM part of it because unless the person being hunted can accept the being hunted part then it doesn't really change the RDM part of it because it still is a random death. This has come up over and over again and runs into the same problem in which there is no way to get around RDM so the chances that this ever gets put in is extremely small. However this doesn't prevent someone from paying for someone to be kidnapped and brought to them which has been done multiple times on the server.

35 minutes ago, Trilligy said:

Doesn't really cure the RDM part of it because unless the person being hunted can accept the being hunted part then it doesn't really change the RDM part of it because it still is a random death. This has come up over and over again and runs into the same problem in which there is no way to get around RDM so the chances that this ever gets put in is extremely small. However this doesn't prevent someone from paying for someone to be kidnapped and brought to them which has been done multiple times on the server.

Hmm, the "RDM" part, how about a reward for both sides, for example hunter takes contract, person that is going to be hunted accepts the "hunted" part, the hunter has (x) amount of time to kill/capture, if failed to do so the person being hunted gets a % of money from what their bounty is, so 100k bounty 5% (Can be higher) would be 5k etc...

If 3 people are hunting and the person being hunted manages to get away, they would get 15% of that bounty so 15k. You could even implement a new "Bounty" system, so we have one for the current crimes and a new one for player placed bounties.

This way people would want to accept being "Hunted" because they have a chance to get something from it.

PS. It could be abused by people with multiple accounts e.g Account 2 places a 1 million bounty on Account 1, Account 3 takes contracts both 1&3 accept and just wait out the time - duping money, but I'm sure you could figure out some rules regarding that, you do have magical powers after all. :D

Bersabee likes this
14 hours ago, Professor Pericles said:

Guys, make it time-based.

If somebody offers to put a hit on you, allow the target to accept or decline,  after giving them the name of their hitman. If they accept and last "X" amount of time, they receive the bounty reward versus the hitman

Lock yourself in a house. EZ win.